Pull up bar

AnnMac

Hi Cathe!
I am thinking ahead to the STS program and finding the right spot for a pull up bar. What/how much of the back workout will I miss if I do not put up a bar? Will you have a substitution if people are unable to put a bar up? Thanks for your time!

We will show various options for doing a pull up as well as options for people who don’t want to or can’t do a normal pull up. We’re considering two options for this: Option #1 is to show different people doing different types of Pull Ups and other non pull up exercises and modifications all at the same time that work the back in a similar fashion. Option #2 is to make the normal workout have Pull ups and then to offer a premix which would be totally pull-up free. Not sure which way we will go with, but we do welcome your feedback and thoughts on which you would prefer. Regardless, we will have numerous options for you as far as pull ups are concerned.

SnM - Are you going to ask us for feedback on a separate post?

In any case, I prefer option #1. You've been using that style since the Pure Strength series and it has worked for many. Just my two cents, but I'll be happy with whatever you end up doing. :)

I would prefer option # 1 too. But, how difficult is it to put in a door pull up bar? I live in an apartment so I don't know if I can put in one, but I hope so.
Trina

The flowbar (flowbar.net) goes over a door and unless you have a real need to do a regular chin-up or pull up, I've found it very space efficient and effective...the gals at VF talk about it.

Option 1 please!

Thank you for making this available, not quite sure I have the great place for a pull up bar but would hate to miss a signigicant part of the series because of this!

Option 1 - it's helpful to see the various options at the same time, as my needs may change as I go along. I also don't like the idea that I would have to choose a premix that could be better used for something else. Thanks!!

We do have a unique product in development that was designed by us. If all goes well with production of the prototypes and testing meets our approval you may see them in STS as one of many pullup options.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.