Push It January 2014

Just realized that I haven't checked in here in a while :oops:! I am in week 3 of the 2013 October rotation and getting my butt kicked! It is weird to not have heavy weights this week! Anyway, last night was Lean Legs & Abs + X10 Hi/Lo. Tonight is Flextrain...can't wait! I LOVE Flextrain!
Jennifer, your description of the Road Trip sounded so great! Well, all except those ONE ARMED BURPEES!!!????:eek: I think Cathe is really upping her game on this new series! I have to ask you Jen, how did you go about getting that AWESOME physique??? The photos of you are jaw dropping! Seriously! You appear to be very lean and sinewy...love it!

Hi Nancy! Cathe kickin' your butt?! I don't believe it :) Sounds like you're really upping YOUR game! Way to hit it!
Thank you for the compliment! I bet you look every bit as lean and strong. It's nothing short of dedication, consistency, nutrition, and rest; I think you are the same way! We just see ourselves differently because I've read the workouts you're doing and you've read the workouts I'm doing! I have stepped away from the low-fat dairy (I was afraid to do that quite honestly regarding cheese and milk) and I believe full-fat has made a difference because it gives the body the real-food nutrition it needs. Also I think PiYo has been a nice change of pace because when I don't really feel like really doing anything in particular and nothing is striking my fancy it's a nice option... although it still kicks my butt because I weight more than the weights I lift... I think it's worked my chest and triceps harder and had stretched me out more (all good things!). I need to get back to it, actually; I am thinking Flex Train and a PiYo over the next 2 days.

So excited for the new workouts to come out! I hope all is well with Heartymax, Stacie, Toni, and Tash. Is anyone dressing up for Halloween? We're not planning to but our minds could be changed :) Have a great day!

Hi Ladies. I am so sorry that I haven't checked in lately. The app on my Samsung Galaxy is no longer working. I have tried reloading it and everything and it just doesn't work. I rarely get on the desktop computer at home and I never log onto personal sites like these while I am at work and I wouldn't have time to read and respond to personals and browse around like I want. Without my app, it sure makes it hard for me to check in as I find that to be the most convenient.

Jennifer---you looked absolutely amazing in those RT trips. Thank you for sharing all the "new info" about upcoming trips. I agree that ride to the gym from the hotel in NJ was too long. I got excited when you said it was close by now. The idea of being in San Diego sounds wonderful too. Did Cathe give any hints about timeline/month for the next destination trip. Affordability is tough with having to buy an airline ticket. That is why I feel lucky to be about to go to NJ because that is an expensive train ride up. I would love to do a destination trip one day but being in Cathe's gym was an amazing experience and I must admit that everyone should make the NJ RT at least once.

Toni---I am so glad that you are doing well.

Nancy---Feel like I haven't talked to you since your hiking trip. I guess that shows how long it has been since I have consistently checked in.

I am so glad that week 3 of my rotation is done and I have a rest day today! I plan on going for a 6 mile walk in the October sunshine and doing some relaxing stretching. Next week looks grueling:
Crossfire
Rockout Knockout
X10 in its entirety!!!!! (YIKES!!!:eek:)
Party Rockin' Step #2
Xtrain Chest/Back/Shoulders
Xtrain Bis/Tri PLUS Cardio Leg Blast (now that's just CRAZY talk!!!:eek::eek::eek:)
Off (I would hope so!:p)

I have to think about November's rotation. I know I'll need to get busy with heavier weights to prepare for RWH and really up my cardio as well.
Are any of you guys going to participate in the Nourishing Gurus Mega Energy eating plan? I have to admit that the thought of no dairy freaks me out. I get a lot of my protein from yogurt and milk. I understand the plan is gluten free as well. It is only for 21 days, so I don't think it will kill me me, but still :)! Also, I'm saving up for Christmas and $97 is a lot to me right now!

Nancy---I am tired just looking at your workout for the week.

DS12 baseball team is having Fall training and participating in some scrimmages and tournaments just for practice. They will bring it indoors for the winter and hopefully we will have a better spring season. There are 4 new players are on the team and the boys are bonding just well. We had to be on the field an hour away by 7:30 yesterday morning. It was quite cold that early in the morning to be sitting on the field---but the things we do for our children. Our guys lost 7-5 but it was a good game. We had one really bad inning when the guys made several errors on one play resulting in a disaster and it was hard to come back from that. We were so proud of them as they worked really hard against this All Star team who is definitely way tougher than we are.

DS12 also auditions for all county band this evening. He has been practicing really hard so I feel that he is prepared. I am just a little nervous about the sight reading, but I think he should do fine overall.

This morning I did Intervals 1 -5 of Imax 2 followed by Pi-Yo Strong Legs.

Hi Ladies!
It sure has been a busy week and weekend; all good and fun things, though :) The weather and foliage has been beautiful! Enjoyed a short trip to a winery yesterday and it was beautiful.

Workouts for the last couple weeks have been PiYo Drench, glute work (Strong Curves style - activations, thrusts, deads, hip rotations, back extensions), GS, S&H, STS Ab Circuits (no equipment), BM2 with band walks (no upper body), HiiT 40/20, PRS#2, Flex Train, and Great Glutes floor work (pizza presses and cross over bent-leg raises).

This weekend I'm taking a 3-hour Yoga training session; it's not for CECs or to learn how to teach or anything like that but it's for personal gain that will help restore balance in the body. It's not a regular yoga class for 3 hours - it's to learn about realignment and things like that. If I learn anything worth mentioning I'll be sure to pass it along.

Heartymax, sorry to hear about the disappointing loss from errors; those are the best lessons but still a disappointment. I can imagine how cold it was sitting on the field early in the morning! Sending lots of luck to DS12 for his audition!
Way to go hard and strong with Imax2 and PiYo Strong Legs :)

No dates for the destination RT were even mentioned; all that was said is that the NJ one is always around the same time in July. Thank you for the compliment! I've been consistent with my workouts and nutrition.

Nancy,
I agree with Heartymax -- tired just looking at your rotation! Geesh! I am not participating in the Nourishing Gurus thing. I'm sure it's worth it but I just don't have the money. I currently am in the midst of a $397 Fearless Digestion program and was lucky enough to get a payment plan going on that. I think the program will really help my dad (and continue to help me) -- who chooses to take a Nexium every day for the rest of his life (which actually does more harm than good in the long run). In addition to that I've had some really big surprise bills. It happens; I'm just thankful I'll be able to pay them -- and that my Christmas list is very short :)

I best get -- have a great day everyone!

Jennifer---the foilage has been absolutely beautiful and I enjoyed the nice weather the last few days. It is supposed to be much cooler over the next few days. The temps are scheduled to be in the low 50s for games this weekend. Every time I do Pi-Yo legs I can feel it for at least 3 days.

DS made the all county band so he is very excited. He admitted yesterday that he was nervous when he played in front of the judges. You never know how youth will respond to competition. There is a middle school band for the 3 area counties so he wants to try out for that too. I told him that we will support him in whatever he wants to do as long as he wants to be committed to it. It's a while before that audition so we will see how the preparation goes.

This morning was Xtrain Burnsets for bis and tris.

Oh my are my bi's and Tri's sore today. Xtrain did it's job. Got in 30 minutes of elliptical cardio. This weekend is baseball. Tonight is football.

Happy Halloween ladies! Sunday will be the day I hope to jump back on the bandwagon by doing Cathe's beginner rotation. I hope that you all had a great day today!

Happy extra-hour-Sunday! The dogs didn't know they were supposed to sleep later so I was still up nice and early... that's okay, I got a lot accomplished before church this morning.

I mentioned the workshop I signed up for -- it was yesterday; only 2 of us showed up so we finished in 2 and a half hours. It was a Eischens Yoga sequence workshop -- kicked my butt but I'll tell you what, what a huge difference! I felt so different after leaving... relaxed and loose. It's different than regular Yoga because it's more about engaging every muscle in your body for only a handful of poses. Eventually the sequence should only take 15 minutes to complete and it will help correct the muscular imbalances from my scoliosis.

Heartymax,
We're getting freezing weather here as well. Glad you're still feeling the benefits from PiYo Strong Legs! What do you think of the Total Body (I think that's what it is called) PiYo?

I'm just stoked for Cathe's new series :) Maybe by the end of the month?! We can hope!

I thought about doing Xtrain today. Do you ever do the Burnsets UB premix? Do you have STS Ab Circuits? I've been enjoying the No Equipment one. Situps aren't good for my back so I modify those but either way my abs feel it and I like the definition I'm seeing.

I bought STS Meso3 at the RT for $60 so I'd really like to try Plyo Legs since I keep hearing so much about that. Did you say you like 2 better than 3? I need to do my 1-rep max numbers... I think that will be a workout in itself especially if I do it before a PiYo.

Stacie,
Happy Belated Halloween to you! Did you and Tyler have a good time? We made treat bags for the neighbor kids we know but didn't pass out any candy.

I hope you get back on Cathe's rotation soon -- you know it just gets harder the longer you wait!

Nancy,
Watchya' been up to? Did you get to enjoy the rest of October with some hiking and some rest days before starting a November rotation? I think I'm going to focus more on the Eischens Yoga sequence, traditional Yoga, PiYo, and of course still keep up with cardio and Glutes. I bought STS Meso3 at the RT for $60 so I'd really like to try Plyo Legs since I keep hearing so much about that.

I best get. Hope everyone has a great week in case I don't get to check in until next weekend. Keep on keepin' on and giving what you got!

Hi there! This morning was Basic Step. I'm supposed to also do a weight workout but I ran out of time. I'll knock that out tonight.

Jennifer
That's nice of you to make special treat bags for the kids! We didn't give out candy. We drove down to my sister's house which was a mistake because we got there kinda late and hit lots of traffic. Tyler still had fun trick or treating with his cousins though.

Have a great day everyone!

Jennifer--unfortunately i have never done the 1 rep max. I just made sure i started at a heavier weight for high reps than I normally do when I started Meso 1. Yes, 2 is my favorite because it shows the muscle. I have not done the entire program much. The first time i did do all 3. I felt so strong. I love Plyo Legs. If you like Xtrain Cardio Legs you will love Plyo legs too. I like Pi-yo Total Body also but Strong Legs is my favorite of the two. I have never done the Burnsets premix. I don't have Ab circuits. I have Ab Hits which i used sometimes.

Today was Tabatacise 1-3 followed by squats, pushups, crunches, situps and planks.

Knocked out basic steps this morning and added Core#1 from Xtrain. I've lost a ton of core strength but if I keep at it, I'll get it back. I didn't get my weight work out in as planned. I think I will do LIS TBT tomorrow and deviate from Cathe's rotation. It feels good to be doing something again.

Stacie----Great job on getting back into your routine. Trust me---we have all been there in some form or fashion. With the holiday season coming and its known to add some type of stress---what a perfect time to get back to exercising.

Today was Xtrain Hardstrikes. I think this was about my 3rd time doing this workout. I wanted something that I don't normally do but I wanted it to be fun so Hardstrikes did the job for me today. I followed it up with push ups, squats, crunches, sits ups and planks.

Tonight is the last regular season football game for high school. Football season is a very busy time for DS16 since they practice everyday. He doesn' t get home until about 7:15 M-Th and then of course much later on Fridays since there are games and most Saturdays they have to be at school by 8AM to watch film from the game the night before. On top of that, he has criminal justice meetings or activities some evenings after football and doesn't get home until 8:30 on those days. I wonder how he manages, but he does. His grades were great this quarter and I was so proud of him.Funny how we find that his grades are better when he is busy with sports. It shows that he knows he has to work and not have time to play around and gets that work done. The more freedom he has, the less he does. Hmmmm......that is exactly why DH and I are thinking about making him do a winter sport too. Then again, he could use some time to get in some extra driving practice after school as he has been so busy he hasn't been driving alot lately.

Ooops...just say the time...gotta run. enjoy your weekend ladies.

Thanks for the encouragement HeartyMax! Great job too on the core work you've been doing.
Good luck to DS on his game tonight. It's always bittersweet when the last one arrives.

This morning was the express premix of TBT. It was a good workout. I kept my weights pretty low since I'm not really sure how strong I am right now. I did sub chest and triceps exercises for the core work since I did core yesterday. Tomorrow I plan on changing it up and doing Jillian's Yoga Meltdown that I've had for awhile but haven't opened yet. :)

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!

Sorry that I have been MIA for this week. I've been struck by a bad gastrointestinal virus :(. Started out with a REALLY BAD headache and achy body and then got much worse. Let's just say I have lost a lot of weight :eek:. I had to take Thursday and yesterday off from working out. Feeling a little better today so I'm hoping for a short walk outside and and something gentle from Cathe. I really hate being sidelined :(.

Nancy...being sick is no fun at all. I hope you feel better soon!

No workouts to report for Saturday and Sunday...it was just to busy. I was really sore though from TBT on Saturday. Sunday I had some serious back pain which has been coming and going for months now. It seems to be related to this old bed we have. I'm thinking of getting that mattress replaced in the very near future.
Today was Basic Step.

Have a great day!

Hi there,
Happy Veterans day. Many blessings to those who have served. I ended up taking off today.

So apparently a low-fat diet can mess up your digestive system AND your gall bladder (who knew?!). I've been doing a Fearless Digestion course and have learned a lot. I've been feeling great since doing all my experiments and switching to full-fat organic grass fed but the Fearless Digestion has taken things to a whole new level. Also stay away from high-fat diet/lots of sugar/fake fats like cottonseed oil. Please. Apparently it crosses over into our Dental health as well. It's been very interesting. I've been getting used to eating beets -- they are not as bad as I remembered, probably because I'm eating fresh, organic ones. I boiled them and saved the water and adding the water to my morning smoothies. It helps the gall bladder and lubes the bile for easier digestion of the proper fats. Apparently some people have a hard time digesting starches (even sweet potatoes which I was eating for lunch and then not figuring out why I started having trouble again). Now I know. Sorry if all that was too personal; I just really want to share my experiences in case it helps anyone else.

It was a very busy weekend. I'm doing Lights at church and I had no idea what I signed up for -- but I'm still glad I'm doing it. Rehearsal 2 hours Thursday night, just over an hour on Saturday (then do lights for that night's service), then an hour before Sunday morning before the 9am service (and then do lights), then finally do lights for the 10:45 service.

So during the 2nd service my finger slipped and I hit "lights on" by mistake so naturally I corrected myself and turned the lights back off. The Pastor made a joke about it, that God was trying to tell him something and went on to say "just leave the lights where they are." I about died. But in perspective it wasn't the end of the world. It was my first weekend doing lights. I didn't have to actually program the cue list, just click Run and switch to each different list during different parts of the worship songs and service. It was a challenge but really not that difficult. I tell ya, the people behind the scenes really put in a lot of time and they really don't get noticed -- unless they mess up :)

Saturday was Errand Max and Clean Max -- the dog fur was just everywhere and I couldn't take it anymore. What a whirlwind of a weekend.

I managed Intensity Step Sunday very early in the morning; today was PiYo Sweat followed by Turbo Barre's upper body and then the leg work using the loop (no ballet/let conditioning).

Nancy,
So sorry to hear how miserably sick you were! Do you think it could have been the flu or do you think it was something else? Either way I'm glad you're feeling better and are easing your way back into things.

Stacie,
You are doing really well getting back into the swing of things!

Heartymax,
Thanks for answering all my questions :) I haven't gotten around to doing Plyo Legs or any of M3.
Glad all is going well at home. So glad he kept up his grades and doing so well with everything! Sounds like he's a rock star :)
I'm with ya' on Strong Legs; I like it a lot better than Full Body. I really love Drench, and I really like Sweat. I there are others in the series that I haven't done in a while; I guess I'm back to mainly doing Cathe but have to do Drench at least once a week. Sweat isn't as long (or as hard). I need to do some of the other workouts in the series because I remember liking them all for the most part.

Cathe's new series is being released soon; can hardly wait! Have a great day and week. Stay healthy!

Just finished Pyramid Upper body down premix. It was just right. I can't even imagine doing the whole thing like I used to!

Jennifer, cute story about the church. Even though you made a tiny mistake, I'm sure they are happy to have you help out! :) I feel your pain about the dog hair. I only have one and it seems like hair is always everywhere.

Gotta run. Have a great day!

I feel SO MUCH better today! Last night I did Travel Fit and tonight I'm planning on doing Party Rockin' Step#2. I missed 4 days of workouts and lost 7 pounds in 3 days :(. I ate pretty well last night and already have put some weight back on. I was amazed how how much definition my abs have when you get the poochy layer off of them ;). That was one nasty gut virus. The headache was actually the worst part!
Now that I'm feeling better and am easing back into my routine I can once again look ahead with excitement for Ripped With HIIT! There was a photo posted of everyone high-fiving after finishing editing and it shows Cathe's back in all its glory! WOW! I really admire the hard work that went into it and hope to achieve more upper body definition myself! I have to admit, seeing how jacked Jennifer is really inspired me!
Stacie, I am so happy you are getting back into your groove! I agree with you about Pyramid...those are tough workouts. Have you ever tried the total body bonus workout? It's becoming one of my favorites for total body.
Heartymax, your family's schedule never cease to amaze me! You seem to have unlimited energy! You are so awesome with your boys...I hope they appreciate it!
Jennifer, thank you for the tips about the fats. I have been incorporating more healthy fat back into my diet (I really love coconut manna on toasted Ezekiel bread as a special treat!). I'm so grateful that my local Harris Teeter stocks organic grass fed beef and bison from a range in Asheville, NC (not too far from me). I have been requesting all kinds of things that normally I'd get at Whole Foods or order on-line, and they have been happy to try to get them for me! If they would stock Nutiva products and more Nature's Path products I'd be ecstatic!

Well, I'd better get back to my lunch so I can get back to work! I have a beautiful salad of mixed greens, and other colorful chopped up veggies, with slipjack tuna and pumpkin seeds for protein...a few spoonfuls of Kal's yeast flakes, Bragg's apple cider vinegar, and some olive oil top it off!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.