Push Pull Tower

jewels918

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I know that the Push/Pull Tower is not a squat rack, but can it be used as one? I see that the barbell catches can be moved up or down. I'm trying to avoid having to buy two separate pieces.

Thanks for any info you can give!

Linda

Hi, I have a workout station at home and it has a squat assist in the back. It is configured the same way that the Push-Pull tower is. I have pegs where I can adjust the height for me, where the barbell would sit... the manual says that it is great for when a spotter is not available and you want to do squats by yourself. It says to exercise caution and not to move too far away from the equipment; they also recommend doing a few trial squats to get the feel of the equipment just in case you may need to put the barbel on the supports in a hurry. The only difference I can see with my equipment and the Push-pull tower, is that mine is much heavier and doesn't move at all. I don't have the P-P tower so I am not sure how the stability of tower is. I hope this helps....

~ Dee

IDK about a squat rack (though I am going to try it some day!) but I discovered a new use for the tower over the weekend. Move the cross bar down and it's great for doing tricep dips off of! :)

I have a similar set up to what Dee mentioned, and I too use it as a squat "rack". I mean, you're not completely enclosed as you would be inside of the rack, so you might not want to get crazy heavy, but I lift pretty heavy with it. It allows me to lift so much heavier than if I had to deadlift the barbell off of the floor, and then a "clean and press" movement to haul it over my shoulders/head. Much less stress on the shoulders.

I would imagine you could at least do that with the push/pull tower.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.