Question on Kick, crunch, & punch

beachmom

Ok, this is my first Cathe video, which I got because I didn't want to buy any equipment if I didn't like her workout. So, my question is probably silly, but what are the black gloves she uses and why. I understand things like that for weights, but why for this workout? Thanks!

Marti

Hi Marti! Cathe said they are wraps she used to keep her wrists in straight alignment. Great workout, isn't it? Just did it yesterday!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I'm sure the response that DebbieH gave is the correct one. But I also think they just look cool! I also wonder if they would help to absorb sweat.

Diane

I don't wear gloves when I do this workout...but I think Cathe does it to complete "the look" (as well as for her wrists?) Maybe you punch harder with your hands wrapped like that (just kidding).
I'm just happy to get through that workout in one piece. :p
Lisa

Hi,
I seem to remember that they are for what Debbie said... to keep your wrists in alignment during all the recoil punches. As far as for mopping up all the sweat, I don't know about you, but my wrists are probably the only thing that doesn't sweat LOL.

When I used to take kickboxing classes at our work rec center, we would use punching and kicking bags. The wraps were put on underneath the boxing gloves for added protection for your knuckles and wrists....and believe me, the added protection is welcome!

I HAVE NOTICED THAT WHEN I DO THIS WORKOUT WITHOUT MY GLOVES THAT MY NAILS DIG INTO MY SKIN AND IT ALSO HELPS WITH MY ALIGNMENT ALSO.

CHRISTINA

They definitely do help absorb sweat, at least from my experience. I used to wear wraps when doing kickboxing, and now usually wear 1# weighted gloves, but when I don't my palms get really sweaty by the end of the workout, and it feels gooky, like I need to towel off my hands every once in a while!

I did a search on this for you. Here is what Cathe answered to the wrist wraps. It is mentioned at the bottom of the post. Keep in mind, this is an OLD post and filming of the Hardcore is NOT complete! :7

As you now know, filming is complete . It has been a very busy last couple of months and will continue to be very busy right up through the editing process. I'm eager to get back online and answer your many questions. I just needed a couple of days to reconnect with my family. Thanks again for your patience. I will be on later this afternoon after a business meeting. Please note too that tomorrow is a full editing day and I will therefore most likely not be online. I am sooooooo pleased with the the new Body Blast Series and excited to complete the editing process so that we can move forward on getting them out to you as soon as possible.

I just happened to glance at a couple of questions before posting this and noticed that there is a huge interest in a mystery guest. Yikes, I sure didn't mean for this to be any kind of a tease. I simply was keeping quiet about announcing any new cast members incase things didn't work out, which in this case it did not. The two "mystery" guests were going to be in the kickbox tape but there was a scheduling conflict and things did not work out. So to make up for it Jai, Lorraine, and myself worked extra hard to make sure this workout delivered the intensity that it deserved . We were kickin butt and having a "blast" doing it Another question I happened to see was about wearing gloves in this workout. No, we are not wearing gloves, we are wearing wraps. We also taped them up so that they wouldn't accidently unravel during our more aggressive points in the workout. I found these wraps to be very beneficial for focusing on keeping my wrists in proper alignment.

Okay, time to prepare for the meeting. I will be back later. Have a great morning! Cathe

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.