Push ups on the ball....HELP!!!

lesliew

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!

I just finished Drill Max and I'm lucky I have the strength to type this! You have humbled me! I have all of your workouts and until today I have been able to complete all of them with energy to spare. Doing DM today I must have gulped 3 glasses of water and paused the DVD eight times. Now I know what you mean by sweat crystals forming on the skin! Having said that, I plan to conquer this one, but I need some advice on those dreadful ball pushups. How did you and crew keep your form while doing them? I'm just thankful no one was around to see me fall flat on my face. These are much harder than pikes on the ball. Any advice or form pointers would be appreciated!

Not Cathe here but I had read in the open forum that somebody would put the ball up against their step or a chair, couch, etc... to stablize it so I tried that & it worked wonders. I don't know if I'll ever be able to do them without using something to keep it from moving, I finally can do tricep dips off the ball though, YIPPEE!

Hope that helps!

Start with just doing a plank on the ball - don't worry about lowering your arms at all - just focus on core strength and trying to stay 'stable' (try not to wabble). Intermix practicing this move with doing push ups on the ball on your knees. I practiced these two moves almost every day for a few weeks and now I can do (though my arms do shake) the push ups on the ball right along with Cathe and crew!!

You can do it!!!

Thank you for posting this question and to the others for the helpful replies. I just did this for the first time yesterday and definitely need help with those ball pushups!

I hear yea!! the first time i tried to do them i couldnt keep balanced. when i did them again i put the ball against my wall and that worked a little better. Its definatly a challenge!

Melissa

I also put the ball against the wall - still was VERY challenging, but at least "doable."

It's so great to have something to work up to!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.