Personal Question

purple_magada

Cathlete
I hope that this isn't too personal of a question. After you had your baby, when did your menstral cycle return? With my first son, I breastfed and my cycle returned about 4 months postpartum. This time, breastfeeding did not work out for us. I nursed him for 2 months but he has been on formula since. He's about 3.5 months now. I am in no way wishing for my cycle to start up, just wondering when to expect it.

Also, are any of you experiencing hair loss after having your baby? My hair comes out in clumps, I can't believe that I"m not bald by now. This happened with baby #1 too.

I was wondering where you were. Good to see you.

With #1, about 4 months (and i'll always remember where I was- in the courthouse in Hannibal, Missouri, the historic home of Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer). #2 was about 3.5 months. With this baby, now 2.5 months, I think it's coming very soon. I think I was ovulating this week, even though I'm still breastfeeding. There goes the theory that exclusive BF suppresses ovulation. Not even close.

And my hair is falling out all over the place. Huge clumps, and my scalp itches. It is so gross.

kristan

Baby #1: 5 1/2 months
Baby #2: 4 1/2 months

and yes, my hair came out like crazy for the few months after delivery. I guess while pregnant, the hair really holds on, so after giving birth all that falls out and makes up for it.

Lisa

My menstrual cycle started again almost seven months later. We were camping (sleeping in our boat) and "it" happened. We were visiting with a friend of my husbands, who also had a boat. That morning (since we were totally unfamiliar with the area) my dh and his friend has do go to the store for me and get my "womanly" things. hahahaha
My hair always falls out, clumps too sometimes. Since becoming pregnant, it's stopped. I hope it doesn’t fall out again after the baby is born.
Susan C.M.
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://bd.lilypie.com/elmYm5.png[/img][/link]

I got my period back when my first was 13 months. My current baby is 6 months, and not period yet. I have breastfed both.

Yes, the same thing happened to my hair. I think it is normal (unless all of your hair falls out, then see a doc :+ ).

Hi Dana,

With baby #1 (exclusively breast fed), I think my cycle resumed around 7 months after - which is when she had started eating a good amount of solids. I'm now 17 weeks post-partum with #2, again exclusively breastfeeding, and no period yet.

The hair-loss is very normal, from what I've read, but I didn't experience it with either of my kids. My hair definitely thickened up during my pregnancies, but all that extra hair must have come out more gradually after the pregnancy, so that I didn't notice it.

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi Dana,
Hope everything is going well with you and your baby. I nursed Brooke for about 8 weeks (well, pumping mostly) now she's 3 1/2 months and I JUST had my first period this week. It was about what it was before pregnancy. It lasted about 3 days and that was it.

Personal Question? Here I was expecting something really 'personal'...this isn't bad at all. ;)

I don't remember with my first one, but with Justin my period came back around 12-13 mos...when I decreased nursing to bedtime. I got one period, then I became pg with baby Jadon!

**Melanie**
23lbs lost 10lbs to go

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94
" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Hagan is only 2 3/4 months but I have not had a menstrual cycle yet. I am exclusively breastfeeding. My SIL who breastfeed each of her three at least one year never got her cycle until she completely weaned them. I can only hope. Can I add something though? I have had so much discharge since he was born that I am still using pantiliners. It is driving me nuts.

My hair used to always fall out in clumps when I wash it or run my fingers through it but stopped falling out while I was pregnant. I was miserable because my hair is thick anyway and it was really thick while I was pregnant. Just this week it started coming out in clumps again and I am thrilled!

As long as I am nursing, I do not have periods, so mine usually come back at around 18 months or so.

Maggie:)

Maggie, That sounds great! Everyone should be so lucky!

Melanie, How weird that everything between our toddler and baby is the same! I got my period back after Max when he was 13 months old. Then I also had one period and became preg again. And our two are spaced the same - 22.5 months!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.