Preview videos first

teach4s

Cathlete
Hi Everybody,
I just wanted to highly suggest you preview the new videos before you do them. I am sitting here with a sprained and twisted ankle because I fell off my step this morning doing the new boot camp. I wasn't familiar with the moves and I landed wrong. I'm so sad because I won't be able to do the workouts for several days now. They sure look great though!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/teach4s

Thank You for the warning. I hope you heal quickly. Apparently you are not alone. I've read on various forums several people have done the same thing. Try to have a nice weekend...Peggy

>Hi Everybody,
>I just wanted to highly suggest you preview the new videos
>before you do them. I am sitting here with a sprained and
>twisted ankle because I fell off my step this morning doing
>the new boot camp. I wasn't familiar with the moves and I
>landed wrong. I'm so sad because I won't be able to do the
>workouts for several days now. They sure look great though!!
>
>
>http://www.picturetrail.com/teach4s

If you twisted it anything like I did doing Drillmax, it will be a lot longer than a few days. Today makes six weeks for me.

Annette

Glad I'm not the only one who hurt themselves! Last winter I came down and before I knew it my ankle had gave way and was sideways. I did quite a number and had to finally go to PT. Couldnt do any workouts for 6-8 weeks. Hard to believe, but true!

It's my fault though, doing step at 6am when I'm sometimes a little sleepy still! Won't happen again. That stunk! Hope you get better soon! :+

I am feeling much better. I actually have my workout shoes on and am going to try a mild version of the new kickbox, if it hurts I'll just watch, and upper body weights.
I think the key is that I put ice on it right away and used crutches the first day to baby my ankle.

I'm scared to get back on my step though:(. My ankle and side of my foot has about 20 different shades of purple. It swelled up so bad I told everyone I was a hobbit:).

Thanks for your words of encouragement!

>I'm scared to get back on my step though:(. My ankle and side
>of my foot has about 20 different shades of purple. It swelled
>up so bad I told everyone I was a hobbit:).

I definitely wouldn't try the new step workouts until you are 100%, and even then, only after previewing at least once. Some of the moves in them are much trickier (quick directional changes, and quite a few moves with one foot crossing behind the other while crossing the step), and I think they'd be particularly risky to someone whose ankle is already problematic.

What Boot Camp move did you have trouble with?

I fell on the the new 4 day split Boot camp. I was doing the fast foot drill going backwards and fell off to the left and completely rolled my ankle.

I did the 4 day split kickbox premix with upper body this morning and just modified it, it was a good workout.

I viewed and still stumbled on HIS, so yes, be careful. I just love the choreography in this series :D .

Today I slayed the dragon, OOPS :p, I mean HIS. I was determined to have fun with this one, so I modified a bit. I pulled up the two puzzle mats from under the step in my aerobic area and replaced them with different color mats. Using the mats as my step surface, I was able to learn the choreography without any fear of falling. As an added bonus, I didn't have to worry about my step sliding while I was learning the new stuff. I just concentrated on the choreography and had fun with it. When I'm ready, I will take off the training wheels :7. Boy, this was a first but effective method for me.

These workouts are sooo much fun & I'm not going to miss a moment,

jordan

That's a great idea. I am so afraid to do step now since my fall and I use to love it!! I'm going to try it in baby steps too when my ankle can handle it.

Laura

I think nothing of "doing my own thing" in the middle of a workout if the steps are too tricky. I just watch the gals and then the next workout I get better and better, which is how I learned LIC-yes, I am THAT bad at step! I can kickbox til the cows come home and bootcamp my butt off, but that step strikes fear into me! So I really feel bad for you and your poor ankle. Lots of ice and elevation now;) You be careful, you will be exercising the rest of your life, so what is a few days if it means taking care of your wonderful bod right?:)

Now my confession, I pulled a muscle or something on the side of my newly replaced hip-I think it was the lateral skates in BC this am. I am really not supposed to do any high impact stuff, but crap, of course I had to try it out, and now I sit here smothered in Icy Hot and wondering if I damaged something heaven forbid! But whatta fun, fun time that workout was. Liked the arms too-even though I am lifting light and doing more endurance based workouts, I just had to try this one, lifting heavy is "my thing" and easy for me. The endurance based workouts are the ones that get me.

I actually did pretty good with these. Last night I previewed LIS and HIS and today I did the cardio from Kickbox, LIS and HIS. I lowered my step to 4 inches on HIS just in case it was too tricky, but I got all the moves the first time, and it was quite fun. So the step will be at 6 inches next time. These work-outs seem to have a common sense flow to them. That makes it easy for me to pick up.

I'm so happy to hear they were easy to follow. It's been one week since my fall off the step and I think I still need a few more days before I can try them. I can't wait!!!

For Step, start with LIS because that one was especially easy for me. It is fun, and it got my HR up. Kickbox was easy as well, and HIS was a higher level of difficulty. Since I had read reviews and peoples difficuly, when I previewed, I watched very closely the spots people were having problems. I focused on her feet, and which way she turns her body.

I started stepping way back in the 80's when it was first taking off. I still remember the beginner classes where they talked about front and back of the step, near foot and far foot from the step. Always pay attention to which foot is near and which is far.

And BTW, in one of the above 3, Cathe messes up and leans to HER right, and says right, which she usually does not do!

I did the cardios of LIS and HIS yesterday and I didn't fall off the step:). I didn't use any risers just to be on the safe side.

The choreography is pretty complex I had to rewind LOTS of times. I'm sure it will get easier each time. They are really fun!!!

Wow! Twisted ankle - hope you are better now!

I have them but have yet to watch them. I will! I need to prep myself first!

ha!

Slow to catch on!

:)

Life is short so enjoy and appreciate it! :)

I almost always do a new step WO without the step the first time since I've been known to fall of my step too (it's the early morning thing for me to :)). If I'm feeling ambitious I might use the step w/ no risers.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.