Personal August Challenge

I hate to even say how my week is going. I am going strong everyday since the moment my eyes open until I fall asleep. There has been no down time and NO time for a workout.

On the plus side, my mom has come home from the rehab center. She is in a wheelchair. The ortho surgeons office is paying out of their pocket for 9 hours a week of home help. The help will do anything from scrubbing floors, bathrooms, laundry, etc. I believe that they are hoping we do not sue them. There is some debate if they caused the fracture of the femur. And of course then they wouldn't listen to my mom and said she just had a groin pull and they made her walk on her leg in rehab. Mom is so very happy to be home again.

On my DH's side, I think he has had two quick meals since Monday. He comes home tomorrow and I think he is going to just fall over. I have been providing phone and computer support for him and his brother each day. His brother has started to call me Abby like in NCIS. DH has moved heaven and earth this week. His mother was still fighting on the assisted living center, waffling back and forth. Her dementia was really, really bad this week. I don't know why but he put me on the phone with his mom and she got pretty good again. After she got off the phone with me she said she wanted to move into the center. He literally got her and her furniture moved in in one day before she could change back. I swear that there were 400 forms to fill out. I was working with the center as much as possible to free up DH. The center is just beautiful, it is really like a 5 star hotel. And the people are lovely. She will be well taken care of. His brother who we have been working with this week will be flying out next week to finish up items. And then I will be going down at the end of the month. I will be in charge of purging and cleaning the house. We need to be able to get it on the market. In Florida, you want it on the market in the fall for snowbirds. DH's other brother is coming home from the hospital today. His cousin who lives there will be back Saturday. So we will rotate through for a month and try to get things done and her settled.

I hope that on Saturday I can have time to workout again. I should be able to have two weeks.

Wow, you certainly have a lot going on. But, you seem to be handling it well.

Yesterday, I did most of Party Step Rock 1 on an 8 inch step. So, fun and challenging. Last night, I did Rock Out Knock Out.

Today, I did Party Step Rock 1 on the 6 inch cause I was tired. I can hardly wait to step on the scale Monday morning.

Change of plans again. DH will be coming home today and I will be shipping out on Monday for a couple of weeks.

Keep up the good work Shereta. I expect to hear good things when I come back.

Alright Laura. Take care, Girl.

So, yesterday, I did PSR1 on the 6in. It was still fun but I was glad I didn't have to push myself. Last night, I walked on the treadmill for 45 min. I kept a nice pace of 3.5. Today, I did ICE Boot camp and core 1. I feel pretty good, but I know having lights out by 9pm last night helped me get the rest I needed.

So that's it for week two. I have lost about 5lbs, but my legs, arms and back look so toned. I've really been focusing on fruits, veggies, lean protein, greek yogurt and good fats.. I've had a little candy here and there, but I'm not counting calories and nothing after 6:15 pm. That's what all the professionals keep saying so that's what I'm doing. And a lot of water.

I've really enjoyed the straight cardio of PSR1 at the gym during the weekday mornings, so I might do all that again next week. We''ll see...

Today's am workout was .......you guessed it - PSR1 on 6 in. My sinuses are backed up causing severe headache and pressure. I tried to sleep it off, but when I woke up, it was still there. So, I worked out anyway and off to work I came. I took different meds and the pressure is subsiding, but my nose is still running. Oh well.

Will post pm workout later.

Yesterday's pm workout was house cleaning! lol. Glad I got it done.

Today I did a kickbox workout. On tap for tonight - one of ICE 28- 30 min hiits.

Yesterday's pm workout was house cleaning and ironing. I got 3500 more steps in so that counts!

This am, I did Supercuts at the Gym. Man, that wore me out. I loved it!

This am I did PowerStep at the gym. It was really fun and tough. I couldn't do all the thursters - I had to walk some instead of jumping back.

tonight will be upper body and treadmill!

Today, I did a Funky hip-hop dance dvd at the gym. A few times I had to laugh at myself. I really liked and got over 4000 steps in 32 min. tonight will be a short HiiT workout.

Yesterday, I was so tired. I did ICE Metabolic training and walked/ran 2 miles on treadmill. I was exhausted. I did not take a nap or take in more caffeine. But, I did over eat. :( oh well. I'm down about 5 pounds. I'll be glad when this is over. But, I've only had a few mishaps, so I'm doing really good. And, honestly, it's my challenge. I don't have to finish it if I think it's too much. lol

Today, I ran about 2 miles on treadmill, but walked to warm up and cool down. Then I walked for 30 minutes at lunch time. Tonight I will do upper body , but I'll stretch my legs out really good. I'm really feeling good. I'm glad I'm challenging myself like this. I don't feel over tasked at all. But I have to remember I was doing 60 minutes workouts before my new job, so I wasn't sedentary then.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.