Progress not Perfection- Mighty in May

Faithnveggies

Cathlete
Our group mantra is "Progress, not Perfection"- anyone is welcome to join us.

We strive to eat healthy foods (non-processed as much as possible), do our workouts on a regular basis and drink 64 oz of water daily. We know that we won't do it perfectly every day...but we don't beat ourselves up if we don't do it perfectly.

We also cheer each other on with our successes. Success for one is inspiration for all.

So here's to continued success! We CAN do this. We ARE doing this !!!

Water, Just Do It (exercise), STOP IT (reaching for junk food)
Month 5 here we are!

Thanks for starting a new thread!

I kicked off the month with a 10 mile walk. My race is this Saturday.

I also did about 3 hrs of house cleaning, I'm beat! Finishing up some laundry and then I'm going to bed!

Morning Ladies,

Stacy, you walked 10 miles? How long did that take you?

My Race is this weeekend as well Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k, my goal is to finish within 30min.

Deanna

Thanks for starting a new thread!

I kicked off the month with a 10 mile walk. My race is this Saturday.

I also did about 3 hrs of house cleaning, I'm beat! Finishing up some laundry and then I'm going to bed!

Deanna, it took awhile. I walked at an 18 minute pace. I have walked it faster but that day my shins were bothering me. I'm hoping my walking buddy can do well, she's been having some health problems lately. Even if we're last to cross the finish line, at least we've done it!

Good luck on your 5K!

Hi ladies, I'e been slacking this week with no good excuses to show for it. Well, I've felt sick and stressed, I should have at least been walking.

I did teach dance last night and I'm headed back to the studio for classes this month, I need to refresh my shimmies!

Today my girls and I are volunteering at a 5k- I'd rather run it! Michelle, are you going to Sunfest at all? Are you out there? Anyway, dd needs a lot of community service volunteer hours this month for school and I think its best if its a non profit if you know of anything.

Stacy, good job on the 10 miles, I hope your buddy holds up and is feeling better.

Deanna, seems like you get the gold star for working out most consistently lately!

Morning Ladies :)

I played hookey yesterday from work and the gym, my relief works in my office on Thursday so I took the day off.

Tomorrow is the Race for the Cure, I am going to really try to finish within 30 no more than 40 min.

Good luck on your race Stacy :)

Deanna

Race is done!! Deanna how was your race??!!

I finished my worst time ever because my walking buddy kept getting cramps, but we still finished. My sister in law ran the half marathon for the first time, she is almost 60 and did 10 minutes miles which is great! My 81 year old mother in law finished the 5K race is 52 minutes and took first in her age group (not many in that age group, lol, but yay for her!!)

If I do anymore I think I'm going to try to run a 5K, or just walk a 1/4 mile. 13.1 miles just takes too long!

I cant wait to start my new rotation. I think I'm going to start on Tuesday! I'm planning on following the November 5 day per week LIS rotation :)

Stacy, congrats to you and all your family members. What a great showing! Have fun getting started on the rotation. Sometimes a break from steady helps generate new enthusiasm, too so perhaps that will also carry you forward?

Deanna, I think (from FB) you did well on the 5K? My dtrs and I worked a 5K on Fri aft, checking and holding onto runners' bags while they did race and moving them to the finish line inside a festival. It would be fun to do such a race as a group with a cause or mission, I think.

Michelle did you get your rotation started again? Toni, how's it going?

Lucky for me, there is always a new day and new week. I've been slacking but today I went for bike ride warm up and then came home and did Power Hour. A HIIT is tomorrow's agenda.

Stacy, did you recommend The Pawn? I'm reading it (and 50 Shades). I like it so far but because it is murder/mystery, I have to be in the mood for it (willing to read about doom and death).

I'm back on my green smoothies and right now I have an elegant dinner (not) of Uncle Bens, can of diced tomatoes and can of black beans. : )

Good evening...

FnV, yes it was a good family showing! I may end up doing the STS/LIS rotation, still deciding, either way my arm muscles are really getting bad so I need to do something! My brother has been doing Crossfit/Metabolic training type of workouts instead of his usually heavy lifting and has lost 35 lbs and looks great! We have the same build so I'm thinking about incorporating a little of those workout some how. He sent me a beginner's link so I thought I'd share it...

http://michaelashcroft.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/2-week-beginner-cf-program.pdf

How's your reading? I'm in the mood to read something again, not sure what book yet. And, yes, I recommended The Pawn. The 5th book is coming out soon!

I am hoping to start checking in a little more regularly now!

Morning Ladies :)

I'm sorry I thought I posted my information regarding the Race. I finished 3.1 miles in 41 min.

The most important part is that you finished Stacy, I am so very proud of you. And your sister-in-law and your mother-in-law, wow what an accomplishment. :)

Race is done!! Deanna how was your race??!!

I finished my worst time ever because my walking buddy kept getting cramps, but we still finished. My sister in law ran the half marathon for the first time, she is almost 60 and did 10 minutes miles which is great! My 81 year old mother in law finished the 5K race is 52 minutes and took first in her age group (not many in that age group, lol, but yay for her!!)

If I do anymore I think I'm going to try to run a 5K, or just walk a 1/4 mile. 13.1 miles just takes too long!

I cant wait to start my new rotation. I think I'm going to start on Tuesday! I'm planning on following the November 5 day per week LIS rotation :)

Hi Ladies. Quick check in from my phone. I've been slacking, but ready to get back in gear. Tomorrow, starting again the LIS 5 day rotation with modifications to suit my schedule - I won't be doing full hour workouts, only 30-45 min to include some stretching.

Fnv, I will let u know if I hear of a non-profit option.

Great job Stacy and Deanna on ur races.

Toni, hope u r well.

Good morning!! Today is my first day back in the workout world!! I'm going to do Cardio Supersets for the first time and then abs (if it's not already included in the workout). I'm going to be following the 12 week Doubles STS/LIS rotation, as I miss my strength training. But, I'm not going to let myself get bogged down by feeling like I "have to" do a certain workout on a certain day. I'm already "off" by starting on Tuesday and that's ok!! :) I'm going to do all the workouts in the given week, but choose which day works best to do them based on my own schedule and if it takes me 9 days do the "week", then who cares!? I know from past experience getting too caught up in a certain mapped out schedule stresses me out. I'm also going to incorporate some of the CrossFit workouts that were in the link I posted previously. I will probably do those on my strength training days for some extra cardio. For workouts I dont have, I'll sub in something. I'm also going to focus on NOT eating this or that but saying YES to more fruits and veggies.

Someone posted this over at VF and I thought I'd share it.....

Never, ever give up: Arthur's inspirational transformation. [VIDEO]

I'll check back later!

Last edited:
Stacy, wow, great + amazing vid, thanks. I liked the workouts from yesterday, too. Thanks for sharing your strength and hope today. : )

Michelle, get rocking with your workouts, too!

Deanna, hugs as always and thanks for the support.

I lost a pet family member yesterday but I'm planning on getting a workout in this aft. ttyl

FnV, sorry for your loss and ((hugs)) to you. Our family has always had pets and they're spoiled rotten and treated like babies. We lost 3 in one week a few years ago. They'll always hold a special place in our hearts.

I finished Cardio Supersets, I did only the main workout, not the 21 min bonus step workout. I'm too out of shape at the moment, but hope to tack it on soon. I then did abs from SJ&P. I definitely have some work to do getting back into shape!

Hey Ladies,
Continued XOXOXOX to Fnv.

I have been suffering from Acid-Reflux or something for 2 weeks. I wasn't feeling good the day of the Race but I pushed myself. I got some Gas X yesterday and I am finally feeling better.

No workout for me Mon, Tue or Wed, I am going to see how I feel tomorrow.

Thanks again, Ladies. Stacy, 3 pets in one week? That must have been devastating.
Deanna, I hope you feel better and are back at the gym soon.

I did Intensity Low Hiit and BC premix 35 min. It was perfect for me today.
Stacy that add on from LIS LIC is a toughie even as a stand alone and very leg drill intensive if I recall.

I threw some rotten grape tomatoes out into dirt patch perimeter of my patio and now have about 3 plants w/ little tomatoes on them, one nearly ripe. I think they need to be staked? anyone know? and how is your serenity/neighborhood garden Deanna?

I did disc 16 from Meso 2 Chest/Shoulders/Triceps. I was sore before I started and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sore tomorrow. I used lighter weights than I wouldve normally used though. It was good to do a weight workout, it's been awhile!

Good morning, so far not as sore as I thought I would be, we'll see how the day goes!

I did some walk/jog intervals on the treadmill followed by abs this morning. I've decided to put some of the CrossFit workouts/add-ons on hold for a few weeks until I get back some baseline strength and endurance. I'm also going to swap out walk/jog intervals anytime I see a lower body strength workout in the rotation. The LIS workouts are lower-body intensive already so I'd rather work my legs with the walk/jog intervals instead of squats/lunges, hoping that'll be a bit better on my knees over the long haul.

Have a good day everyone. It's Fruit and Veggie Thursday! (after I eat my post-workout almonds/yogurt ;) )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.