Question for FitnessFreakk

mgm1

Cathlete
Debbie, thank you for all the advise you give you give on this forum. I would love your input on a rotation I am planing to follow. I would like to put some muscles and lose body fat (in the same rotation:p) I would like to combine Slow and Heavy with Gym Style. I was thinking to do something like this:

D1: S&H Chest, GS Chest, S&H Triceps, GS Triceps
D2: Cardio
D3: S&H Legs, S&H Shoulders, GS shoulders
D4: Cardio
D5: S&H Backs, GS Back, S&H Biceps, GS Biceps
D6: OFF
D7: Cardio

What do you think. Is it an overkill?
I am not sure if S&H should be done before GS for vice versa.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look it this. Your input is greatly appreciated.

p.s I am done with STS long time ago (can't get rid of the sticker)

Debbie, thank you for all the advise you give you give on this forum. I would love your input on a rotation I am planing to follow. I would like to put some muscles and lose body fat (in the same rotation:p) I would like to combine Slow and Heavy with Gym Style. I was thinking to do something like this:

D1: S&H Chest, GS Chest, S&H Triceps, GS Triceps
D2: Cardio
D3: S&H Legs, S&H Shoulders, GS shoulders
D4: Cardio
D5: S&H Backs, GS Back, S&H Biceps, GS Biceps
D6: OFF
D7: Cardio

What do you think. Is it an overkill?
I am not sure if S&H should be done before GS for vice versa.

Thank you so much for taking the time to look it this. Your input is greatly appreciated.

p.s I am done with STS long time ago (can't get rid of the sticker)

Yes, unfortunately I think it's way overkill. I think you'd be better off doing GS one week and S&H the next. Just alternate the two series and you'll get excellent results. If you are trying to build some muscle, lift as heavy as you can, even if you fail early. But try to use a weight where you can maybe do two more reps if you had to. It takes some trial and error to figure out the correct weights, but when you get it, record it and continue to raise that amount as you go along.

Good rotation, though. Do ab work about twice a week.

Good luck!

Thanks for your honest opinion, Debbie. I have been thinking for the past couple of days that it was an overkill as well. I will follow your suggestion to alternate the weeks with S&H and GS. Thanks once again for taking the time to reply.

Hi mgm1,

What you're looking for sounds similar to a FF rotation that I am doing that incorporates GS, S&H and PUB/PLB workouts. I am in the third week and am seeing great results. I also add 1-2 extra cardio sessions a week on weight days (i.e. 30 min cardio in the AM and weights in the afternoon/evening) to get a little extra calorie burn. Check it out at http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236426

Stepitup- thanks a lot for that, I missed that one. It looks really interesting. Thank you :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.