Question about HIIT

lucyloo45

Hi everybody,
I have a question about the Shock Cardio HIIT. How many times a week can you do it and how many calories should you be consuming while doing HIIT?

Thanks!

I've only had HiiT for a little over a week now, but I've fit four workouts in a week (I didnt do more simply because I dont want my muscles to become used to the routine and dont want to have my mind begin to find it boring), and it's not too difficult to do two HiiT programs back to back.

HiiT workouts burn between 250 and 275 calories, according to the Workout Manager, so I wouldnt worry too much about calorie consumption if I were you. The workouts are good, but they arent gods. They wont kill you if you dont eat enough. ;)

Thanks for your reply! How many calories do you consume? I usually try to stick to 1200, 1500 when I'm working out about an hour a day.

I'm trying to lose weight at the moment, so I stick to healthy foods and keep my calorie count below 1200, doing cardio for an hour a day in addition to core exercises. I let myself eat whatever I want on Sundays though; I find that having a "free" day keeps me from craving highly calor-ific foods too badly during the other six days of the week. I also find that it shocks my body a bit when I go from 2000 calories to 1200 or less, and I can sometimes drop a pound that way.

It's probably worth mentioning that I stand just below five feet in height (and, when I'm at a good weight, have a very slight frame), so even when I'm not trying to lose weight, I need to eat considerably less than a person of average height. :)

I schedule HIIT workout no more than twice a week with 2 FULL DAYS rest in between. I don't know why but I find I perform better with 2 full days rest.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.