PMS Patrol

swimnfit

Cathlete
Hi everyone!

I've been feeling a bit punchy today since it's TTOM (we all know how that can be! well...at least most of us!) and thought there must be someone out there to share my misery.

What bugs me most when I get PMS is that I start bumping into things. And dropping things. And tripping over things. It's really very annoying. I'll be walking down a hallway and enter a room and run into the door knob and bang my arm! How dumb is that? Or the worst is being in a store and knocking over a display. Yep, that's me. You know, I think that if I just lost some weight I wouldn't run into things so much. If I get smaller, my house automatically gets bigger, right?

So what happens to you when you get PMS?

All gripes are welcome!

Thanks all for listening to me vent a little :)

Nicole

LOL! Great topic Nicole!

I get angry! Really angry...about absolutely nothing! I also feel fat and dumpy. My XSO tells me I'm sullen, moody (I'll cry at the drop of a hat), argumentative and edgy. It usually only lasts 3-4 days, then I'm back to normal. But during that PMS time, look out! }(

Becky

I just get crabby. I hate to say klutziness is just part of me ;) Over the weekend I dropped a Yankee Candle in the store - DOH!! I felt like such an idiot.

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

I eat an enormous amount of food and I also get clumsy, wonder why that is. I will drop things and run into things too. I also just sit there waiting on DH to say something so I can snap his neck. He steers clear. He also knows he is in danger of losing a hand if he gets isn't quick when we order chili cheese fries during this time. Funny, all this happened last Friday and Saturday. When we were driving to the restaurant, he put in some music I absolutely detest and have no tolerance for when I'm in this mood. We had some words, mostly mine!! I finally told him the CD was coming out the player and going out the window if he didn't get it out. Needless to say, it was a fun evening for all.x(

Oh, BTW I am better now. I've let him back in the house.;)

When I pms take me to the nearest DQ. I eat anything in site! That is bad enough but I am also a total b*tch!! I am being totally honest with you. My dh and kids know to stay away until my skin turns to its natural color in my face! And I see someone that I already don't like, oh! that is double trouble. they better keep their distance! He! He! Gosh I must sound aweful. Only for one week, the rest I am a little teddy bear!

kim

Well, my SO doesn't call me "Suezilla" at certain times of the month for nothing!}( Aside from the irrational rants and raves (they seem okay to me...), I get an incredibly sleepy feeling for a few days. I'm a bit clumsy also Nicole, I just thought someone was moving furniture around to play tricks on me...

Sue

Besides the physical - bloating and boobage tenderness - I get edgy and angry over the littlest things. I'll get pissy at DH and sit there raging in silence, thinking things like "I hate how his eyebrows grow - how could I have married a man with such stupid eyebrows?" I also get very sensitive to noise - the sound of the kitchen cupboards slamming or DH's heavy work shoes being clunked to the floor drives me insane (or MORE insane, LOL).

Allison

About a week before,I get super grumpy.And every single time I can never figure out why I am so grumpy.I also usually end up with a bad day in there somewhere as well.Where I am knocking over things but its usually bags of sugar or anything hard to clean up.
Lori:)

Moody, hungry to the point of wanting to eat everything in site...and I don't just mean cravings, I get those too, I mean HUNGER. Then once it starts I get bad cramps to go along with it. It's evil I tell ya!

Oh I have a good mix of symptoms ... sugar cravings, wicked cramps, headaches, soooooo tired, and my new "nickname" is bar..crab (a not so nice "twist" on my last name ...!)...so yes, I get moody too!
Cath :)

I've been called "Sybil" several times by various people I know:7 . Like most of you...Eating everything in sight, moodiness, headaches etc. It's a horrible vicious cycle that I have to deal with every month.

Well I have it right now! On top of that, my day has been weird. Can't get the key out of my car ignition. Running my DD to school because she waved at her friend. Her friend thinks that means "bye bye" and takes off. Get home and power cuts off. Then I have to listen to this siren from hell from somewhere!!!ANYTHING ELSE????? LOL! Oh, last night no one thought of shutting the windows in the sunroom so there were puddles in there when I got home. RRRRRRRR!!!!!
So I curled with 45lbs again 12 times straight!!!

So TTOM I usually just get angry. The noise level seems to increase 10 fold for some reason. Everything is loud and annoying to me. Cramps are not an issue for me anymore. I get the cravings too like I did last night. Fortunately for me, I was so distracted by annoying things that I forgot what I was craving and went to bed.

Charlotte~~

When I read the subject line, it made me think of Shelley, ahhhhh! :D
Clumsy, sullen, tearful, ill-tempered, irritable, bloated, put-upon and self-pitying all can apply, yes. AND I can turn my head 360 degrees but I DO NOT spew anything, pea soup or otherwise, except perhaps naggy complaints about being treated like the maid or how slobby my family can be, including my husband, who THINKS he's neat. It makes me think of the scene in Pee Wee's Big Adventure when he's walking in the rain, looking for his lost bike and becomes surrounded by bullies. I do believe he sort of hisses at them. That's me when PMSY, dangerous and evil with skinny legs and a Buddha-like belly but not a single other Zen-like quality to be found. I do like that, being really scary, because most of the time, I am quite mellow and it reminds everyone that we all have a dark side and women get to explore it each month quite naturally. Mmmm hmm, uh huh, oh yeah....
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver

Are you sure that's not schizophrenia, Shelley? Just asking, mind you. I know you are in one of the PMS stages, Pre, Peri or Post, so I ain't messing with you, I swear. But I thought you should know there are meds for that. :D

Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver

Ladies!! There are numerous natural alternatives to "normalizing" your hormones!! Natural progesterone being one of them!

I haven't had PMS in the 2 years I've been using it...Good thing, too...Used to get cramps so bad I'd be over the porcelin (spelling) God for 2 days, and the week before that?? I was mega B@t@h from heck! Broke out horribly that week, too...

MJ

I am the Queen of Clumsy...dropping things, running my body into anything that might hurt or bruise...and cry....over something, over nothing, doesn't matter - I'll just start bawling;( then for whatever twisted reason, during my period I get way horny }( and my SO does not want ANYTHING to do with me at that time x( and I get WAY pissed off! It's definitely a cruel joke...who's laughing?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.