Please Stop This Trend!

1gruntgal

Cathlete
Why are pegged jeans coming back? Is Katie Holmes trying to start that single-handedly? I just saw a picture of Sarah Jessica Parker w/her jeans rolled too! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
That is all! Carry on!

Help me out here...I'm over 45!! What are pegged jeans? I just buy whatever fits the best! :)

Last edited:
Lynne, do you mean skinny jeans? Well, this is year two, along w/the ridiculous leggings.

Personally I don't think anyone over the age of 18 should wear either. But that's just my opinion. :)

It's tucking them in & rolling them up like we did in the 80s! Ack!
sarah_jessica_parker2.jpg

Why are pegged jeans coming back? Is Katie Holmes trying to start that single-handedly? I just saw a picture of Sarah Jessica Parker w/her jeans rolled too! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
That is all! Carry on!

Ah, yes. But she forgot the colored slouchy socks to match her shirt. Or 2 pair, one for each color in her shirt. I miss Jr. High:p:p

Nan

When I was in Paris this summer, there were a few people wearing jeans like this, BUT they were very neatly folded up, not sloppily rolled up like in the photo. It actually looked kind of cool.

Did the 80's totally skip some of you all's? How could you NOT remember peg legs! OMG, I could NEVER get them rolled right! It was just the most horrible trend ever. I really hope it's resurgence dies a quick death!

Did the 80's totally skip some of you all's? How could you NOT remember peg legs! OMG, I could NEVER get them rolled right! It was just the most horrible trend ever. I really hope it's resurgence dies a quick death!

You are too young to remember the 80s :eek:

LOL! Well, I went to private school and we were at least 5 years behind on everything, so even in the early 90's we were still stuck in the late 80's! I was a "kid" in the 80's though (turned 12 in 1990) ;) with 3 older sisters, so I remember!

A...sorry folks, but pegged jeans were all the rage in the 1960's!! ;)

And yes, I pegged my jeans, and they weren't considered tight enough unless you had to hold onto something while someone else pulled them off. :eek:

I love the look personally, they are called "boyfriend jeans" and i have gone so far as to buy a pair..yep, I went there. I never did this in the 80's...don't remember it...I did do leggings though...they can still look cute under skirts and stuff right?

I must have missed the 80's because I don't remember them. My dad wears his pants like that but when we go out in public I unroll them. I guess my 85 year old dad is more hip than I am! :eek:

It's not just rolling the bottoms of your pants up. ;) To do the peg correctly, you actually pinch the one side of the bottom of the pant leg and fold it over on itself and then roll it up. If you do it correctly, it it super tight around the bottom of your leg. I could never get it right. ;)

Now, I have to say Michele is so not old enough to remember the 60s!!! ;)

Dear God this is the worst trend EVER to come back!

I was willing to overlook leggings and leg warmers...but NO PEGGED JEANS!
Of course, I don't own any of this stuff anyway. It's on the list of things that I'll just ignore and it'll go away again.

I remember you had to have them rolled TIGHT! And then you had the slouch socks, as someone else mentioned. OR, remember the lacy tights/leggings that you wore underneath them?
It's only a matter of time...

It's not just rolling the bottoms of your pants up. ;) To do the peg correctly, you actually pinch the one side of the bottom of the pant leg and fold it over on itself and then roll it up. If you do it correctly, it it super tight around the bottom of your leg. I could never get it right. ;)

Now, I have to say Michele is so not old enough to remember the 60s!!! ;)

Yep, I sooo remember having the hardest time with that!!

Hi,

Just piping in here to say that DD and I went shopping over the weekend. She couldn't stop laughing at the new leggings with the long sweaters! (Macy's) Damn ugly!!! She said you have to 6ft tall with a bony structure to pull that one off! Try doubling them up and you look as big as a house! She is 22 and hates the new styles...past (slut look)and present!

I hope I didn't offend.... ;) just our opinon here.

Ok.....back to work
Heidi

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.