Q about Jari Love

PhyllisG

Cathlete
I owned the original Jari Love Get Ripped and traded it after doing it a few times. Now I am interested in maybe getting all 5 and doing one of her rotations. Has anyone done these and did you get results? I know you have to purchase the rotations on her site. Does she use all 5 of the workouts in each rotation? Thanks for any imput. Just thought I would try something different while waiting for STS.

I'm not a Jari Love fan - had her Ripped Series and just couldn't get motivated to do them. I felt she was very boring in her delivery, although the workouts were okay. Since I found Cathe - there is nobody else for me!

Mary

Just the opposite - I find Jari very soothing, don't have the dread factor that I've grown to have for Cathe's stuff (still loyal, but going more the pre-mix route and not as often)...I had the most dramatic results in 30 years doing Ripped 1000/Slim and Lean and Chisled....next to the Firm of course, when weights for women was still new....Cathe's stuff, I was never consistent enough,...Jari is low key and warm, and affordable!!!

I just finished a rotation with the Ripped series.
I'm a big fan of that series. I rotated them for 6 weeks with zero dread.
I didn't purchase her rotation guide, but I found the rotation for intermediate and adavanced.

I rotated all 5 in the series for a few weeks and then moved on the advanced rotation that only included R&C, R1000.

Here is a good classification of each workout to guide you on how to rotate them.

- Original Ripped - strength (slower)
- Slim & Lean - high rep / medium weights for definition
- Ripped to the Core - compound moves
- Ripped 1000 - Circuit
- Ripped & Chiseled - Super Sets (2-3 exercises per body part before going to another body part)

Here are the two rotations I found on the net..... Beginning with the advanced rotation I completed. I'm going to revisit this rotation again next summer. It is a calorie burner!

Week 1:
Day 1: GR1000
Day 2: 60 min. cardio
Day 3: GR&C
Day 4: 60 min. cardio
Day 5: GR&C
Day 6: 60 min. cardio
Day 7: Rest or active rest

Week 2:
Day 2: GR&C
Day 3: 60 min. cardio
Day 4: GR1000
Day 6: 70 min. cardio

Week 3:
Day 2: GR&C
Day 3: 70 min. cardio
Day 4: GR1000
Day 6: 90 min. cardio

Week 4:
Day 2: 30 min. cardio
Day 3: Rest or active rest
Day 4: 30 min. cardio
Day 6: 30 min. cardio

Intermediate rotation:
For weeks 1,2, & 4:
Do RTTC on Mondays
Do S&L on Wednesdays and Fridays
Do cardio 3 times a week on non-Ripped days totaling 30 to 50 minutes

For week 3 (a higher intensity week):
Do RTTC on Monday and Thursday
Do S&L on Tuesday and Friday
Do cardio one day totaling 30 min. and one day totaling 60 min.
Take one rest day each week

Last edited:
I love the "dread" factor of Cathe's workouts!!! Am I sick or something?

Am I misunderstanding what dread factor is?
What I mean by dread is that I hate the structure of the workout, and do not care to hear the instructors voice.. Not the intensity of the workout.

Many have complained Jari's workouts are not intense. I say they are not picking up the right weight. I loved the series. If you are a fan of body pump style classes, you will like the Ripped series.

Last edited:
I only tried one of her videos one time, and although I definitely felt it the next day, I just don't think I could do her vids on a regular basis if only because of her personality. She's much too 'barbie doll' for me and she kept asking something like 'are you smiling?' throughout the workout, which actually started to tick me off. :eek:

Anyway,many of her DVDs are on Netflix if you want to "try before you buy."

Cynthia Thank you so much for all the information. I love Cathe but after so many years and with the committment to STS coming up I thought I would just change it up for a while. I always think change is good to keep it fresh. It is so easy to get burnt out. Right now I have been feeling that way about step and have been adding Leslie (who I never liked previously) and more yoga. I still use Cathe's DVDs for strength and just thought a change could be good. I like to look forward to my workout and not dread it.

I'm glad I could help.
I need variety too. Don't get me wrong, I love Cathe. I just love all my other instructors too.:)
I just discovered Debbie Siebers in Slim Series. She is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Am I misunderstanding what dread factor is?
What I mean by dread is that I hate the structure of the workout, and do not care to hear the instructors voice.. Not the intensity of the workout.

Many have complained Jari's workouts are not intense. I say they are not picking up the right weight. I loved the series. If you are a fan of body pump style classes, you will like the Ripped series.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding it? I always thought of it as the voice in my head that says "Oh, gosh, this is gonna be tough. I don't want to do it, I DO want to do it, I don't want to do it, I DO want to do it... I'm gonna hate this" - then I do the workout and I'm PUMPED during and after (physically and mentally)....

Maybe I'm misunderstanding it? I always thought of it as the voice in my head that says "Oh, gosh, this is gonna be tough. I don't want to do it, I DO want to do it, I don't want to do it, I DO want to do it... I'm gonna hate this" - then I do the workout and I'm PUMPED during and after (physically and mentally)....

Oh no! That's a good voice! That means your working and it's challenging.
I have that feeling with pull-ups and push-ups. They are the most challenging for me, yet I feel so good when I finish them. I have a slight dread factor for any upper body work because it's my weakest area. I LOVE lots of lower body work.

The only time I get a dread feeling(the bad dread) is when I've been doing the same workout for too long.
Back in the day when I couldn't afford to buy a library of workout videos, I had that dread feeling for Cher's step workout. It was led by Kelly Roberts (who I liked), but Cher's attempt to be funny became terribly old after a month. I would find myself telling her to shut up!

Oh, I just thought of another workout that has a bad dread factor for me. Billy Banks Tae Bo. I like Billy, but his daughter and the counting gets under my skin!

I need to trade those or something.

I enjoy Jari's workouts (except the 1st one Get Ripped). She's a nice change of pace from heavy weights. You can get a nice workout if you go heavy enough - but don't go too heavy there's ALOT of reps. Ripped 1000 is my favorite - it has cardio intervals in between the exercises - a good calorie burner. Ripped to the Core incorporates compound moves. I haven't tried her new one yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I like Jari's workouts as well. My least favorite of the bunch is the original Ripped, only because the background exercisers talk ... and they really need to just shut up already. :) My favorite of hers is Ripped & Chiseled. I don't do her workout often enough, but I should to mix things up a bit. It's just that I'm so into Cathe's strength training right now.

Carol
:)

:) My favorite of hers is Ripped & Chiseled. I don't do her workout often enough, but I should to mix things up a bit. It's just that I'm so into Cathe's strength training right now.

Carol
:)

Oh yes! This one is worth the price of admission just for the bicep trek! OMG, serious doms. I did this one yesterday and my chest and biceps are very sore this morning.
Ripped1000 is a great follow up to R&C the next day because of the cardio and it has lower body focus.
I'm a big fan of lower body squat and lunge pulses. This one has both.

Well now I am really wanting these. The only one I had was the original and that seems to be the least favorite. Right now I am thinking of buying GR&C, GR1000 & RTTC. How about Slim & Lean? I don't have a Ross near me--heard they had the best prices--any other suggestions for getting these? Right now I have been searching on amazon.

I have all of Jari's workouts, and a few months ago, I tried to do a strictly Jari rotation. I got as far as 2 weeks, lol. With Cathe, I can stick with 4-6 weeks. I don't have a problem with Jari as an instructor, my problem is that I can't stand repetion. Jari's reps are endless, due to lower weight, high rep. That would probably be the case for me regardless of which instructor I went with. I'm not a big fan of Cathe's Muscle Endurance for the same reason. I need to work on getting past this though, because change is GOOD.

Those purchasing Jari Love workouts need to check out Ross on a regular basis. That's where I purchased all my Jari workouts except R&C. My Ross has Jari workouts on a weekly basis for WAY cheap!

I plan on doing that advanced rotation one of these days.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.