Please Help!

I am so discouraged! I am recovering from the worst bout of flu I've ever had! It started out as a cold, I kept working out, ignoring it. I ended up with a fever of 102 for about 3 days - so sick I could not get up to go to the docs. It ended up as pneumonia, and obviously, I can't work out. I couldn't do anything for 2 weeks, and now I'm doing short walks, some light aerobic exercise (about 20 mins). Doc said that I could get back to working out as normal next week. My dilemma is this - I was to begin week 4 of Meso cycle 2 before I got sick. Do I pick up where I left off, or should I start the program all over again? I want to get the most out of it, and I can definitely tell that I've lost some of that strength that I gained because let's face it, it's been almost 4 weeks. It's depressing, but would welcome some advice on how to proceed. Thank you so much!

Please relax dthomforde...no worries, you are going to be just fine! Yes, the flu knocks the heck out of you and you may feel VERY weak after your first workout as a result. Here is my best advice. Don't come back to working out until you are fully recovered (outside of a lingering sniffle but no heavy coughing). Do Meso 2 week three again with a conservative weight and longer rest periods when needed. If you feel wiped out then repeat week 3 again . But, if you feel by the end of week 3 you are finding your groove, move on to week 4 of Meso #2 at your normal weight. Take Care!

I am so discouraged! I am recovering from the worst bout of flu I've ever had! It started out as a cold, I kept working out, ignoring it. I ended up with a fever of 102 for about 3 days - so sick I could not get up to go to the docs. It ended up as pneumonia, and obviously, I can't work out. I couldn't do anything for 2 weeks, and now I'm doing short walks, some light aerobic exercise (about 20 mins). Doc said that I could get back to working out as normal next week. My dilemma is this - I was to begin week 4 of Meso cycle 2 before I got sick. Do I pick up where I left off, or should I start the program all over again? I want to get the most out of it, and I can definitely tell that I've lost some of that strength that I gained because let's face it, it's been almost 4 weeks. It's depressing, but would welcome some advice on how to proceed. Thank you so much!

My Hero

Thank you so much for replying Cathe. You are totally awesome - my hero. I talk about you all of the time with my work buddies, trying to get them on the STS bandwagon! Anyway, I'm going to give it a shot again on Monday! Have a nice Easter.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.