Progress, not Perfection !!

Hello Ladies

I have been around the house today doing nothing other than surffing the internet. I was looking for a local workout buddy someone to go to the GYM with. Well needless to say I did not find a local workout buddy. However I did find one of the largest Fitness centers in Vegas called Las Vegas Athletic Club, which has a special that expires today for $19 per month. The GYM offers all types of classes like Zumba, Body Pump, Spin blah, bla so I went up there and joined. There are a couple ladies at work that has memberships there. I am going to see what classes are offered tomorrow after work and attend. Tomorrow may be the only day this week I can attend with Thanksgiving being this week. But then again with me being off work from Wednesday to Tuesday and the GYM being open 24hr, I maybe able to attend antoher class or do a Cathe dvd. As you can see I am really trying to get my Motivation back. :)

Deanna

Deanna, did you find any more motivation yet?

Deanna....what a great price! That's very exciting! For what it's worth, if we lived closer, I'd be your workout buddy any day of the week!!

I was surfing the net too and ended up getting 3 new workouts. I bought Turbo Barre and the old FIRM Classics Volume 2 and 3. I already own Volume 1. Some of those oldies but goodies were really good workouts. I sometimes feel like some of the newer workouts try to put too many "new twists" on exercises just to be different but sometimes the old school workouts are just something you cant improve upon. Why re-invent the wheel if you dont have to??

I already feel DOMS setting in my biceps and I only used 12 lb dumbells for the bicep curls and I usually use 15's. I've got cardio on the schedule tomorrow (I took all next week off work!), what cardio depends on how well I can walk after today's workout!

Enjoy your time off Deanna!

Last edited:
Morning Ladies :)

I am up getting ready for work and getting my workout clothing together to go to the GYM after work. Also going to stop at Walmart this morning and get a pair of ear phones so that I can watch TV while on the Treadmill before the class starts 5:30pm. This is going to take a little getting use to, since I am off work at 4pm and classes do not start until 5:30 or 6:00pm. Now I understand when people say they worked out for 2 hours. There are 2 GYM locations close to my job but not my house so, I will go after work not sure about weekends.

Alright let me get out of here since I have to stop at Walmart before work.

Have a wonderful day ladies, :) Will check in when I get home from the GYM.

Deanna

I'll be anxious to hear about your gym experience!

I did Anni Mars' Cardio Force workout. This is an excellent cardio workout that also incorporates arms a bit more b/c you hold one pound weights during the workout (I wear my 1 lb kickboxing gloves instead so dont have to worry about dropping the weights). Today I didnt wear the gloves b/c my arms were sore already! The choreography is super basic so no thought process involved, it has an ab segment at the end too. I was definitely sweating!

Eating oatmeal now, then heading to get my gray hair colored!

BBL...

Hi ya,
I did Hiit 30/30 this morn. : )

Deanna, I hope you enjoy the gym this aft!

Stacy, I had to dbl take on your instructor...I call my Aunt Marlene Auntie Mars. Sounds like a good no nonsense workout you had.

Hi Susan in Susan land

FnV...didnt know your aunt was in the biz! ;)

If my calculations are correct....Susan should be kicking our butts tomorrow?!

Evening Ladies, just getting in from the Gym. I did 1 hour on the Treadmill and took a Body Pump Class. I really enjoyed walking on the Treadmill they have small monitors connected to each one, I had my little ear phones connected and watched my favorite shows. The class, it was difficult but it was not Cathe.

Okay, going to shower, eat and go to bed. BTW, I probably will not go back to the Gym until Friday or sometime next week.

Have a good night
Deanna

Hi all
I did HIS step cardio this morn. : )

Deanna, I love treadmill, it feels addictive in some ways.

Stacy, hows the rotation starting out? I can't remember if you included and Hiits or if they were part of the cardio option.

Sheesh, I need do to a shopping trip, not for Tgive, but just a big basic food trip. I am dreading it since it is going to be swamped with holiday food shoppers. Me and my girls are going to my mom and auntie mars' place for Tgive (I don't think she is leading any classes that day, ha ha) and my dad is coming down to stay for a few days plus my bro will be around.

I thought I would be sore from the Body Pump (Weight Lifting) class yesterday, but I do not feel any discomfort. :)

I cam home from the Gym lastnight and took my Turkey and Spirl Sliced Ham out of the freezer and placed them both in the sink. I would like to start cooking tonight no later than Wednesday Morning. :)

Not sure if I shared my Thanksgiving menu with you, well here it goes.

All items listed I will be making myself.
Turkey, Brown Sugar Pineapple Glazed Spiral Sliced Ham, Cronbread Dressing with Gibblet Gravey, Mac & Cheese, Potato Salad, Cranberry sauce, Collard and TX Flat Mustard Greens with Smoked Ham Hocks and Neck Bones, Sweet Potato Souffle/Casserole with Graham Cracker Crust and Brown Sugar and Pecan Crumble and a Better Than Sex Cake also with Pecans. I am making all this for my wonderful son and myself. After eating and resting up, I am going to do my own 5K right outside my front door. :)

This menu is a day in a half process when I am going it alone. The best part of this menu is that I do not have to cook for Christmas. There is so much food for 2 people, I just break it all down, put it in Freezer bags and bring it back out for Christamas. :)

Share your Thanksgiving menu.

Deanna

Lets make sure we continue to get that water down ladies.

Holy Moly, Deanna, you're to be cookin' for days!!!

My Thanksgiving menu is what ever my mother is making. I just show up and eat! I've never cooked a turkey or stuffing before. I usually will make the mashed potatoes, but this year I'm even doing that.

Today was a rest day, too sore!

Hello Ladies :)

Off work early and do not have to return until Tuesday next week. Going to take a nap and then get up and clean the kitchen and start chopping up everything.

I will check in when I get a chance. And I hope everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Deanna

Hi, I did LIS from 4DaySplit. That is a pretty tame cardio step except for choreog.
I am going to chug 2 glasses of water which will put me at 3 x 8 oz so far today.

TGive- we will have Turkey, mashed white pot. candied sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, etc etc. It will be a huge high fat,starch, white flour and sugar fest. But I am gratefully going to show up and enjoy it!

Deanna, can I swing by your place for some greens? I've never had Better than Sex cake. Although since I love cake so much, most cake rates pretty high on my list anyway. : D So what is in it? oh wait I just googled it
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1/2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
6 ounces caramel ice cream topping
3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee, chopped
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
OMG my mom used to make this for my brother every year on his birthday, or something very similar. Yeah, its good.

Stacy, Hi! OK, off to shower, work, etc....

I think we're all going to be ready to slim down before we pack it on again at Xmas come next week!! (Of course we dont have to pack it on at Xmas since we all have control of what we put into our mouths, etc etc...but Xmas cookies ARE yummy!!)

FnV...I realized you had asked about my rotation earlier. I havent really started it yet, as I'lll be out of town for the rest of the week, and I ordered 3 new workouts so I need to preview them as possible candidates as well. But the idea came from 2 posts at videofitness about how a girl in a fitness competition, watched her diet really well (the hardest part of course!) and did only 4 workouts per week, and another post that said we all basically have workout ADHD, not sticking with anything long enough to progress with that particular workout. I have it written down somewhere but the 4 workouts were just stated as "heavy weights", "light weights", 2 FIRM cardios and a few were listed. I dont generally do the FIRM so I had to research a few of the titles, overall they seemed like circuit/4 limbed AWT workouts. (It may actually be 1 FIRM cardio and 1 general cardio though, gotta check my notes!)

Either way, I like the concept b/c I'm guilty of doing just whatever workout I want and I do tend to gravitate towards ones I'm familiar with or my "easier" workouts just to say I got my workout in. I like the idea of sticking with a few strength routines for a few weeks so I can up my weights each time. I think what I have been subconsciously doing is say, I use 8 lb dumbells for biceps in one workout, I flip and do another workout and grab the 8's for biceps even if for that workout I really could use 10's and then I end up finishing the set with 8's and then thinking "next time I'll go heavier", however I dont do that workout again for weeks so I forget I shouldve done 10's! I know, maybe a bit too much philosophical workout talk for this hour of the morning!

I'm definitely picking STS Total Body as one workout. The others I'm still contemplating. I also want to do an STS rotation at some point down the road too!

Ok enough chatter!! Have a good Thanksgiving, we'll be heading out of town early tomorrow morning!

Last edited:

I am up, getting ready to go to the store and get some Stouffers Mac & Cheese and the ingidents for my Better Than Sex Cake and lets not forget some coffee.

Made my cornbread dressing, greens, sweet potato mixture and boild the white potato's for the potao salad last night. Oh, I also seasoned my turkey with poultry seasoning and fresh made garlic butter. It is just sitting in the fridge waiting to go in the oven tonight or tomorrow morning.

I am going to make my potato salad before going to the store this morning. So I can get back in the kitchen and rattle those pots.

I am not planning on exercising until Thankging Day or Friday. I will check back in when I get a chance.

Ladies have a wondreful day and a Blessed Thanksgiving.

Deanna

Good morning everyone !!!!!

I missed you all very very much !!!

I just finished reading all of your posts for the last 2 1/2 weeks.... lol It sounds like everyone is coming out of the group slump. Now I just have to get my lazy butt moving. I feel like a slug after 2 1/2 weeks of no exercising and eating all kinds of fattening foods... sigh.

My friend left yesterday and I'm still exhausted from our running around and having company for that long. We had a great time, but I'm glad to now be able to get back to my normal routine.

My plan is.... go to the gym and do a little treadmill this afternoon just as a warm up and to remind my body what exercise is. :p Then.. enjoy Thanksgiving tomorrow (I'm going to a friend's house so don't have to cook)...

then... FRIDAY morning... back into full healthy eating and back to counting calories and fat grams and full exercise mode. I'll post my workout plan later today or tomorrow.

FnV - like your friend, I'm going to eliminate all wheat and sugar.... but not the natural sugar from fruit.. just added sugar. And not all grains.. just wheat.. i.e. I'll eat oatmeal...

Deanna - Congratulations on your size 7 and on joining the gym !!! I love having the gym to do treadmill and my step classes... and then doing weights and stretching with Cathe at home. It's a great combination.

Today... I shall run errands, do lots of laundry and straighten up the house. There is lots to do that I have ignored for the last couple of weeks.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone !!!

Always remember.... Progress, not Perfection..

Water, Just Do It and STOP IT !!! :p

We CAN do this... We ARE doing this !!

Grandma's back.... watch out.....:D

Last edited:
One interesting thing......

I weighed myself after my last post... and...

I LOST one pound in the last 2 1/2 weeks.

hmmmmm.... no workouts... lots of fattening food... i.e. French toast with butter and pancake syrup, bowls of guacamole with corn chips, corned beef dinner, grilled cheese sandwiches, BLTs....... with good food too.... fresh fruit, salads, Greek yogurt,

the only difference that I can come up with is that we ate 3 meals a day... like clockwork... no snacks..

When I am home alone, I snack... and that's my downfall.

Now.. I HAVE to go low fat to get my cholesterol level down where my doctor wants it.. but 'tis interesting that eating whatever I wanted but absolutely NO snacking and I lost a pound without exercising....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........:rolleyes:

Hi Susan, it's great to have you back!!

I did High Reps today, great workout, great ab section too!!

I think I'm narrowing down my 4 workout decision....STS Total Body, High Reps, cardio I will still do whatever I'm in the mood for, and my last "circuit" selection will be....umm...still thinking there, to avoid boredom, I'm narrowing that one down to alternating 2 workouts for the 6 week rotation. My front runners are Cathe's Bootcamp, LIC, and possibly one of the FIRM volumes once I have a chance to preview them.

Off to see a movie and browse the bookstore!

I just got my 3 new workouts in the mail, about a week early!

Cathe's Turbo Barre looks SO GOOD!!

The 2 FIRM workouts I started to preview but they were so corny I had to hit "eject" lol. However I knew they were cheesy, but they are good workouts. The proof will be in the pudding so to speak!

I'm taking Travel Fit and my band with me, as well as Ilaria's Powerstrike workout. I'm hoping everyone will be away shopping and/or sleeping in so I can get my workouts done. I'm planning PS for Friday morning and Travel Fit for Saturday morning! Wish me luck!!

Stacy, have a great trip! Lol to Firms, I've had some and agree, a wee bit corny, which I don't fault them for, but good workouts.

Susan, I bet you've really found a key point. What oh what can we do to stop the after 6 pm snackage??

Hi Stacy !!!

Hi FnV !!!!

Stacy - have a safe and enjoyable trip !!!

FnV - yes.. the dreaded between-dinner-and-bedtime snack attack.... the worst of my snacking problems..... All I hear in my head is STOP IT !!! lol

It's the truth.... I have to just STOP IT !!!

Deanna must be still cooking up a storm. Yummy...... Deanna.. the whole menu sounds delicious !!

Jennifer - How are you doing on your Progress, not Perfection journey?

Hopefully, we'll all get back on track after tomorrow.....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.