Question for Xtend users

PhatFitness

Cathlete
The directions call for 2 scoops with 16oz water pre workout; 2 scoops w/16oz water during workout and another 2 scoops w/16oz water post workout...............is all that really necessary to get the benefit from this product?? I tried it according to directions and I just felt overloaded with water and product and I couldn't get my post workout protein shake down.....just didn't have room for it. Also the post workout drink made my body feel tingly like I needed to workout some more. I know it's an endurance and recovery enhancer but I'm wondering if I should just use it as an engery booster and just take it pre and during workout only.

Have you used this product?? Any comments are welcome.

I use Xtend (Lemonaid) and use one scoop in my waterbottle during my workout per hour. Its all I need for the added edge it provides. Afterwards if the workout was straight weight lifting, I'll eat a handful of raisens followed by 8 ounces of water with a scoop of whey protein. I have the same reaction that you do if I use the full amount for my weight, sort of a tingly sensation that I can do without.

Thanks for the reply DD, I think on my next workout I'll take the 16oz drink and have 8oz pre and 8oz during and see how that works. Sometimes I get hung up on directions and forget that I really need to modify things to suit me and what I need.

I had to read this to find out what "Xtend" was: from the name, it sounds like one of those "male enhancement" products!:eek:

Dirt Diva - me too. We can be dual judges. I mean, it would be a lot of hard work but I GUeSS I could tolerate it :)

PhatFitness - I use it as well. I will sip a scoop in 16 oz while working out and sometimes another scoop afterwards, depending on the workout. I will often mix a scoop of Powerade and a scoop of Xtend in a water bottle for biking and I never bonk or feel dehydrated. Actually, for long rides, I will take two bottles, each prepared the same. I don't care for gels but keep up with the boys just fine with what I do, and the boys are downing the gels ;) I also like Cliff Shot Blocks - I will chew 3 or 4 on long rides too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.