Post-STS Strength program

rose2boys

Cathlete
Just curious what everyone is planning to do (or is already doing) after sts completion? I'm in the middle of Meso3 week 3; I did 5.5 month rotation. What's next???

i'd like some suggestions on what to do next, pref. a 30, 60 or 90 day program that's fun & allows me to utilize my strenght gains. then I'd like to do sts again (was hoping to incorporate sts cardio, but looks like that won't happen until end of the year).

TIA!

I too was curious what others were doing....but I'm doing 3 days running, 1 or 2 days of circuits (Drill Max, BM2, LIC) and then 1 or 2 days of weights (MM/PP/SS) for about 5-6 weeks and then I'm thinking the tower might be here and either do another rotation of STS or I might train for a 1/2 and do STS over again after I run the 1/2.....

I took a 2 week break with cardio and yoga/pilates and then started CLX. I am just at the end of the Burn cycle, taking a one week break and then will do the Push cycle. This is my first rotation with CLX and while I like it I miss STS. Cathe has a June rotation posted using STS and other Cathe w/o's and I had thought I might do the undulating rotation that was posted. Someone very kindly gave me CLX and so I am doing that. Check to see what Cathe posts for July.

i did cathe's june rotation, which was excellent and had a good mix of STS workouts from Meso 1.
I may do the July rotation as well and then start another STS cycle.

I just made a very similar post. I wasn't sure if I should continue with strength focus or switch to muscle endurance. I got one response from someone who continued with strength to take advantage of the gains already made. I am still in limbo trying to decide which direction to go.

Heather

I just made a very similar post. I wasn't sure if I should continue with strength focus or switch to muscle endurance. I got one response from someone who continued with strength to take advantage of the gains already made. I am still in limbo trying to decide which direction to go.

Heather

How about an undulation rotation to include some of both?

I've thought about that option. I was searching through some of the rotations that Cathe posts as well in hopes of finding one that struck my fancy LOL. I originally was thinking 2 full body and one circuit. But that's probably more endurance really.

I really liked the idea of STS in an undulating rotation, but want to give myself a break from STS workouts for at least a month.

How about an undulation rotation to include some of both?

After about a week or so after finishing the standard 3.5 month rotation, I started the undulating STS rotation that I learned about on the boards, I did 3 weeks, then went on vacation for a week, and just for something new, I wanted to try out my CLX workouts, but so far, I really dislike them, I stopped in the middle of Burn 2 today, and just did weights on my own, the Burn it off cardio dvd is ok, and I think I'll try out the Push phase DVD eventually, but I don't like the awkward compound moves in the Burn phase. I will pick back up with the undulating STS rotation after the holiday weekend.

After about a week or so after finishing the standard 3.5 month rotation, I started the undulating STS rotation that I learned about on the boards, I did 3 weeks, then went on vacation for a week, and just for something new, I wanted to try out my CLX workouts, but so far, I really dislike them, I stopped in the middle of Burn 2 today, and just did weights on my own, the Burn it off cardio dvd is ok, and I think I'll try out the Push phase DVD eventually, but I don't like the awkward compound moves in the Burn phase. I will pick back up with the undulating STS rotation after the holiday weekend.

I agree but I did continue on and finish the Burn phase. I liked the Burn Intervals and the Burn it Off better. I am going to continue on and do Push and then Lean. I don't think I will ever do the whole program again but would try their maintenance one. Those compound moves were definitely awkward!

I agree but I did continue on and finish the Burn phase. I liked the Burn Intervals and the Burn it Off better. I am going to continue on and do Push and then Lean. I don't think I will ever do the whole program again but would try their maintenance one. Those compound moves were definitely awkward!

Thanks for a little more insight on these, I will try out the Burn intervals too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.