Push It

Interval Max is great; I've only done it once before so it was a refreshing change.
It's not as long as IMax2 (don't know about IMax3 since I don't do that one) and the step combos seem shorter but it uses 2 risers and I enjoyed the workout.
After I cooled down and stretched I held an isometric contraction on the pectoralis by holding a wide pushup in the down phase until I could no longer hold it. I think that will help increase the pushup count.

I start my 4DS workouts tomorrow. I hope I get enough cardio during the week doing it - somehow 30 minutes just doesn't seem to be enough if it's not a real butt kicker. Any comments about that?

Natty, how fun that we did BodyMax2 on the same day! Yes, that workout is indeed a beast. As for the extra chest tissue I'm sure you still look great! I wouldn't mind having some extra there that's for sure:)
Ya know, I was thinking about your moving to a new city; it is hard getting to know people. It sounds like you're adjusting really well.

Susan, I hope your puppy is still doing well - and your shoulder, too.

Stacie, did your car get a tune up or was something wrong with it? Today my A/C wouldn't go on - luckily it turned out that the fan dial wasn't turned all the way on but when I adjusted it the AC went on. Whew! That is never a cheap thing to get fixed!
I hope you and Heartymax are still banging out the pushps.

Toni, I hope you are feeling more energized regarding the active recovery.

I hope you DOMS lovers are getting your fill! I like it but then I want it to just go away after a couple days... and I don't like to get it as bad as you gals seem to like it!

I ate a LOT (okay, and I admit that I also drank quite a few) on Saturday; enjoyed chips/salsa and a Mexican dinner and margaritas. The weekend before I sampled several desserts - I think I need to get back on track as far as food goes. I enjoyed it while it lasted:)

Take care everyone and good night!

Ditto what Natty said :)

Good morning ladies :)

I'll make this short so everyone can catch up on the weekend posts.

Yesterday's w/o was 4DS higher intensity step + Intensity hiit portion (high impact only).

Today's w/o is D4 (chest, bi's, shoulder's). I can't believe I completed week 1 of STS already!

Jennifer
I LOVE the original Imax. It's my fav of the 3 actually.
With regards to 4DS, I would have to say if you feel you need extra cardio, then add a 5th day w/strictly cardio of your choice. I would also say perhaps add in a 6th day to work legs a 2nd time during the week if you can (I think Susan did this). The weighted leg work is pretty decent for 30min, but B&G, LBB, Gym Style Legs, TB, is definitely harder IMO. Susan would probably the best person for feedback. Back to the cardio, I loved all 4 of them. The step routines are tricky, and I mean TRICKY! I had an easier time with Step Moves if that means anything. Regardless, I love em'! So fun!
It looks like you had a great time with good food and drinks on Saturday ;). Isn't that how life should be though? You can't restrict yourself all the time. I LOVE Mexican food, oh my yes :p.
Toni
Afterburn is the only workout that makes my glutes burn for 3 days afterwards! Hmmm perhaps that's where Cathe came up with the name...
Your week looks very good. You have all goodies in there :eek:.

Ok, have a great day everyone :)

Good morning everyone. Last night was supposed to be Pyramid Upper Body. I had some problems creating the weight workouts in the workout manager. I kept at it longer than I should have and got the weight workouts created but then didn't have time to do the actual workout! I will reschedule it for tonight. I picked up the Weider X-Factor ST set this weekend as well. I previewed the abs disc and it looks pretty good. I actually heard from Cheryl (FabAbs -- she was in our check in for awhile) in the Weider X-Factor thread I revived. She said she had fallen off of the exercise band wagon but was getting back on it by starting Les Mills. It was nice to hear from her again.

Over the weekend my dad accidentally dropped the bomb that my nephew joined the Navy and leaves in September which was not good news IMO. I admit, I caused some drama about it by crying when I heard the news. I just think it's a dangerous time to be in the military. It doesn't help that my last boyfriend had been in the Marines and had a lot of injuries. He actually went back in 9 months ago. He had left the Marines to spend time with his mom before she died of cancer. When she died he signed back up 2 days later. He was and is a big part of my sleeping problems -- I worry about him. He had shrapnel in his knees and his entire back was burned up from a bomb explosion. The thought of something like that happening to anyone let alone my nephew makes me feel sick inside.

By the way, thank you everyone for the kind words about my uncle. I think it's going to be a rough week with the wake on Wednesday and the funeral on Thursday. On the upside, some of my favorite workouts are in this week's rotation so maybe that will help out a bit.

Toni
Your rotation looks great! Tonight will be my first time doing PUB. I am doing the weight sets with the following percentages of my 1RM: 50%, 55%, 60%, 55%, 50%. Does that sound right to you? I picked those numbers because I thought each set was 12 reps but when I listened to the intro it she said the rep count decreases too.

Natty
Great job on STS! Are you loving it? Meso #1 was frustrating in terms of keeping up with the weight changes -- especially if you have the adjustable weights like we do. I am lucky that I have the other set which is much faster. I still think about the Nautilus Universal set because it was sooooo fast to change the weights and wasn't really bulky. Last year it was really cheap around the after Thanksgiving sales. I am keeping my eyes open for specials. I felt bad that you weren't able to get the 1.25lb plate weights. I can always order them and forward them to your address if you would like.

Jennifer
Thanks for the info on the furminator. I might try it out. Right now I was trying to shampoo every room since my son's allergies have been really heavy. The air feels "thick" in the apartment even too me. I would love to air the place out but that would involve us actually be around during the day.

My brother-in-law replaced my oil pan gasket since it was leaking. He says the check engine light is due to bad fuel injectors which was not good news. The parts are $135 a piece and I would need four of them since my car is a four cylinder. I still need to take the car to AutoZone and have them read the check engine light code and see what the computer says it wrong. The oxygen sensor might be the cause and it's way cheaper for the part. It's the labor that kills you with that one but I think my brother-in-law will do it for me for free. It's times like this when I think back and kick myself for choosing band over autoshop!

Have a great day everyone.

Afternoon everyone!! I was reading my FaceBook feed today. I have two friends that are on direct opposites of the political spectrum. They are having a bit of a political debate. Each posting link after link to combat the others point. In some ways it was educational, in some ways amusing, but mostly it was just exaughting!! :eek: So I've decided to come here an read where things are much less dramatic!!! :)

Today was PUB. Holy crap was my upper body was on fire!! I felt like I worked really hard, but for all that work I only burned 400 calories. That's just not right...LOL!! I was almost too tired to hold the ball for the abs portion of the workout!! On the upside, I really liked this one. I was happy with my weight selection and I feel like I can repeat the workout with what I originally selected. I used the following:

Chest 10,12,15
Tri 3,5,8(12,15,20)
Back 12,15,20
Shoulders 3,5,8
Bicep 10,12,15

I was really happy with those numbers. I have to take more rest to achieve that amount of weight, but I liked the way it felt.

Jennifer
4DS is on my wish list. It's actually the deal of the day today, but I'm backing away!! I need to space my purchases out a bit more, so I'm holding off.

I am also not in the DOM lovers camp. I like when I get to a point where I don't get excessivly sore after workouts anymore. I don't mind some, but I don't like when I can't walk the next day.

Stacie
I've never done a 1MR test, so I'm not sure what to say about the numbers. I just picked something I thought would 'feel' right. In general, I went one higher than I normally do for a high rep workout for the top of my pryamid. Without anything else to go on, it seemed like a good start for me.

Happy Monday everyone!!

Good afternoon!
Day one of 4DS Higher Intensity Step and then Chest/Back. I didn't catch on to quite a few of the step combos but it is workable - just keep jumping and pumping (Natty probably figured I have a hard time with it:)) Anyhow, I will practice it tonight since I will have time to stop and rewind a hundred times. I really enjoyed the 5 sets of weights for Chest/Back - I can see how that will be great for increasing my strength.

Natty, Congrats on completing week one!
Thanks for the suggestion of doing LBB or L&G for the legs - sounds perfect! I was thinking of throwing in some big cardio into the 4DS rotation rather than waiting until after the 4 days of 4DS.
However, I noticed that you added on a HiiT from Intensity after the 4DS High Intensity Step - that sounds like a perfect combination... I could add on some sort of premix to the 4DS cardio portion before doing the weight lifting section -- I think that was exactly I was looking for... or I can just do whatever cardio I want and then do the weights from 4DS. I guess the possibilities are endless as long as I have the time. If not then I will just have to alternate 4DS with some bigger cardio workouts.
I'm anxious to do the 4DS consecutively, at least this week, so I will just have to add on some premixes.

Stacie, that is funny - autoshop instead of band; ain't that the truth! Lucky for you your BIL did! It is nice that he will help you :)
Oh wow, that is a big 'ol bomb especially dropping it so close to the recent news of your great uncle. And your boyfriend, too. I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry to hear that you're dealing with all this "stuff" - it's no wonder you don't sleep at night.

Toni, good job with your weights and working so hard in PUB - that one is on my wish list! I fear I will cave really soon... the sticking point is that shipping is nuts - almost $10 unless the order is over $99... guess I'll wait until I have $99 to spend on even MORE Cathe stuff:)
Politics; seems everyone fudges the truth to make their own truth - both sides of the political fence. I'm with you - not listening anymore (at least for a while) is the best way to go.

I best get;everyone - have a great day!

Good morning everyone :)

Yesterday's w/o was D4 (chest, shoulders & bi's). OH WOW! That's all I can say. I'm speechless. This disc introduced drop sets with push-ups. I did the first round of 14 on my toes. The 2nd round came fast, only 10 sec rest, I did half of the 12 on my toes (6), the other half I dropped to my knee's. The next 10, 8, 6, were all done on my knee's. For those of you wondering if that was it, ha ha not even close! There are push-ups off the step, stability ball push-ups, boot camp-style push-ups, push-up 21's.......oh lordy. If my count does not increase after M1, I'm truly not built to do them.
I'm only on my 2nd week, but I'm absolutely LOVING this program. It feels as though I have Cathe right there, watching me, encouraging me, training me. I can see why people go back to this program time and time again.
Stacie
Your nephew sounds like a brave, wonderful young man. Anyone who chooses to defend his country deserves utmost respect. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. I probably would feel the same if it was someone close to me. I'm SO sorry to hear about what happened to your boyfriend too. War sucks, plain and simple. If women ruled the world, I'm convinced there would be no war.
I hope you enjoy Weider X-Factor. It looks really cool.
Thank you so much for thinking of me and the weight plates! How sweet :). That's ok, the shipping is gonna cost you plenty, and I would definitely have to reimburse you. I'm not even kidding, to ship from the US to Canada is CRAZY! And plus they sometimes charge stupid duty fee's!!! :mad:.
Toni
FB and drama makes me laugh. Can't we all just get along? lol
Great #'s! You are very strong in the bicep area. That's my weakest along w/tri's.
Jennifer
Isn't the Higher Intensity Step complicated? I've done it probably 6 times already and the last 2 combo's still give me a hard time. Don't give up though, you can do it! It's super fun once you get the hang of it.
Yes, the cardio options are endless with 4DS. I like to add on the short hiit's from Intensity. You know how much I love those :).

Have a great day everyone :)

Hi to my long lost Cathletes! Last week was a very rough week for me, to quickly sum it up:

I had to go into the office an extra day, resulting in me not working out Tues, Wed or Thursday (that’s a crazy amount of time off)

Traffic was especially horrible on Wed and Thurs, resulting in me being in the car round trip 3 hours on each of those days

I got into an accident on Tuesday (not my fault, but my shoulder was re-irritated by the seat belt)

My puppy is super hungry on the steroids and has been waking up no less than 4 times per night, I am exhausted.

So now onto workouts. My shoulder was better on Friday, so I did Drill Max. I wanted something tough. Then on Saturday I did Intensity, a killer for me. Well the shoulder started aching a bit. Sunday I opted for Butts and Guts. I am not starting STS this week because of the shoulder. This week I am going upper body weight free (today I did Imax 3 with Turbo Barre abs). Next week back to circuits to see how I do. The week after I might do total body weights and/or add in some more focused UB (maybe do Body Max 1 or 2 UB). If all goes well, finally onto STS. It is going to be rough for me as I know I have lost significant strength due to all my time off, so my 1RMs are going to be off. I have seen strength decreases as a result of the Feb 2012 LB focus rotation, followed by Jan 2011 fat blaster rotation and now of course the “I hurt my shoulder rotation”

Enough about me, onto you guys.

Stacie – I am so sorry about the loss of your uncle and the news about your nephew. I am sorry his decision, along with your ex-boyfriends’ is causing you so much stress. You are in my thoughts and I hope that you along with everyone else, find peace in these deicisons.

Natty – Sorry to hear about your mother’s cousin. Cancer is so scary. Sometimes it hits for obvious reasons (my cousin has lung cancer due to smoking) and sometimes for no reason. My friends MIL has pancreatic cancer, diagnosed in September. So far she is beating the odds, but where did it come from? She was so full of life, healthy, fit and then BAM! So very sad.

Congrats on STS! I am jealous for sure. Pushups on the ball? She does that in Drill Max and I am thinking “C’mon lady … are you kidding me???” The pushups in STS is why I am being ultra careful in not starting too soon. I need to be all better, and make sure my form is good before doing those mega pushups. Just keep plugging away. At the end of Meso 1, you should do a count to see how you progressed.

Jennifer – I loved my 3 weeks with 4DS. I felt a little short on cardio too, but it is only 4 days. I don’t know how many days you work out, but hopefully it will be easy for you to add another day of cardio, or add extra cardio on one of the days when you have more time. And Natty is right, I added another leg workout. Because of my back I can’t go too heavy so I like to make sure to really work the LB.

Toni – Don’t worry too much about calories burned in a weight workout. Weights increase your metabolism well after the workout is over so you are still burning well above normal for many hours after!

I see I missed a lot of discussion about DOMS, I love ‘em too, especially in my LB. Unfortunately it doesn’t happen often because I can’t go heavy enough. I was a bit achy on Monday from B&G, but not as much as I Iike. I actually love when it hurts to sit down… Ha Ha. Natty – maybe I need to pull out Afterburn. That did hurt my LB when I did that workout the first couple of times, but then it faded. I haven’t done it in ages now.. .maybe it’s time, but probably has too many pushups for me now. Dang shoulder.

Bye for now.

Good morning. Last night PUB....my arms were shaking towards the end. I think the thing that surprised me the most was how fast that workout goes. It's difficult to grab a weight and then get into position fast enough. I think I missed a rep or two of a lot of sets. I was able to match Cathe on weights for many of the exercises and even went a little higher for the triceps.

So I spent some time thinking about my nephew and realized there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. He is 19 and legally an adult. I wish his motives for joining the Navy were better. He believes that they will pay for his college and allow him to take classes whenever he wants. He is in college right now and only short about $1000 each semester but has loans that cover that amount and more. He did have a job that he quit about a month ago because he said it was too hard to keep up with his studies and spend time with his friends. Maybe this will be the dose of reality he needs even though I will worry about him constantly.

Susan
What a bummer about the car accident -- especially when you were finally healing from your shoulder. I assume overall you are ok though?

I am glad to hear your puppy is doing better even though he is keeping you up at night. Do they plan on having him on the steroids for long?

Natty
Great job on STS and the pushups. Meso #1 is the only one that has the killer pushups like that. I think there was only one workout in Meso #2 that had pushups. It's weird because you actually start to miss them.

I meant to tell you sorry about your family member with cancer. Cancer is a horrible disease. My aunt actually fought cancer and is still with us today. I know she was extremely lucky.

Toni
FB is a funny thing isn't it? Lots of drama can happen on their over silly things. I think people say and do things on the intenet that they wouldn't in real life all the time.

Gotta head out to a meeting. Have a good day everyone!

Last edited:
Susan---I hope you are okay. Those tightened seatbelts can be painful.

Stacie---I love PUB. It was my first Cathe and it will always have a special place in my heart. I agree, it does move fast. I use it as a Pyramid Down most of the time and add on to a cardio day. I am burning even that way.....:D

Nattty---don't worry----the push ups will come to an end. Meso 1 will fly by because you are having so much fun. You will be so much stronger and who knows---you may be begging Cathe for a few push ups after this.... and mad because you won't have any in Meso 2. I found myself subbing push ups for some of the chest flys in Meso 2 after I got stronger because I do hate chest flys.

Toni---how many more weeks until your cruise?

Jennifer---did you say Imax 2 with 2 risers???? Girl---I am scared of you;) NO WAY will I ever attempt that.

Today was Afterburn. I truly love that workout. My hams will sing tomorrow. I love it when Cathe says "I am am so good a stalling til I should make it an exercise".

Good morning :)

Yesterday's w/o was AT cardio step only (30min) + plyo exercises only from Plyo Legs disc 26 (15min). I LOVE PLYO LEGS!

Today workout will be D6 (legs).

Susan
Welcome back :).
I'm so sorry to hear about your rough week. I truly feel bad for you. When it rains it pours. Don't worry, you're strong, you'll pull through. This is just a minor set back in your life. We all have to take the good with the bad and just keep on going. Your shoulder will heal in due time and STS will be there waiting for ya! Take care of yourself and everything will fall into place.
Heartymax
I'm not sure if I will be begging for push-ups :). I love chest work, chest flies and presses are my fav! I'll take em' over push-ups any day.
I wonder if Cathe's newest will have that Afterburn feel?
Stacie
Wow, able to match Cathe on UB! That's very impressive. Congrats!
That's a good attitude to have w/regards to your nephew. The things we have no control over should be left alone sometimes. I know this hurts you, but in the end it's his life.

Ok, have a great day ladies :)

Good morning everyone. Last night was Kickmax. I started the workout with the intent of doing the whole thing but when it came time to the blast part I went with the Low Impact premix instead. I have to be honest...I am sick of jumping jacks. I feel like a lot of the workouts I have been doing lately have a ton of jumping jacks. I love the chair work in Kickmax though. I was thinking of using the turbo tower instead of a chair the next time I do it.

The new 1.25lb plate weights come in today. I probably won't be able to get them until tomorrow since I will be at my uncle's wake this afternoon/evening. The next two days are going to be sad ones.

Have a good day everyone!

Hi everyone.

Today's wo was B&G. I am trying to get some DOMS, so yesterday at lunch I did Turbo Barre. No DOMS. In B&G today I increased my dumbbells to 8lbs for the walking lunges (2 dumbbells) and elevated lunges (1 dumbbell), from my previous 5lbs. I can't increase my barbell from 50 as I don't think I would be able to finish the 15 and 1 pulses. I left my ankle weights at 3lbs and I added on the leg press and glute raises. Let's see how it goes.

Stacie
- I am tired of jumping jacks too. That's one of the things I don't like about Intensity. I want to do step, not jacks on the floor. Again, sorry about your uncle. You will be in my thoughts, I know it will be a very emotional few days. Hang in there.

As for the puppy, she is just on it for 3 weeks in a decreasing dose (similar to a medrol dose pack for humans)

Heartymax- Not feeling your love for AB, I always dreaded that workout. I haven't done it in a while. Are there a lot of pushups?

Natty Great workout today! That AT cardio step is tough. For plyo legs, is there a premix for that? So are you following a rotation for STS, or are you just doing your own cardio.

Susan
I'm not strictly following a rotation. I'm adding in 3 cardio w/o's of choice trying to mix it up with hiit, steady state, kickbox and intervals. I'm also doing a lot of walking, which I do anyway during the spring/summer.
There is no pre-mix for plyo legs. I play all my stuff on the computer and it's easy to select certain "parts" of the workouts I want to do.
You must have thighs of steel girl! No DOMS! Wow, that's awesome! You're legs/glutes are probably so used to those workouts that the muscles are not responding like they used to (I'm guessing here :)). A lady from my other check-in was also experiencing that with STS. Why don't you try doing an STS legs workout? I heard D9 is pretty intense. Cathe has some new moves there so perhaps your muscles will be "shocked" and DOMS will kick in.
Stacie
My thoughts will be with you during your uncle's wake. Once again I offer my sincere condolences.
I have the kickmax conditioning drills on Hardcore and have used the tower instead of the chair. I love my tower, I find it SO effective.

Bye bye for now :)

Okay... so 4 Day Split. Monday after work I spent an hour learing the combos for Higher Intensity step - that gave me an extra hour of cardio, and now I know the routine - it was pretty fun:)
The next morning was Lower Intensity step and it actually was not TOO complicated so I made it through that with only a couple rewinds.

I definitely enjoyed the weights segments after both of the step workous.

Adding extra days of cardio is possible but 4 days in a row of 4DS just doesn't seem to cut it for me even though I like the workouts.

Based on me wanting harder cardio workouts and not having enough extra time in the morning before work to add on extra I decided to change my routine and work out AFTER work instead of in the morning before work; that will allow me plenty of time to add on extra cardio and then I will be able to get what I want out of this program. So now I have a plan... I think.

Today I did the Kickbox and Bootcamp - enjoyed them both and felt like I got a good, well-rounded workout. With all the pushups in Bootcamp I decided to skip Biceps and Triceps.

So maybe there goes my plan after all.
I guess I am just really having a hard time adjusting to the format; I am so used to doing Upper body and Lower body and then cardio all separated out, so what I see myself doing is using the 4DS for all cardio and then all weights. I want to find a way to make it work so when I come up with a plan that works for me you all will be the first to know:)

Natty, So glad you're enjoying your program! Wow - pushups galore!

Susan, Wow - work, traffic, accident, irritated shoulder, no workouts or sleep - sounds like a bad dream! I'm glad you are able to get back on track.

Stacie, I enjoy using the Turbo Tower for the Kick Max drills.
Awesome job on PUB! Matching Cathe is amazing, and going higher is almost a miracle! I bet you're SUPER excited! I am for you:)

Heartymax, oops - no, not 2 risers on IMax2 - only on the first one (Interval Max). Sorry about that! That would be a big 'ol YIKES!
HA - I know - Cathe really should make stalling an exercise:)
I have a dread factor for Afterburn but I do love it. I am so looking forward to the 2 new ones that will be out in the Summer:)

I feel like I wrote a book - sorry.
Have a great night, and thank you for trying to help me with 4DS:)

Hey everybody...

Yesterday was Cardio Supersets. This was my first time for this workout and I think it was placed perfectly in my rotation. The pace is a bit slower than other of Cathe's cardio, which made a big difference for me. I burned a ton of calories, but didn't feel like I was killing my legs. I also feel like I worked my core even though there weren't specific exercises for core.

Today was High Step Training. This is the second time I"ve done this one. Man oh man the leg work. I felt strong during the workout, but boy was I wiped out for a good part of the day afterwards. I had to drink and energy drink to get my steam back!! Luckily tomorrow is a steady state cardio day, which seems like rest to me.

Jennifer
Just wanted to mention that at times I buy my DVDs from Exercise, Workout and Fitness videos & DVDs. They have a flat rate shipping fee, which is pretty reasonable.

I'm with you on getting enough cardio. I always feel like I may not be getting enough. But I have to say, I'm starting to get used to my weight training only days that have no cardio involved. And I was just reading my Oxygen mag and someone in there said that they take a break from cardio for a month at a time :eek: I almost pasted out...who does that??? LOL

Natty
Holy push up on the STS workout. I can't even imagine. I'm still deciding on STS, but those push ups scare me. I really want to be able to do them better as well as pullups. I haven't seen the Tower in stock anywhere. I'm wondering what's going on with that. I will want one if I'm going to start.

Stacie
I'm with you on the pace of PUB. I had to rewind frequently

Susan
I agree with you about the metabolism and weight training. I just have to trust it. Doing this much weight training without adding extra cardio is new to me, so I'm still getting used to it :)

What's up with the wishing for DOMS...LOL!!! I do not ever wish for them. I appreciate them when I have them and I understand their value, but I'm not gonna wish for them...LOL!!

HeartyMax
5 short weeks until the cruise!!!

Hi everyone!

So sorry about not being available to talk on here lately. I was out of town for 12 days, road-tripping it with my parents to California to visit family friends and relatives, as well as attending my younger bro's graduation from law school in Phoenix, AZ. It was a nice trip, lots of memories made, but I'm also very glad to be back home.

This was a maiden trip to California for me. I don't know what I expected, but I was pleasantly surprised. I was able to see the ocean, the mountains, experience nice, warm weather (85 degrees) in the valley area, etc. I still can't get over the fact that houses in CA don't have basements - such an odd thing to wrap my brain around coming from the midwest where tornados are commonplace and basements are the norm. ;) Ha!

This was also my first trip to the Phoenix. Love! Such a pretty city with the rocky outcroppings and mountains scattered throughout. It was 95-100 degrees during our stay. That's usually too hot for me, but it was a nice treat from the cooler temps we've been having around here. My brother graduated from ASU's Sandra Day O'Connor college of law school and she ended up speaking at the graduation ceremony. The first time the school has managed to have her come - so that was pretty cool. She had a lot of witty things to say. We found a really yummy thai restaurant to eat at after the graduation and the next day I did some shopping at one of the outlet malls. A trip is not a trip without some shopping taking place, let me tell ya!

Anyway, I know I've missed out on a lot. I briefly skimmed what everyone's been talking about lately. I will have to read the posts again when I have more time and sleep isn't calling my name. :p:D

Thanks to everyone for thinking about me and wondering where I've been! I appreciate it!

KARA

Toni---sounds like you leave for vacation shortly before us. 6 weeks and 3 days til departure for us. Cathe helped me fall in love with strength training. I was training before, but she truly helped me learn to love it.

Kara---my family took summer vacation in California a few years ago and we loved it. We went to Los Angelos, San Diego and Anaheim. The kids loved it. The weather was absolutely beautiful.

Today was Slow and Heavy Chest and Back. I did 3 sets of push ups (10,10,15) in place of the last three sets of chest flys on the incline. My chest was already fried so I am surprised I was able to do those.

A coworker told me that she could believe that I weighed 140 lbs. I told her absolutely. She said she would have guessed I weighed 130lbs no more than 135. I laughed and told her the good upper body strength training gives me that wonderful lean effect. She has lost 20 pounds and wants to lose 25 more. We talk about healthy eating and exercise a lot. She appreciates me motiviating her and i love having someone to talk about exercising too. She doesn't do Cathe but I have let her borrow one before. She says it is hard. Most people don't want to invest in the equipment needed to do Cathe but I have been doing this for years and purchased my equipment over a period of time.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone :)

So the lover of DOMS (me of course :)) is hit real bad after D6 yesterday. My entire LB is aching. Butt, hamstrings, thighs, calves, even muscles I didn't know existed :eek:. I have not felt this achy in my legs/glutes since Gym Style Legs :eek:. STS, where have you been all my life? :). I'm really loving this program. It is giving me the much needed challenge I was craving.
Today will be a rest day with lots of walking outside w/Bella. It's beautiful here again. Plus, Ice Cap season has started and that means heading over to my local Tim Horton's.

Heartymax
Cathe has also given me a new found love and appreciation for weights. It's amazing how weight training can give your body composition a different look/feel. I am, for the first time in my life, leaning out my lower body while gaining UB definition. It's all because of Cathe. It's nice you have someone to talk to regarding healthy eating/exercising and motivating them along the way. Also, weight #'s don't tell the whole story. I try not to focus so much on the scale anymore.
Kara
SO glad to have you back! Your trip sounded amazing! I'm reading it and wishing I was there too. I'm glad you had a wonderful time and have returned home safe and sound.
Toni
Don't be scared of STS. Yes, lots of push-ups, but somehow Cathe makes it.....dare I say it.....enjoyable? Manageable?. Check Wal-Mart daily for the Tower. A lady from my other check-in, snatched one up as soon as she saw they were back in stock. Now they're out of stock again!! You gotta act fast.
Jennifer
There are so many possibilities with 4DS. You have to chose the one that suits you best. Congrats on nailing high intensity step! I agree, the lower intensity one is easier. I'm still having problems with the combo w/the hitch kick on the outside of the step!

Tried to make it short and sweet so everyone can catch up on reading. Have a wonderful day ladies :)

Last edited:
Well the FaceBook drama of the day is the Presidents announcement on gay marriage, so I decided to lighten things up by asking folks if a matching washer and dryer is a necessity...LOL! Ha...we'll see how that goes :p

I hope I don't sound like I don't want to discuss important topics...it's just that the conversations go way beyond discussions and to something totally different that I don't even have a word for!! Anywho....

Today was Christy Taylor Totally Hot Step. I have not done that routine in ages. The funny thing is that when I first got it, I thought I would never be able to do it with the energy of the folks on the screen. Now it's what I do for a 'rest' workout!! Love my improved fitness level!!

I'm at work and I'm going to keep this short. I took tomorrow off, so I will reply to everyone in tomorrow check-in. Ta-Ta...

Hello and Happy Saturday!
Today was High Step Challenge; only the second time I've done it and I really like it. I feel it was a good complement to the 4DS weight work from earlier in the week. Also, the step portion in it is brief which also complements yesterday's Low Impact Challenge.
All in all it was a good week for UP and lower body and cardio.

Toni, Congratulations on reaching a new level of fitness (Totally Hot Step being a light workout for you now)!
Thank you for the workout DVD link; I will need to check that out.
Sometimes a break from "serious" stuff is necessary; I completely understand what you mean. Also, just for kicks and grins let us know if a matching washer and dryer are necessary :)
Seriously - some people take a month of cardio? I just can't even imagine; that would totally de-regulate my bodily functions!

Kara! Welcome back! Natty took the words right out of my mouth, so to speak; I would have loved your vacation! Thank you for the recap - it sounded great.
Congratulations to your brother, and it's very cool that the lady personally spoke at the ceremony. By the way, Texas also don't have basements - something about the ground shifting. I remember moving there after Michigan and was like "what?! no basements anywhere?" But now I'm in the midwest also (St. Louis).
Anyway, I bet you are glad to be back home and back into a routine:)

Heartymax, it's great having a friend a work to talk fitness and overall healthiness with. How great that you can motivate her! It took me a while to collect my equipment, too... so worth it, though:)

Natty, Wow! Sounds like incredible DOMS! In "new" muscles even - I do know you're loving that:) Sure sounds like an amazing workout program. I may make the commitment one of these days... you enablers you!
Thanks for the kudos on Higher Intensity Step; it sure did take practice and time to learn it! It gave me hope for Imax3 so I guess that will be my next task.

Signing off for now; chat more tomorrow! Later, ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.