Powerhour

cecil

Cathlete
What is everyones opinion on powerhour?? I just ordered it and already thinking about where to put it in my rotation. Is it alot like ME-better or harder or easier?? What about the music is that good? Any comments would be greatly appreciated! Thank-you
Lisa

Powerhour, like ME, is a high rep, moderate weight workout but that's pretty much where the similarities end. After the warm up it's one track per body part, choreographed very similarly to BodyPump. The lunge track in Powerhour is brutal, I lunge with dumbells (can't balance a barbell and my body at the same time) and usually end up putting them down before it's over (hate to admit it but it's true:+ ). The music isn't really memorable to me so I'll let someone else comment. It is a great workout, effective and fun, I taught BodyPump for years so I have a lot of workouts like this, that's the only reason I don't do it much. I bet you're gonna love it, it's a great way to mix up your full body workouts. I really miss getting new Cathe workouts, have fun with it and let us know what you think:)

Take Care
Laurie :)

Thank-you so much Laurie for responding!! This is the last Cathe DVD for me-unti the new ones!!! I now will have them all!! I am looking forward to it and I appreciate your response!! Have a great weekend!!!
Lisa

I love PH...good pointer tips throughout the tape, good burn in every muscle group worked, ability to start with lower weight and work up...just a really good total body, endurance workout.
Angela:7

I like PH because you have a few minutes between workouts to change weights and get ready for what's next. During this time, Cathe instructs you on proper form, too. It has great core work also. Some of the music is from Rhythmic step.

I like PH way more than ME, not sure why. I like ME - but PH has a fun factor to it. I really like the music and I love how the moves almost seem to be choreographed with the music at times (a rarity for weight work).

I do, however, love the abs section of ME so I often do that in lieu of the ab section from PH.

Just my two cents.

I like both PH and MIS and don't really think one is better than the other. I end up working hard and feeling the burn in both of these workouts. There are more sets for the exercises in MIS and you may be able to lift heavier on some of the exercises in MIS than you may be able to lift in PH. HTH!
Angela:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.