push up handlebars - anyone used them?

jag2

I have been having pain in my hands -- mainly the back of my left hand. I was wondering if push up bars might help alleviate that. Thoughts, anyone?

Thanks!

I either use the Perfect Pushup handles or two 5# dumbbells as handles. Works well and you get a larger range of motion. Plus it is easier on the wrists.

I have pushup handles (bought them at Walmart for about $8, I think.) and I like them. They are padded, and using them is much easier on my wrists. I like them better than using dumbbells. They do make the pushups harder, however, because of the greater range of motion. I've also been using them for other exercises too, like dips and levitation holds, which also hurt my wrists.

Here is what I use. I love them! I've had them for years and they really are nice on the wrists as well as the palms of the hands since the grips are padded.

Gripitz

Attachments

• blocks_model.jpg
    blocks_model.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 9
I have on again, off again problems with my right wrist and have been using the Perfect Pushup handles. Like other posters have said, they do make a pushup harder (but that's good right ;)) and have really helped with my wrist pain. I used to use dumbbells, but those seemed to move around and sometimes roll, whereas the handles are very sturdy and secure!!

HTH :)

I have Pushup handle bars and love them... I have wrist issues too and they've totally saved me.
Also, another bonus with them is that bec. the range of motion is deeper you can really get a better burn too!
:)

They are definitely worth the investment esp. if you have problems with your wrists!

Take care, Lynn M.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.