Please Share What Has Worked For You With Leaning Out Your Legs

RE: Please Share What Has Worked For You With Leaning O...

Quote: "cannot cook any "real" food like rice"

Have you tried Uncle Ben's Instant Brown Rice. You can cook it in the microwave.

I don't eat meat either. You can add protein to your diet from beans, nuts, soy products, cottage cheese, and protein powders.

I would agree with the other posters that diet is very important -- eating enough protein and eating foods in their most natural state make a huge difference. I have seen positive changes since I've added more protein to my diet.

Do you eat fish? Fish in the canned food isle is great for protein. I get tuna, salmon, and sardines. Also, you know yourself best as far as limitations and what you won't give up. You have already given up a lot of things that are hard to rid of so good for you! In the grand scheme of things, a caramel is better than a cigarette. Melissa

>Leanness Lifestyle (www.leannesslifestyle.com). I went from
>about 25% bodyfat to my current 14.5% bodyfat and have
>maintained it for 2 1/2 years. I also run (just did a half
>marathon on 9/18) and have a full marathon on 11/20.
>
>Kathy

Congrats! Kathy you look wonderful! I must say though your bottom half was already thin in your before pictures too!

Good luck with the marathon!!!

:)

I'm pretty sure I'm getting enough protein. I met with the Dietician at work and she says between my low fat cheese, low fat yogurt, almonds and cereal, I'm getting plenty.

I guess I just need the idea of giving up my sugar fix a while to "sit right" with me. As I said above, I've given up so many things already. I once told a doctor that when she asked me to give up caffeine (d/t stomach problems) and she said "Well, you had a lot of bad habits". Geez!!

I am not a dietician, but I thought I would throw this is, when I did Body For Life, good old Bill Phillips counts yogurt and beans as carbs not protein, also, a lot of cheese does not have a lot of protein per ounce besides cottage cheese. I am just telling you what I have learned from one source, there are a lot of carbs in your diet. Whatever, this means, who knows. Everyone has a different opinion. By the way, I won't give up milk or caffeine, we only live once, so I'll have my coffee and cups of milk now and eat like a hog on my cheat day. Melissa

Lorajc, you sound like you're doing alright already. Too bad about having to give up the caffeine. Do you drink decaf coffee? It can taste really good. I have an addictive personality too, and a bad sweet tooth. I have the awful habit of falling asleep at night with a Ricola in my mouth, and my dentist just rolls her eyes, but I can't stop.

I highly recommend going to see a nutritionist. You go once or twice and that's it. Mine wrote down everything I needed to know as she told it to me, and I still follow her notes. She gave me an eating plan that was based on my own preferences and that I love and gives me more energy and makes me feel better. Many here have heard me say many times that it was the best money I ever spent. It wasn't a radical diet change, but it made a big difference.

-Nancy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.