Push Up check in June 6

karenvictoria

Cathlete
Good Morning Push Up Ladies. Today I got to 48 on the toes, up from 45. I am almost half way to my goal of 100 by Sept. I hope to do two sets of 25 pushup's this evening to add on what I did today to increase my running staight total. Have a great day.
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

You think 28 is pathetic? HA! I am still at one. I think I shall be able to hit two in a couple of days when this bronchitis is pretty much gone.
28 is pathetic? NO WAY

I'm thrilled out of my mind that I was able to do a push up again today. Here's what I did:

I started with one push up. My form was good and I had a 90 degree angle at the elbows. My feet were about hip width apart and my arms were slightly wider than shoulder width.

I attempted a second push up but had to drop to my knees to get back up, followed by one more perfect push up.

I guess I would say I did 2 1/2 push ups:)

Outstanding! When you pick your day to do 100, play some good music - that's one of my secrets.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

THAT, my little chickadees, is how you make it fun!

There was an article in Sunday's Parade Magazine about Marine Corps drill sargeants, and one of the very last messages in the article was find a way to make exercise fun. Imagine, a drill sargeant suggesting having fun when you exercise!

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

I actually like doing clap pushups. Can not do that many, but it's fun and I am amazed that I can even do one. I do one armed pushups- on my knees though about 20 total. I do like changing it up with pushup variations. I think it's so much fun when you challenge yourself and accomplish things you never thought you could do!!!

But only compare to yourself ladies. Beat your best numbers. Do not look at what others can do and say "Oh, why can't I do that many?" It only serves to frustrate. Do what you can and add one more!!

Catherine

I just attempted another round and I managed to pull out 3 in a row. In all fairness, I think the 3rd one was more like 3/4ths of a push up but I can't be absolutely sure about that. I'm so focused on the line from my head to my feet and making sure my core is tight that I sometimes don't notice the arm angle. :)

You guys, as much as I hate to admit it, my goal number of 72 by the end of August is feeling a bit daunting. What do you suggest I do? Should I ignore my stupid head voice and still try for it, or should I reset my goal to a more realistic one? I'm at 14 right now and increasing one every other day, doing a set in the morning and a set at night.

Okay, I guess I answered my own question. Ignore the stupid self-defeating head voice, right?

I only made 8 reg pushups and 14 knee pushups today. But I tried, I'll try again tomorrow and the next day and the next day and I WILL DO IT.

August, I think the goal was to reach your age in push ups by your birthday or by New Years, depending on when your birthday falls. However, I have a great deal of faith in your ability and I KNOW you can do it!!
:)

Thanks Michele.

If the goal is to reach my age by my birthday, that would be 36 by the end of August.

But I'll shoot for the 72 and see where it goes!

The original challenge was your age in push-ups by your birthday, with the option of double your age if you're younger.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.