Please help.....my clothes don't fit!!!!!

You are doing way too much cardio, both in terms of quantity and intensity. Like the others here, I'll chime in and say you absolutely need a rest day OR TWO every 7 days (preferably non-consecutive days). Among other issues, overdoing cardio stimulates the production of cortisol, a hormone which can really promote the retention of fat stores. Plus, you're just plain burning your body out.

You also need to start proper lifting, with a goal toward heavier weights that stimulate both functional strength and muscle mass development. The benefits of heavy, purposive lifting are too numerous to list here.

I'm Annette Q. Aquajock and I approved this message.

You're probably too young for this aspect, but something similar happened to me earlier this year. I developed a sudden round gut and went up over 150 lb. (my normal weight is 145 and I'm 5' 9"). Blood tests turned up nothing, and my estrogen level was borderline. But I just KNEW it had to do with perimenopause, so I found and started taking a phytonutrient called DIM-Plus. In only 2 weeks, I had lost the gut and fallen below 150.

I'm new to Cathe and had been a veteran of the Firm for 5 years. Now I'm re-motivated into building strength (recently was able to do toe pushups for the first time EVER), doing step for aerobic, and keeping everything trim. At almost 49, I've never looked better or felt so great. Hang in there. You'll find the solution.
Susan G

I'm also having trouble with my weight here lately and wonder if it could be hormones. I'll be 42 next month and I've gained like 5-7 pounds in the last 4-6 months. It is driving me insane. I've never had this problem before and I can't stand it. My husband just tells that I'm getting older and that is what happens. I told him I don't accept that excuse at all. I have always said that I will not let myself get fat just because I'm getting older. I'm starting a new eating plan today to see if this will work because I know my eating is not the best. I've never really had to worry about my eating before and so this is really difficult for me. I am determined, however, to lose this extra weight. I'm also adding in more interval cardio workouts to my rotation starting this week and I'm walking in the evenings with my dog. I have a very very sedentary job as a med transcriptionist and I sit for probably 10 hours a day. I think I need the extra walking in the evenings to make up for this. Hopefully making these changes will help. My biggest obstacle will be diet, but I'm going to try really hard.

I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and when it flares up my stomach can look very bloated to the point that I need to undo my trousers. Even though it obviously isn't fat, it does make me FEEL fat. I would suggest a visit to your doctor.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.