Power Hour DVD

lovebeingfit

I have been debating for a long time about getting the Power Hour/MIS/BM DVD and I see that it is on sale this week. Is it worth getting? I haven't gotten it because it is an older one and I am worried that I won't like it because of that. Any thoughts?

I think all three workouts on this one are excellent, and it's well worth the price!
IMO, it's not as dated feeling as some workouts (the earlier step workouts that are dated from the outfits and somewhat from the moves: though BMax--I just can't bring myself to abbreviate it as "BM"!--might have some sweatband action going on !).
Definintely look at clips of the workouts and see if you like them.

I think they are EXCELLENT strength workouts! All of them are challenging to me. Yes, there is def sweatband going on in Body Max. I recently did this one, and it is pretty similiar to Body Max 2 in the way it is grouped (Step, step circuit w/ legs, all upper body, abs).

I just did Power Hour yesterday. It is really tough! I don't find it dated at all. If you like high rep/low weight workouts, it's a good DVD to have. MIS and Body Max are very good too.

I differ in opinion to all previous posters. MIS is very dated and a somewhat unjoyous workout in which Cathe rarely smiles. Power Hour is much better but it is an endurance workout and so, if you already own the CTX and/or Muscle Max and Muscle Endurance, then you are simply duplicating and you are better of saving your money for future Cathe productions.

Clare

I really like Power Hour! I own a bootleg copy that I unknowingly purchased from eBay, so I just placed an order from Cathe.:)
Lesson learned....stay away from eBay..:mad:

I love Power Hour! I think this is one of my longest owned Cathe's.

Every time I do it, I am surprised at how tough it is. I think it stands the test of time and it never gets easier! I use pretty heavy weights though, so don't really consider it high rep/low weight.

PH is one of the few truly pure endurance workouts Cathe has ever done, and it's more fun and goes by faster than Muscle Endurance. Cathe is very upbeat and the music is great, IMO. If that's what you're looking for, I would buy it for that. I don't particularly recommend MIS, which I think is a bit dated and is missing the fun factor. I don't know much about BMax, as I've never actually done it.

I just did PH for the first time last week and really loved it. Body Max has been and still is one of my favorite workouts, but for the step and the circuits. I often do the STEP/circuit from BM1 and then the weight portion of BM2.

Pam

Would love to hear about the music on these - is it all instrumental? Any recognisable stuff?

PH and MIS are purely instrumental, nothing recognizable, and the PH music is way better than the MIS music.

Is this DVD worth that much money for one workout that stands the test of time?

Clare

I prefer to lift heavy so PH is not my favorite. The pace and the number of reps really gives it a cardio factor and when I lift, I lose my concentration with this type of workout.

Power Hour is an excellent workout and it is the only one of the group that I use on a regular basis (especially when I am doing an endurance rotation). You can save money by downloading just the Power Hour Workout.

I also much prefer the BM2 DVD to BM1

Thank you all so much for your responses. I think I have to agree with Clare. It seems like a lot of money for the one workout that I really want. PH is the one that really looks good to me and the others are just too dated. I think I will try the download option and just get that one. Thanks for the idea!

Thank you all so much for your responses. I think I have to agree with Clare. It seems like a lot of money for the one workout that I really want. PH is the one that really looks good to me and the others are just too dated. I think I will try the download option and just get that one. Thanks for the idea!

Great choice! Enjoy! I love PH, and have loved it for many years.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.