Question for veteran Road Trippers

FitChick25

Cathlete
Just a quick question regarding pre-Road Trip workouts for those who have had the pleasure of road tripping before! Do you usually scale back on intensity for the workouts you do the week prior to the Road Trip weekend to let your body rest up, or do you maintain your usual level of intensity? Just curious! Thanks in advance! :)

Just a quick question regarding pre-Road Trip workouts for those who have had the pleasure of road tripping before! Do you usually scale back on intensity for the workouts you do the week prior to the Road Trip weekend to let your body rest up, or do you maintain your usual level of intensity? Just curious! Thanks in advance! :)

I don't know if I am a "veteran" because last year was my first RT, but here is what I did last year. My last cardio was on the Tuesday before the trip. Then Wednesday I did PLB, and Thursday I did PUB. I was ready to go on Friday! most of the workouts are cardio, so I think it worked well for me.

Hope this helps! Cannot wait to meet you! You will have a blast!

Kristin

Kristin's idea is a good idea...I usually just maintain my normal workout schedule and find that I am just fine. The energy in the room sure helps to get me moving even after all the EXTRA workouts! Something about hearing all those feet moving is sooo fun! :eek:

Thanks, ladies! I appreciate your feedback. I can definitely imagine how motivating it is to be with so many fellow Cathletes, and of course with Cathe herself! I guess I'm still just having a hard time wrapping my mind around so many workouts in so few days, but I'm most definitely up for the challenge:D

Looking forward to meeting you too, Kristin! And same to you Debbie if you are attending the RT!

I don't necessarily tone down the intensity, but i admit that i take a couple steps back from heavy weight lifting the 2 days prior. I don't want nasty DOMS sneaking up on me before the roadtrip aches even start kicking in :eek:

Last year was my first year too. I didn't tone down anything although I timed an STS rotation to end about 2 weeks prior...but I still did everything else I normally do (swim, run, weights)...
In fact that Friday morning I did my usual swim & run at the Y before heading out for the almost 5 hour drive to Glassboro. And I swam at the hotel on Saturday morning. Sunday I didn't have time or I would have.

I listen to my body and either go all out or turn it down a few notches. But, the adrenaline rush will certainly kick in when you start to feel a bit tired. The important thing is to listen to your body and do what you can. Even the most fit of us can have our off days. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.