Polar F11 question

4fitNphun

Cathlete
Hi

I just bought F11 to try it out, but it's not detecting any heart beat. I have wet the electrode areas on the strap under the running water, the strap is snug, the logo is upright and all that, the left side of the belt is clipped onto the left side of the transmitter and it still won't detect any beat. I have tried it numerous times.

Any suggestion? Thank you all very much in advance for your help.

Penny

Yup just what Phyllis said .

I've had my F11 for a little over three weeks now and it should start up as soon as you set it up and have both parts on.

Sounds like you did it correctly ... wetting the band etc. I'm guessing you pressed the exercise section and clicked ok to get it started.

Sometimes with mine, placing underrunning water is not enough. I was told by Polar that if that happens to submerse the strap in water before attaching either side to transmitter piece. So what I do is fill the sink with some water, place it under water for 1/2 a minute or so, then try to squeeze off the excess water and then put it on. I hate having to do that because my clothes end up dripping wet without even sweating, LOL.

Jean

I also have the F11. Mine immediately works too. I was glad b/c none of the machines ever detect my heartbeat with the hand things - and if they do, it is way too slow - so I am glad to have this thing! I wrote Polar and they responded quickly. There were already values in it for HR max, VO2 max, and something else, but they said it comes with preset values. Anyway, they got back to me quickly. Sorry this happened to you - I know you were excited to give it a try x(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.