Protein drinks

saozmaal

Hi, I just recently started exploring protein shakes after my workouts. The whey protein made me really sick to my stomach, so I switched to soy protein but I read that soy might have some risks for women. I know there are a lot of plant based protein drinks, but which one is the best for post workout that are safe.
I have been working out with you for about 8 years now, but never before had incorporated any protein drinks.
Thanks.

Not Cathe

Pea protein is really great, its vegetarian, doesn't pack a lot of estrogens (soy does), and has no lactose.

Are you sure that's the cause?

Are you sure it's the whey protein that's making you sick, and not the particular brand (or flavor) that you tried? I have used whey protein for years and can tell you that they're not all the same. I've used On Nutrition brand (double chocolate), and more recently, MusclePharm brand whey protein (vanilla flavor).

I haven't had much experience with other types of protein. I order from Bodybuilding.com. Here is a link to the types of protein that they carry: Protein Powders, Shakes, Drinks, & Supplements at Bodybuilding.com!

They have a pretty active forum and people rate the products, which is helpful. I've found the company to be ship quickly and have excellent customer service.

Good luck in finding something that works for you; it's so tough to work out when your stomach hurts! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.