Progress not Perfection- Mighty in May

I did the xfactor again, have dance tonight and will pick a fun cathe cardio for tomorrow I think.
Thanks for the progress thought, Stacy!
Deanna, are you doing core and cardio at gym again today?
I've got busy day ahead, I caught up a little yesterday. Two steps forward, one step back...

Morning Ladies :)

Yes FnV, I am schedule to do Core and Cardio today. However, I have a interview for a PT job during lunch today. If the interview does not go over I will make the Gym on time if the Interview makes me late returning to work I may not be able to make it.

Deanna

I did the xfactor again, have dance tonight and will pick a fun cathe cardio for tomorrow I think.
Thanks for the progress thought, Stacy!
Deanna, are you doing core and cardio at gym again today?
I've got busy day ahead, I caught up a little yesterday. Two steps forward, one step back...

Hello all, slowly getting myself back into some semblance of "in shape-ness". Despite that, Athletic Training still kicked by butt today even with many pauses and skipping one set of pushups and the planks at the end! Here's my tentative workout plan for the upcoming week/Memorial weekend...

Mon--rest day
Tues--Athletic Training
Wed--walk/jog intervals on the treadmill
Thurs--STS M3 disc 25 Chest & Back
Fri--rest day
Sat--Afterburn
Sun--M3 disc 26 Sh, Bi's & Tri's
Mon--LIS LIC Step
Tues--Cardio Superset or Turbo Barre
Wed--rest

After that...we'll see how my work schedule goes and how I did with sticking to the above plan!

Hi Ladies. I hope u r all doing well. Glad to see u r all still moving along with ur fitness goals. I like what Stacy said about progress...so true with fitness and all things in life.

I've been reading periodically to keep up. I'm having a hard time getting started, and actually was planning to start tonight, but got hm later than expected and had to give my pooch a bath and other stuff. I thought I'd ck in now to hold me accountable for starting tomorrow. I will have to do it in the morning as tomorrow evening is committed. No matter what I must get started again, it's crucial for my health and I could lose some inches too.

I'm sorry about ur pooch, Fnv :(. My pooch is my baby so I understand.

I am considering the one month STS/LIS rotation (modified) as it works better with my schedule than the straight LIS rotation. It also has essentially the same amount of LIS workouts so it should be good.

Have a good rest of the week and I hope to have a good rpt for u all in the next cpl days :).

Good luck starting tomorrow, Michelle. And don't worry, I've got you covered, I did an extra workout today so you can have one of mine. : )

Today I did a 30 min joggy/sprinty/walky run plus did push ups and dips. THEN I remembered I was taking dance so I went to a choreography class and danced my butt off for an hour. good times. (They are running a $32 for month (4 classes) summer special if anyone is interested in getting a fun workout in and looking for inspiration to become fit while getting their shimmy on. : )

Deanna, how's it going? Were you happy with interview? I hope you get it if it is something you want/like.

Stacy, I'm keeping my LIS w/o at hand for my non wxf days but haven't worked any in lately.

Thanks for the warm thoughts about my dog. I miss her. Someone surprised me today when they asked about her and tears just snuck up on me. She was a great little dog/pest/PIA/buddy. She had a great spirit.

Left work 90 minutes later than I wanted to, so got home late, had sore feet so it took everything in me to change my clothes and do 30 minutes of walk/jog intervals on the treadmill. It wasnt pretty but I did it.

Made soup yesterday, had leftovers for dinner today, yum.

Here's what I've been following for my walk/jog treadmill workouts. The plan is a 13 week plan, having you run 3 times a week. However I'm only doing one workout a week, so I just completed workout 3, week 1.

13 Weeks Couch to 10K

Time to kick back and watch a baseball game...

Stacy my dtr tried couch to 5k for about 2 days and didn't stick with it- but she's just 16. LOL, one day she tried a step and I don't think she'll ever try it again. She was like, wth? It looked easy enough....

FnV...lol, that's funny about your daughter. I mean, really, how hard can stepping be, it's just up-down-up-down...??!! ;)

Michelle....how are you? Did you get in a workout? If not, please still check-in!

Deanna...how was the interview?? Any weekend walks?? It's going to be 95 here this weekend, too hot for my blood!

I just finished Meso 3 Chest & Back, my first time with this one. I also did abs. I went probably lighter than I should have given that it's a slow & heavy strength mesocycle, but I'm still getting in shape and I hadnt done it before. There are longer pauses btwn reps which was nice in some ways, but not good if I was in a hurry. I did manage to use 20's the entire workout for chest flies! yay!

Off to work now, eating some oatmeal first. Then the rest of the day is Fruit & Veggie Thursday! :)

Check back later....

Food for the day...

B--oatmeal with almonds
L--yogurt with strawberries
S--3 crackers with peanut butter
D--stir fry veggies

Not alot of fruit and veggies there, but I couldve had the "veggies" be fries!

Hi Ladies, quick ck in...I did it! I got up early Wed morn and did LIS CSS exp. I plan to get up again tomo morn and do slide n glide cardio only then LIS AT premix on Sat.

Awesome job to u Stacy for hitting its so hard and FNV for staying consistent and making it fun. What kind of dance and where?

I will ck in again on Sat. Yippee for the long weekend. Are all of u off for all three days?

Way to go Michelle! I like the SG cardio only, maybe I will get that one in this weekend.
This is the studio I go to. Imperial Belly Dance Theatre....Belly dance Shows and Performances, Fortune Telling, Tarot Card Readers, Raqs Sharqi, Turkish, Cabaret, Arabic, Fitness, Belly Dance, Dawn Gunduz, Sultana, Entertainment

Stacy, great job on the eats and passing up of Fries!

Deanna, NO, it isn't Friday YET, but tomorrow.... : ) do you get 3 day weekend?

I'm babysitting on Sun so I guess not really a 3 day weekend. Today I just taught my dance class which went well (just when I'm ready to throw in the towel, the pendulum swings back)

Tomorrow is WXF.

Michelle, I'm so happy for you!! It's always hardest to get started! I'm really loving the LIS workouts!!!

X Factor Disc 3 done. This instructor is funny. He does a surf board exercise and one called planes and trains. I use my slide and glide disks through out the workouts when I want, like with sand twists, mountain climbers and back lunges.

Deanna, I bet you are cooking something yummy this holiday weekend!

Have fun weekend girls, but don't forget to work work! (at least a little).

I'm out of veggies, doh!

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the encouraging push, I need it@!

I got up this morning and did SnG cardio and stretch. I missed the fun jacks, so that must only be a part of the full program. Maybe next time.

FnV - you got some SnG in too. It is good for the legs, right?

Stacy - thanks for the kudos. I was inspired by how you jumped right back in and are hitting it so hard!

Deanna - I hope you are keeping your hard work up and you have a good weekend.

Have a nice weekend, ladies.

Michelle :)

I've got Afterburn on tap for this morning. I'm going to try the Double Trouble premix, which Ive read is the intervals 1-10 done once, then go thru 1-10 again with less pauses btwn them. My family called unexpectantly and said they'd be in town today so it's a mad dash to clean my house and to plan something to feed them. Love my family, but not a big fan of their spontaneity!

Double Trouble-51:17
Warm-Up (5 min)
Intervals 1-10A, Intervals 1-10B,
Cool-Down (2 min), Stretch (5 min)

That is what I have for that pm. (breakdown of all the lis pm from another checkin mate/ and vf)

A is two exercises to equal an interval and "B" is just the repetition of A. So yes, what Stacy said. : ) I was thinking A was the first exercise in the interval and b was the second.

someone talked about a system of putting your workouts into excel in so that they could be sorted by pm, time, type, etc. Love to do that but I will be too old and feeble do any of my workouts by the time I have time to do such a thing.

Last edited:
I just finished the double trouble AB premix. I LOVED IT!!! Time flew by. I liked this one much better than the original workout. What a difference the order makes as well as taking out some of the down time btwn sets!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.