PUSH/PULL

l_fam

Cathlete
I really want to by the push/pull video, but am unable to spend the money on this video right now.

Can someone please post the exercises done on the video?

Thanks very much!

Hi!
Here are the exercises for PP: (in the order they are done on the workout)
*Barbell squats
*Deadlifts
*Static lunges with heel elevated on small (3lb) dumbell
*Leg press on tall step
*Bench press on stability ball using dumbells
*Dead-rows
*Flys on ball
*"Y's" on the ball: you lie on the ball face down (ball is situated around your core region) and you hold your arms out in a "Y" position with your hands in a "thumbs up" position. As you do this, you raise and lower your arms, while keeping your back contracted. This is for the major muscle groups in the back. No weights are used, just your body's resistance.
*Shoulder press (two different ways to do this: traditional presses with weights, or, Cathe does this sort of "hand stand" while her legs are supported on her step. She raises and lowers herself in this position)
*One arm row
*Front shoulder raises
*Rear delt raises
*Bicep curls, standing, with one leg balanced behind you on the ball, using dumbells
*Slow dips
*Tricep kickbacks
*Outer thigh lifts on ball
*Inner thigh squeezes using the ball as resistance (try to "pop" the ball by squeezing it with your thighs!)
*Superman on ball (ball is under top of thighs, you are in a diagonal position, and you raise your legs to engage your lower back)
*Crunches with the ball
*Calf raises using the top of the step as the thing to raise up to your toes (use a balance tool--a broomstick will do)
*Anterior shin work (Cathe puts the ball on top of her feet while sitting on the step, you hold the ball with your arms out in front of you to keep the ball there, and you flex your ankles up toward your body while keeping steady resistance on the ball.)
*Stretch

If you can get to see the clips on the website, you'll understand what I was trying to explain about some of the exercises you might not be familiar with.

Good luck, I hope you can get the actual workout soon!

Lisa:7

May I suggest, getting the Push/Pull DVD as opposed to the video. There are so many great primixex on this DVD that really up the challenge of this workout. I love Push/Pull as is, but I consider it a lighter Cather workout. But some of the premixes are definately in the regular to harder Cathe workout category.

Here's the link to all the Supersets and Push/Pull premixes.

http://www.cathe.com/tab_DVD7.htm

HTH
Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.