Powerstike Addiction

RE: Yup, yup....

I made it.I am still alive.It wasn't to bad in terms of heart rate.Although I did get a stitch in my side at one point.But I certainly sweat alot.Just as much as I do with any other aerobic tape.
My arms are so tired.All they wanted to do was fall to my side.And it is 5 hours later and I can already feel the muscle soreness in my shoulders.
It was a great work out.Man those girls are in awesome shape.I think I am going to be sore when I wake up tomorrow morning.I may have to go for a run tomorrow.I don't think I will be able to do anything that will incorporate much arm movemnet.Thanks guys for the great workout....it is all tying us over until cathe comes out with some new stuff.
Lori

RE: Yup, yup....

Good to hear you made it, Lori!!!! :-jumpy What a workout, huh?? I just did tape 1 tonight. I had it loaned out to a friend for quite some time. I got it back today, so I did it! Fun!!! And TOUGH!!!!

Hollie

Powerstrike????

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-02 AT 09:02AM (Est)[/font][p]Ok, you got my attention! I've only been using Cathe for about 9 months--LOVE HER/HATE HER!!! But the way you are going on about powerstrike, I need to ask--where can I get more information????

Thanks, Ladies!

OOPS! Never mind, I found the website just by typing in www.powerstrikes.com. How easy was that? I am going to save my pennies! I need a few new tapes as I have a new goal & am really going to "kick it up a notch." Yes, I intended the pun!

RE: Lorax The Powerstike Paralegal

Hi again Cynthia!

I wish I had your schedule! Family law is the absolute pits. Supposedly we will be phasing it out of our practice but I'm not holding my breath.

I live in Merritt Island - small world, huh!? The mosquitos have been henious - the county usually send trucks around to spray but for some reason they haven't yet this year. But otherwise it's a great place to live, close to the beach!

Lorrie

RE: Powerstike Paralegals:Can I Join?

Yay Annette - you will be so glad you purchased!

I think Powerstrike Paralegals should be worldwide! I'm a southern transplant, born and raised right outside of Pittsburgh, PA and will always be a Damn Yankee (and proud of it!) :)

Lorrie

How much Impact?

I've been blessed with genetically bad knees. I've always treated them well in the types of training I've done over the last 25 yrs. but my mom's family had 8 knee replacements out of 11 sibs, now me and my sister who also works out pretty carefully on the knees I might add are having some pain. We have trouble getting our heart rates up by some workouts that are gentle on the knees. It's a real dilema! And I don't want to end up like my mom with a double knee replacement later. So when I do impact or step they feel all achey and tired at the end of the day like I need to sit down and can't go anymore. At 7P.M., at age 39!!! In my shape!!! The bone doc said patello-femoral syndrome. But I had bad vibes about every visit with him, I think it may be arthritis. Sorry to ramble but is there a lot of impact in these videos or not? I like Cardio Kicks but I modify it here and there and then I don't have a heart rate for a big part of it again.
Thanks for anyone who listened, Carmelle

RE: To Carmelle / Francosmom

Hi, Carmelle! I'm waiting for Powerstrike myself, so I don't have an answer to your question, but in terms of finding lower-impact stuff that's easier on the knees, have you given any thought to shallow-water and deep-water aerobics? I teach two classes per week (used to teach four per week but that got a little cumbersome) and in spite of aqua's rep as a low-INTENSITY as well as a low-impact exercise mode, I'm here to tell you you can get an AWESOME cardio and muscle endurance conditioning workout that's way easy on the knees when done right!

Let me know if you'd like more information!

Annette

RE: How much Impact?

Hi Carmelle! No, there is not much impact in these videos at all, but somehow they still manage to make me drip sweat all over the place! Although both workouts are similar in alot of ways, I think #1 is slightly harder on the knees b/c it contains a short lunge sequence, that's pretty tough in my opinion, also I'm fairly certain this one has jumping jacks at the end too, if I'm not mistaken. It seems #2 has slighty more kicks, but they're done at a speed that doesnt seem to stress the knees. My knees ache after doing Tae Bo just for a reference. Annette's suggestion of water-based workouts is a great one. Also you may want to consider, Margaret Richard's Getting Better or some of Charlene Prickett's tapes.

:) Stacy

RE: How much Impact?

Any higher impact moves in Powerstrike (jumping jacks or jump turns to change sides) can be easily modified to low impact. One thing to watch for , though, would be to not extend your leg fully. Concentrate on the pull back rather than the kick out to keep yourself from locking the knee.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.