Predominance of back exercises in XTrain 90-day undulating rotation - consecutive back days

Kellyro77

Cathlete
I'm on week 6 of the 90-day undulating rotation that comes with XTrain. Just finished Chest, Back, and Shoulders. Tomorrow is a Tabatacise premix of choice. The suggested premixes all include Burn Sets Back. I notice this pattern repeats itself during weeks 6, 7, 8, and 11. Sometimes the Tabatcise premix with Burn Sets Back follows an actual Burn Sets Chest, Back and Shoulders day.

Given all I've heard over the years of allowing your muscles at least 48 hours of rest I'm a little confused at having literal "back-to-back" days of back.

Am I missing something that our backs can take the extra work? Is this a misprint in the guidebook? Anyone follow the book's rotation to a "T" and feel like there really wasn't any problem with the extra back work on consecutive days?

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

Hi Kellyro77, when I followed this rotation, I took the Tabatacise premix to mean any combo of the cardio aspects, not with the back ... the back chapter is for the rotation where you do a cardio & weight training everyday... at least that's how I interpreted it & how I did it. HTH. Deb

@Debinmi thanks. I might go ahead and do the cardio/core only option. It's not the printed premix slotted for the day, is all. Super weird that they put so many consecutive back days in their rotation.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.