Q about Jari Love

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what is the format of Ripped and Chiseled? does that one have any cardio?

what is the format of Ripped and Chiseled? does that one have any cardio?

No cardio in R&C. This workout is upper body intense with a set of pulsing squats, lunges, and deadlifts.

Here is a generic breakdown of the workout.
http://www.videofitness.com/reviews/love-rc.php

There are 120 reps doing regular bicep curls (half way up, full range of motion, half way down)all in various tempos.
88 reps of hammer head curls:eek:

I normally curl 15-20lb dumbbells. I can't get past my 6lb'ers with R&C!

The entire upper body routine is pretty intense.

I posted this question at VF/Yayas....
I am into the 3rd week of Jari's Advanced Rotation. What is the idea/science behind it? I have lost some of the celluite from thighs (which means I can no longer grab a handful-gross I know), some from belly. I still weigh about the same and I didn't measure before I started. Katie my daughter started with me for the first week and lost 4lbs. Just wonderin'....

I replied, posted this:

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/413647

http://www.freedomfly.net/Articles/.../training29.htm

Briefly 2 sites that I found that kinda of answered, the how and why but doesn't really explain to me (of course I have read it and can't get around my head LOL) promotes a slim in inches first, weight lost second. Or that has been my experience. I haven't tried on the skirt that I purchased that was a little snug though.

I also haven't been doing the 60-70 minutes of cardio but about 45 minutes or so. Now Katie my daughter lost 4lbs in the first week, but now she is doing mostly cardio this week. She couldn't keep up (then again she is 14 and weights are quite not her thing).

I had gained 3lbs over vacation and I weighed in today and lost about 2 but I also retain water and flucate all over the scale.

There are 120 reps doing regular bicep curls (half way up, full range of motion, half way down)all in various tempos.
88 reps of hammer head curls:eek:

I normally curl 15-20lb dumbbells. I can't get past my 6lb'ers with R&C!

The entire upper body routine is pretty intense.

WOW! sounds awesome!

Thanks for the info!

Thanks Cynthia, wow those women in the pics are seriously lifting...a goal for sure!

I never thought I would say this about any instructor. My goal is to look just like Debbie Siebers! Did you see her photos on VF? She is 48 years old!!

I never thought I would say this about any instructor. My goal is to look just like Debbie Siebers! Did you see her photos on VF? She is 48 years old!!

She looks great!! My Mom adores her and the Slim in 6 and Slim Series workouts! I think she looks like Jennifer Garner, love those dimples!

OMG! I hate my Slim Series so bad, I seriously was almost in tears doing "Tear it Up' last week, I was so irritated. I am quite sure Debbie is a lovely woman, but good god these workouts bore me sooo bad. Might have to revisit Miss Jari, but wow, there is just something about Cathe that appeals to me and keeps me coming back for more. Same with Tony H...right now I have discovered the wonderful world of kettlebells and I am totally hooked, so hard, so heart pounding hard and awesome!

I love that there is something for everyone though, and did not mean to offend anyone with my honest feeling about SS.:eek:

I wonder why so many are bored with SS?
I've only done Tear it up and I liked it. I couldn't do it at full steam because I twisted my darn ankle the day before(over my son's shoes).

I know they are long workouts, but I always workout at least one hour a day. Sometimes 1.5 a day if it's with Coach Sean!
I think the SS appeals to me to much because of all the lower body work. I work my lower body almost everyday and these will help me do that. I decided I was going to follow Freestyle training for a while. I'm getting really noticeable results working my legs @70% 5-6 times a week.

I love the fact Debbie is close to my age and looks so great.

I have been doing a Jari and Cathe rotation for about 6 weeks now and getting great results. I have also lost a couple of lbs which has been all but impossible for the past several years. I am 53 and post-menopausal so my metabolism is very low. I find using Cathe for cardio and heavy weights combined with a couple of days of Jari is doing my body good.

I'm weird. I love Slim Series!! LOL!! I really do. I don't find them boring at all. In fact, I find them really challenging in a different way than I find Cathe challenging.

Carol
:)

Yes please share your rotation! I too hated SS. I did the full advanced rotation twice. Then I traded it away. Debbie (I think she looks like Jenifer Garner also) seems like a very nice person but I can't stand her voice for some reason. I just hated the way the whole thing was set up--the two background people i.e Kevin. That is one trade I never regretted.

Which one is Kevin in?

I just did Firm it up for the first time. It's not as much lower body as I'm used to. I may add some weights next time. - or finish off with some sprints from coach Sean.
I'll wait to see what a full week looks like. I haven't done them as prescribed. It may be enough with all the work combined.

Candi,

Would you share your exact rotation using Cathe and Jari? Thanks![/QUOTE]

LucyH (cute),

Videos utilized:

Jari Love's: Ripped and Chiseled, Ripped 1000
Cathe's: Cardio - KP&C,Drill Max,IMAX 1,Low Max,Rythmic Step,MIC
Weights - CTX Upper Body Split, Gym Style Lower Body,
Legs and Glutes, Power Hour, Muscle Endurance
Kimberly Spreen: Absolute KickBox

M - Ripped and Chiseled including Abs
T - Cathe cardio from list above (45 minutes)
W - Cathe leg workout either GSLB or L&G(rotate weekly), Abs from PH
TH - CTX Upper Body Split
F - Cathe cardio of choice (45 minutes)
S - Absolue Kickbox (cardio and ab sections)
S - Ripped 1000, Abs from ME

I am keeping my calories in check between 1200 and 1300. That may seem low for some but I am 53 and menopausal so my metabolism is slow. I'm loading up on the veggies and fruit so I'm not really hungry.

Ripped and Chiseled is comparable to Power Hour IMHO but with a lot more reps. Ripped 1000 is more of a circuit workout. I use the same weights as Jari uses in Ripped 1000 because I am using weights again the next day. In Ripped and Chiseled I match what the men use or one increment higher.

Which one is Kevin in?

I just did Firm it up for the first time. It's not as much lower body as I'm used to. I may add some weights next time. - or finish off with some sprints from coach Sean.
I'll wait to see what a full week looks like. I haven't done them as prescribed. It may be enough with all the work combined.

He's in a couple of them and I'm thinking it's Firm It Up and Mix It Up??? But I could be wrong about that ... they all sort of run together for me ... his form is so exaggerated and downright silly, that it's like watching a train wreck. I know I shouldn't ... but I can't stop staring at it!! :p

Carol
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.