Praise for Eat to Live & Dr. Fuhrman

Kate...:)...this book is what lead me to my Vegan way of eating. It is at least a good read...opens your eyes to some things. I ended up reading The Food Revolution by John Robbins right after ETL. I know I'll be Vegan the rest of my life. It requires you to cut out alot of animal protein and increase your veggie and fruit intake and more. Scared me at first because I never ever thought I would consider being Vegetarian let alone Vegan. There have been a few threads on it this one Shannon started:
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=274691&mesg_id=274691&listing_type=search

and more: http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=270378&mesg_id=270378&listing_type=search

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=165114&mesg_id=165114&listing_type=search

Hope this helps some. I'd be happy to answer any questions...:)

So excited! Today is my big grocery shopping day, time to load up on ETL foods! I have a huge grocery list, and plans for what to make for dinner tonight plus extra for the week. My body is ready for this!

I can go for more fruit, anything sweet is good (except for strawberries, I just don't get strawberries). Does a vegan eat fish? I don't eat red meat and rarely eat bird, but what about fish? Can one live without fish? The taste of fish is the opposite of strawberry!

No, vegans don't eat fish BUT there's room for fish in Fuhrman's plan. He advocates minimizing animal products as much as possible and maximizing unprocessed plant based foods. I'm certainly not strict--I still use fat free milk in my coffee and am not yet willing to swear off ice cream for life. So I would never claim to be a vegan (although I have been a vegetarian for years) but I make vegan eating my default and the use of animal products the exception.

The way I see it, most people rotate through the same 12 or so meals all the time (for me, it was things like veggie Buffalo wings, veggie burgers, pasta, pizza). I just changed what those meals were so now different kinds of giant salads are the default.

How does Eat to Live jive with the P90X eating plan?? (Or should I call it the P90X non-eating plan... that one scares me!! I've never limited *vegetables* before.)

I just bought the ETL book, and will read it as soon as I finish "The Food Revolution" Book.

I've been curious about these books for over a year and I quickly bought them after hearing/reading way to much about Creutzfeld-Jacob disease (Mad Cow).

Amy,
One of the best parts about ETL is that there is no limit on fresh vegetables. Eat them to your heart's (stomach's;-) ) content. They should be your "default" food, followed by cooked veggies, then fruit, then beans, then whole grains (about 1 c. per day), then a limited amount of soy products, then nuts/seeds. I find this to be the kind of eating that keeps me feeling my best and my fullest, so I LOVE it.
I can't imagine limiting vegetables either, I mean a potato I can see, but peas? carrots? spinach? who ever got fat eating those?
And why did they have to ruin it for the rest of us:p
Mattea

I went back to this WOE nearly 2 weeks ago.This WOE rocks.Mostof my 2 tight clothes are now fitting again. It's the best to jump start healthy eating if you've been struggling

>How does Eat to Live jive with the P90X eating plan?? (Or
>should I call it the P90X non-eating plan... that one scares
>me!! I've never limited *vegetables* before.)

Amy...the ETL program jived very well for me with my 1st P90X rotation...if I remember right from my post so long ago...I lost 17 lbs in the first 6 weeks of P90X and ETL...:)

OMG Carole!!! I would have to buy an entire new wardrobe!!! }(

I ordered the book right after I posted about P90X, figuring I'd make it work somehow. Now I see Carole's results, wondering if this book could possibly be as great as it seems?? :p

My freezer is full of meat. DH will have to start thinking about eating it all himself...

But just please don't take away my unsweetened Silk. If that is not permitted in the ETL plan, well, then, I won't be able to follow it...

Amy! I had some weight to loose when I started. If you don't need to loose weight then you shouldn't..:)...if unsweetened Silk is soy milk then it is permitted...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.