Posts/threads I don't read

toughYrun

Cathlete
When I see a post that is either all lower case or upper case letters, I don't read them. For some reason, it is difficult for me to read when proper capitalization is not used and I figure that the information contained within the post is not worth the effort it takes to get through it. Frankly, I don't understand why anyone types like that.....

Does anyone else have a hard time reading lower case posts, or is it just me?

Lol Elaine! It's actually a pet peeve of mine. Nothing is worse than reading a post that is completely caps. I feel like I am being screamed at. The same with no caps at all. That bugs me to no end. ;) I know of forums that will erase your posts if you do either of those. I don't like things being that legalistic, but sometimes I understand why they do it! ;)

Lol Elaine! It's actually a pet peeve of mine. Nothing is worse than reading a post that is completely caps. I feel like I am being screamed at. The same with no caps at all. That bugs me to no end. ;) I know of forums that will erase your posts if you do either of those. I don't like things being that legalistic, but sometimes I understand why they do it! ;)

THAT ALL CAPS WOULD BE YOU LITTLE MAMA-TO-BE! :eek:

Seriously I kind of feel that way too about not reading posts in all caps or all lowercase---but I'm a bit anal. I really HATE it when a typo makes it to a final post of mine.

Lol! Well, that was just the title of my thread, only 2 words not 2 paragraphs, and I was yelling! ;)

I think people lose a sense of etiquette (provided they have one) when typing. Now with the supposedly impending demise of handwriting I expect literacy skills will really go down the toidy.

I can live with them probably because I'm guilty of doing it :eek: Posts I do hate are the ones where someone is just "egging" on a fight and just trying to be nasty and mean.

I can live with them probably because I'm guilty of doing it :eek: Posts I do hate are the ones where someone is just "egging" on a fight and just trying to be nasty and mean.

There have been a number of those in the past few years and I think it has scared many away :eek:

I can live with them. I just can't read them! :)

I also don't like the posts that seem to be egging on fights or pointless debates and generally don't read them. They usually originate with people who have been around here long enough to know which side of an issue most of the other forum members are going to be in favor of. I pretty much already know who is going to say what and I'm never persuaded by the arguments of those I don't agree with.

I pretty much already know who is going to say what and I'm never persuaded by the arguments of those I don't agree with.

I totally agree! I think Beaves is right though a lot of new members get scared away and never come back because they fall into the trap. I know I did. I was a member years ago back in 2001 (I went by another name back then) when someone (who will remain unamed) ripped into me for disagreeing with her and I mean ripped into me. Cursed and called me all sorts of really mean and disgusting things. I had just found Cathe. I was loving her workouts and thought I found a place where I could talk to others about my love for fitness. My feelings were hurt so bad (I felt worse than when my family would call me fatso during the Holidays) I left the forums for a good long time. Then I found out that Cathe was coming out with the new Low Max, Body Max, and Drill Max series. I was glad I had the nerve to come back and ignore the person who, although I've never met wounded me so badly. Again I'm happy I did because I've gotten to know some great people here.

To be honest, I don't like titles that start with things that aren't descriptive like "Do you think..." or "What would you do if...". I can handle a little bit of lowercase but not uppercase but it's annoying when people don't even type their name right. I get picky at my niece and sister for that one!

All caps is harder for me to read than lower case, but I hate both.
Like you, I tend to not even read them.

Another thing that can often keep me from reading a post is when people don't split their message into readable chunks (online "paragraphs" should be much shorter than paragraphs in a book, to assure readability).

To be honest, I don't like titles that start with things that aren't descriptive like "Do you think..." or "What would you do if...". I can handle a little bit of lowercase but not uppercase but it's annoying when people don't even type their name right. I get picky at my niece and sister for that one!

I agree. Thankfully this forum will pop up the first part of the posting if you hover your cursor on the title so you can at least read the first sentence or so to find out the true topic.

Other forums that don't provide that feature really bother me.

I don't mind titles in all caps, but whole paragraphs? It's annoying.
Also, the uninformative lead ins you were talking about like "What do you think . . .," those I usually just put my cursor over the title and check what the beginning of the post reads. If it's interesting, I'll check it out, if not, I skip it! I like being able to preview the posts!

Boy, you guys are a tough crowd. I'm sure it was my post that sparked this -- I've started two recently in all lower case for the title -- to be honest, I didn't even realize it was going to show up that way. Sheesh.....

Boy, you guys are a tough crowd. I'm sure it was my post that sparked this -- I've started two recently in all lower case for the title -- to be honest, I didn't even realize it was going to show up that way. Sheesh.....

Someone is due for a wedgie ;)

Lol, I don't think anyone was offended by your lowercase title anymore than they were by my upper case one. Allow me to show you what we are talking about:

EVER SEEN A POST LIKE THIS THAT JUST GOES ON AND ON WITH NO PUNCTUATION AND NO PARAGRAPH DIVISIONS AND NO LOWER CASE LETTERS THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY BUT EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE YOU FIND ONE AND IT'S JUST HARD TO READ its also kind of hard to read something with absolutely no caps and no punctuation you never know where one line stops and the next begins it can be so annoying but depending on who wrote it you muddle through till you finally give up and move on anyone have a headache yet

Reading this I'm a bit :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Quite often I'm reading here while I'm nursing the baby (and a lot of times in the dark). It is hard enough to just type let alone capitalize/punctuate correctly when nursing in the dark typing 1-handed.

:eek::eek::eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.