Question about the new tapes?

MarianneG

Any idea if there is a chance that modifications will be shown in the new tapes during high impact? I just love the choreography of your tapes, but my knees are just protesting a lot these days (in fact I've taken a complete break from high impact to try to heal). Since your tapes ARE so choreographed I cannot come up with alternatives on my own, which is why I'm hoping that you can either show some alternatives or have one exerciser do a lower impact version throughout. Is there a way you would know this before the pre-order window ends?
Thanks so much!

Marianne

Featured modifications

YES!!!!! That is such great news! Thank you so much, Cathe! It looks like I got some new tapes to look forward to!
happy.gif

Marianne

I'm happy too!

This is good news to me as well. I have had so many foot problems, that I've pretty much given up on doing high impact. I still do some of your older tapes such as Mega Step Blast, but I can't do the more recent cardio ones, so I haven't bought them. I do have all the weight tapes though and I do use those. I was thinking of just buying the weight DVD, but now I may buy more.

Hi Kathryn!

It looks like there will be plenty of people in the back of the class after all
wink.gif

Marianne, who figures she'd rather be in the back of the class modifying than missing out completely!

Modifications

I don't want to mislead anyone so I want to clearly point out that the modifications that I'm considering would be either myself, or the whole crew, demonstrating the modification of lower intensity before we take it to high intensity. I will attempt to do this as often as I can, however, there may be times where a modification is not featured.

just curious

Hi Cathe!
Just curious (as I never have problem modifying down, even if the move is not demo'ed), but is it just a personal preference that you have about you and your crew performing the workouts at a high-impact/high-intensity level, without modifications (apart from the short demonstration of the low-impact move)?

I know your videos target the advanced, "educated" crowd, after all. And of course, if neither you nor your crew "need" to modify down, that would be the most obvious reason (and judging by the looks of you guys, it's probably true!).

Eulonda

I'm curious too....

I was wondering too, if this is personal preference, or if there is a videotaping reason behind this. I know the tapes will be fantastic as always, no matter what you do, but I had really been hoping for someone to show modifications. (Also, could you have someone demonstrate an alternate for lunges -- can we say "aging, aching knees"?)

Hi Eulonda!

How's your baby? Glad to see you posting again. I'd been thinking about you of late, wondering how you've been.

Also, I agree that I never have had trouble modifying my workouts either. Cathe has always been good about demonstrating low to medium level moves prior to moving up in intensity.

hey Amy

Hey Amy,
It's moi! The baby's great!! 10 months old now and today she learned to clap her hands (yaaay Tally). I'll e-mail you offline, 'kay?

Eulonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.