Question for anyone from Buffalo area??

Vrobinson

Cathlete
I am going to Buffalo for a weekend trip :) and am hoping to buy Plate Mates while I am there. Does anyone know where I can purchase them and how much they cost? I know I will be near the Galleria Mall.

Hi,

I am in Buffalo...I saw them at at place called G&G Fitness, but that is on Transit Road..not exactly near the Galleria Mall..but not that far either. If you have a way to get there, I can get the address/phone number for you.

p.s I ordered them on-line and they were not that much, even with shipping.. but I forgot where I got them from :(

Deb

There's a Dick Sporting Goods right in the Galleria Mall. Not sure if they have plate mates in the store though. More importantly, there's a Cheesecake Factory in the mall now!! :p

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Good Luck trying to get into the Cheesecake Factory...my husband is from Buffalo, and whenever we go to visit his parents, the line is completely out the door. Now that I think about it, every C.F. I've seen has the same line...what is this Cheesecake Factory and why does everyone want to go?!?

Aimee

G & G Fitness should have them, they are on Transit Road in williamsville, about 15 minutes from the Galleria mall..... Here's their phone #716 633 2527... you could call them to make sure they are in stock........website: http://www.livefit.com/

Kath

Look at all the Cathe people in Buffalo?? I always think I'm the only one here.

I don't have any additional suggestions besides Dick's in the Galleria, and G&G Fitness. Isn't there an Alessi Fitness on Transit Rd. too (near Sheridan Dr.)?

On a side note, I do love the chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake, but this weekend we're going the The Melting Pot (also in the mall). Maybe I'll see ya there! :)

Kel

Kel
Alessi Fitness closed and now is just a gym (located just past Clarence Center on Transit)..............

Let us know how the Melting Pot is!!!

Kath

There is also a great fitness place on Hertel Avenue called Pacillo's. I got my barbells from there. They have just about everything.

As a side note, I joined Cathe's forum recently and was glad to see replies from Buffalo people! I was born and raised in the area and I love Buffalo. Winter and all!

I am a lifetime member of Bally's, but since doing Cathe's DVD's, I have not gone to the gym and I'm in the best shape of my life at 46!

Thank you Cathe!!

I grew up in the Buffalo area, but now live in CT. I still have family in the area so am back for visits. I don't miss the winters ("Lake effect snow"...), but frankly they aren't much better where I am!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Hi everyone!

I can;t believe there are that many of us from Buffalo on this site! ..

Lisa: how funny...I am also a lifetime Bally member ( I got the Lifetime Gold card 30 years ago when it was called American Fitness..no renewal for life!) and I haven;t been there in about 10 years! I love working out at home and I love Cathe's workouts..

p.s I live right near Pacillos.. I actually bought my weight bench there about 7 years ago.

Deb:)

>Kel
>Alessi Fitness closed and now is just a gym (located just past
>Clarence Center on Transit)..............
>
>Let us know how the Melting Pot is!!!
>
>Kath

Thanks for clearing that up. I can picture the sign, but it's been awhile.
I've been to the Melting Pot a few times while on vacation, and it's fun (and yummy - chocolate turtle fondue with bananas and marshmallows?! :9 )

I wanted to add maybe Bert's Bikes and Fitness might have them (I think they are on Niagara Falls Blvd, Transit Rd and Milestrip[?]). I'm pretty sure they sell weights there.

Let us know if you find them. I might need to get some myself.
Kel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.