Plyo Floors?

Ok!!!!

IMAX 3 today on the Pavis (for the first time...)

Felt great! Even the Air Jacks, the Step Jacks and the Jump Tucks! Light as air...

:D :D :D

Chris.

I received my invoice from StageStep the day after I ordered my AerSquare (order placed on 4/30). The shipping was 15 dollars. On Friday I received the plyo challenge video (VHS so I can't use it/review it unfortunately, but it is produced by Greg Twombly) in a small Fedex ground envelope. The plyo mat came later in the day, but that particular delivery required a signature and unfortunately, I missed the FedEx guy. So, hopefully I'll get the mat on Monday.

StageStep was really nice customer service wise, I emailed them for a tracking number when I received my invoice and they responded very quickly.

I wonder if all these aerobic flooring companies have noticed an uptick in people looking for home flooring with us Catheites preparing for STS? :)

Thanks a lot. I wondered if the workout would be on vhs since they said video instead of dvd. I have both so will check it out. If I like it and want it on dvd I can dub it over with my dvd/vhs recorder player. I thought it was odd when I finished my purchase that there was no shipping added and then I saw in the e mail that it would be added when charged. Was a little worried.

I bet they do have an upsurge of sales. I know we had our wood flooring installed in our office and the guys could not name a place here in Oklahoma to get the right kind of flooring when dh asked.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I received my Aersquare today!!! So here's a quick review on it...

Background: I'm an intermediate level exerciser who was seeking a plyo floor that could easily be rolled up and stored (I have very limited space so I can't do pavi tiles or options that require a permanent installation). I ordered the Aersquare, which is a 40"x40" black memory foam mat that is approximately 5/8 of an inch thick. The mat is roughly the same width as the full size step, to give you a mental picture. I placed my step on top of the mat in such a way that there was more mat to the inside of the step so I could get a better feel for the difference the mat made. Step Max was the workout I used since there is a variety of both plyo and low impact moves.

The Good: Holy smokes, if the Aersquare helps this much, I can't imagine what the Pavi tiles and higher end floors do for relieving joint stress. I could definitely tell a big difference between using the side of the step with the mat and doing the same moves on the non padded surface. The Aersquare significantly reduced the feeling of stress on my ankles and knees and made doing jumping jacks and power 8's on a carpeted concrete floor much more comfortable. The velcro strips on the back also kept the mat in place on the carpet during my whole workout. After the workout, the mat rolled up into a compact tube that slid right under my bed.

The Bad: The Aersquare only comes in one size, and it's just a little too small to cover the space needed for a step workout. I placed an order for a second mat immediately after I finished Step Max so I can be sure to have ample room to work in. Another thing I noticed was that the mat was kind of stinky when I took it out of the package, probably from manufacturing chemicals. But I just sprayed and wiped it down with a little Febreeze and haven't noticed anything since.

>I received my Aersquare today!!! So here's a quick review on
>it...
>
>Background: I'm an intermediate level exerciser who was
>seeking a plyo floor that could easily be rolled up and stored
>(I have very limited space so I can't do pavi tiles or options
>that require a permanent installation). I ordered the
>Aersquare, which is a 40"x40" black memory foam mat that is
>approximately 5/8 of an inch thick. The mat is roughly the
>same width as the full size step, to give you a mental
>picture. I placed my step on top of the mat in such a way
>that there was more mat to the inside of the step so I could
>get a better feel for the difference the mat made. Step Max
>was the workout I used since there is a variety of both plyo
>and low impact moves.
>
>The Good: Holy smokes, if the Aersquare helps this much, I
>can't imagine what the Pavi tiles and higher end floors do for
>relieving joint stress. I could definitely tell a big
>difference between using the side of the step with the mat and
>doing the same moves on the non padded surface. The Aersquare
>significantly reduced the feeling of stress on my ankles and
>knees and made doing jumping jacks and power 8's on a carpeted
>concrete floor much more comfortable. The velcro strips on
>the back also kept the mat in place on the carpet during my
>whole workout. After the workout, the mat rolled up into a
>compact tube that slid right under my bed.
>
>The Bad: The Aersquare only comes in one size, and it's just
>a little too small to cover the space needed for a step
>workout. I placed an order for a second mat immediately after
>I finished Step Max so I can be sure to have ample room to
>work in. Another thing I noticed was that the mat was kind of
>stinky when I took it out of the package, probably from
>manufacturing chemicals. But I just sprayed and wiped it down
>with a little Febreeze and haven't noticed anything since.
>
>
>
Thanks lilinurse for your review on Aersquare :D
I'm glad to hear there is something effective that can be picked up and put away quickly.I think the smallest I could get by with would be an 8' x 8' area of these mats by purchasing 4 and putting them in a square. So, for $240 + s&h, that doesn't seem too bad!

My wish list keeps expanding! I bought STS. I want: Troy Lite BB set, Pace Weights or Platemates, Adjustable Weighted Vest, Push Pull Tower, and now these mats! I think that is about $700! I will keep wishing ;-)

linda

I got my Mat from Stage Step. They lowered the price to $50.00 and sent me all 3 vhs tapes. The Kickbox one is lead by Keli Roberts. It just came today so I put a tape in and jumped around on it. It is pretty good. I would guess it at more like 3/8 inch thick. It has more spring to it than the mats I have been using and yes you can slide and turn on it. It is textured on one side and has velcro so it will stay put on most surfaces. I tried it on the wood floor and and it stays in place. Wish it was bigger though.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Chris –Your gym is awesome! I have the paviGym flooring however it is on cement so it is not as joint friendly to me as I thought it would be. I love the idea of putting puzzle mats underneath the paviGym. Does it slip at all?

Plyoholic – How do you like the bouncee tiles?

What are better bouncee tiles or puzzle mats? I spent quite a bit on the paviGym flooring that I can’t afford to get the wrong mat to go underneath it. But right now I cannot do any plyo moves or I have joint pain (mainly one knee). I know that I just need a little more cushion for the landing and then I will be fine. HELP!

Hi Abbygail!

Thanks for your kind words!
I noticed one thing: There was a puzzlemat which was thicker than the rest (less used I guess) and was in the middle of my workout floor. PaviGym, being quite heavy and thin takes the shape of the floor underneath, so it couldn't fit on it and flat out uniformly sticking to the whole floor. So, with a lot of plyos and pivots it used to slide to the direction where I have about 10 inches of gap. As soon as I moved the thicker puzzlemat to the side (outside the PaviGym space) I stopped having this problem and the 9 Pavi squares stay firmly in place.

As for your question, since Pavi has great energy return and is quite expensive, I'd go for the cheaper solution for the underlying mats.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

Hi Chris,
Yes it does. I am glad to hear that the puzzlemats do not move or pull apart when you do pivots and/or plyos. This is so great place to come and share your reviews of items you have purchased and how they actually function. Thank you so much for sharing.

I am going to get the puzzlemats and put them under my PaviGym mats (I really do like the PaviGym mats). Where did you purchase the puzzlemats as there are far too many sites?

Thanks for your invaluable information. This will prevent me from another expensive purchase that doesn’t work for me.

I live in Greece, so I really can't help you with places to buy puzzlemats. Mine are 1 inch thick and they cost me about $35 for each mat (3ft x 3ft). I've had them for quite sometime before I managed to find a PaviGym importer here in Greece.

I suppose all puzzlemats are the same since there is no real "science" behind them...;)
And they won't compromise the Pavi's effectiveness - as long as they do not have a smooth surface, that would make the Pavis slide... :)
So, go for a cheap seller. Although, I believe that many people here can give you better advice on places that sell them.

Cheers,
Chris.

Hi Chris and thank you! I did not realize you lived in Greece. The suggestion to make sure the puzzlemats are NOT smooth was a great suggestion. I actually did not think of that. Most are not but a few I looked at were.

Thanks,

Just an FYI the Pavigym tiles are on sale right now. If you order on line it is $53.29 per tile instead of the $61.90. I ordered it from Kevin Walsh at Kiefer Floors to get this discount from him.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.