Pyramid Up vs. Pyramid Down

bamajja

I was short on time and did the Pyramid Up only tonight. But it made me wonder when this would be a good workout and when would it be good to do the Pyramid down workout. For what type of goal would these workouts be useful?

I do the Pyramid up option much more often than the original workout. I use it b/c I can lift heavier that way and also I pair it with a 30 minute cardio workout.

I do the Pyramid up option much more often than the original workout. I use it b/c I can lift heavier that way and also I pair it with a 30 minute cardio workout.

That's a great idea!! I am doing the pyramid wo's with this months rotation, I'm a week behind :rolleyes:. Maybe I will try that next week instead of the entire cycle.
That will be great when it comes to those killer bicep curls!!! :D

Never thought to do it this way...I'll have to give it a try, thanks:)

I usually do Pyramid Up - seems like I'm always short on time, plus this lets me lift heavier (which I like better).

One of the men's muscle mags has a whole section on pyramid style workouts in this month's edition. I read it a couple of weeks ago - so I can't remember which one. There are, apparently, many ways to do pyramids. Cathe's video is the most basic method - but they say just doing the UP is great just for that - the heavy, heavy weights. The full cycle is great and give the extra pump - but if just going UP - you will get great benefits. They also say that pyramids are one of the very BEST ways to build muscle.

Cool! I love that DVD - the exercises are basic and you can be has hard as you want to be! LOVE IT! But I just love Cathe workouts in general! :D

BTW - I get more info from the men's mags than the womens. I highly recommend reading through them regularly, especially since most of us are pretty hard core!!

Lisa,

I definitely agree about the men's magazines having better info. than the women's. I get really tired of the fashion and makeup sections. If I wanted to read about that stuff, I'd buy Cosmo! I also get irritated at the exercise programs they offer, and at the fact the models demonstrating them are using 3lb. pink Barbie bells. :)

Lisa, your answer was exactly what I was wondering. Thanks for the feedback. I will probably try reading the men's magazines from now on!
Did it happen to mention when it would be beneficial to do a pyramid down workout?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.