Personal August Challenge

gonnabea5

Cathlete
Hello All,

I've decided to really ramp up my workouts for the month of August. Over the past four months I've gained weight, gained inches and my endurance level has gone way down. Since starting my new job in March, I've had to cut my AM workouts in half and even on Saturday, I don't have the energy to go past 40 minutes. I just feel like if I tighten up my schedule and routine, I can make progress in those three areas.

I workout 5 days in the gym doing various 30-35 minute workouts on demand. They even have a few Cathe workouts. So, now I will add a 30-40 minute workout in the evenings on M, T, Th, and Fr.

I eat pretty healthy most of the time and get enough rest. I will tighten those areas up as well. The plan is also to listen to my body and take extra rest days as needed, so some evenings, I may just walk. Some PM workouts may just focus on lower body, upper body, core, or cardio. So, they all won't be all-out tough cardio.

It's only a month long challenge and my last day will be Sept 1st (16 days before my 51st bday!).

I will post here to keep myself accountable and hopefully see some encouragement from you all.

Got to the gym this morning, and they've had a video update. Cathe's Supercuts has been added to their list. So I did about 3/4 of it.

Shereta,

I'll check in with you. Long time Cathlete here, but have fallen off the wagon here for the last few months. My mom had to have a hip replacement, then she broke the femur on that leg, then a revised hip replacement with plates and screws to hold the femur together. I've been handling her care along with my dad and it has been stressful. AT the same time my mother in law needs to be moved into assisted living and her financials straightened out, my brother in law has cancer, and my other brother in law just lost his job. So with all the stress, lack of sleep (and I have chronic insomnia to begin with), my diet has slipped, my exercise has become non existent, I have gained a bunch of weight and really I have been taking care of everyone else but me. I had already decided that I needed to get back on track this month, so I'm up for your challenge.

I started today with the cardio blast mix of body max 2 (I think it is 56 min). My HRM battery went out, so I just used this as a baseline to see how it felt. I actually didn't lose as much cardio endurance as I thought.

Supercuts is such a goody. Good job.

Hi Laura, and welcome. Wow, you sure do have a lot going on, but kudos to you for working on self with all of that going on. Actually, you'll be better off making time for yourself. You are inspiring me!

So, today's workouts were (am) most of SuperCuts and (pm) Step Moves. I thought I'd just walk on the dreadmill for 30 minutes but I was so tired earlier that I had a small frappachino and im still a little high from the extra caffeine. I had a fruit right after that and now I'm heading to bed. I can already feel and see a difference. I'm so happy with myself that I'm doing this month long challenge. Not sure what I'm doing at the gym tomorrow.

Two workouts today, I did Cathe Live, Get Steppin and Step On It. I had to pause between combos and add in extra back stretches (I have a chronic back issue). It was really acting up. Eating has been on point the last two days.

Good job on your workout. Keep at it.

Two Cathe Live workouts again today, Step Sweat and Rock It Sock It. I again modified both to low impact and added in extra stretches. Eating has been on track.

Have a great day!

Great job, Laura! You are really working it!

Today, I did 3/4 of Party Step Rock #1 at the gym and just finished Chiseled UB and core 1. wow. what a day! over 15000 steps already. Will probably have some applesauce before I go to bed. Good night All.

Today I did a premix on ICE LI Sweat where you do both cardio 1 & 2 twice.

Shereta, I love both PRS DVD's. I was hoping for another step DVD when Cathe announced her new series.

Good job on your workouts.

Hey Laura. You're hanging tough, Girl. KIP!

Today's workouts were Power Step (34 min) at the gym and just finished To the Mat. I KNOW I will be feeling my hips and glutes tomorrow.

I may do PRS #2 tomorrow after LI Sweat - if I can move my legs!

Today's workouts were LI Sweat and most of PSR 1. Man, I was so tired but felt so accomplished. My triceps are sore from Chiseled UB from Thur PM. So, happy that tomorrow I just want to get my 10000 steps in.

I weighed in this am and I'm down about 3.5 for the week and feeling stronger and definitely more flexible. I did have more caffeine today so I would have energy to everything done that I do on Saturdays. I have over-eaten today by design. I cannot be all work and no play. I will tightened back up tomorrow and get fully back on the wagon on Monday.

Hard to believe I am not sore from To the Mat last night - wow. maybe DOMS will show up tomorrow like my triceps' pain from Thursday. I didn't feel that yesterday. hmmmmm.

Today I did Low Impact Circuit Lower Body 2x (except warmup/stretch). I was going to do something else for the second workout, but my back was feeling good during this so I just stuck with this one. And I like the music.

I woke up with some glute DOMS from LI Sweat yesterday. Must have been squatting pretty good. Eating has been on track. I never weigh myself, I go by how my clothes fit, and it is too soon to notice. By the end of this month, I should be able to notice, I hope.

Great job on your workouts, Shereta. Great job on your weight loss. 3.5 is excellent! Make sure to go back on that wagon, you are doing great.

oh Yeah, Laura. I always get back on Monday. The struggle not doing too much damage on the weekend. But, that weight loss has really motivated me. Also, my legs, back and waist look toned up. I always do more cardio than weights, but my body need weight work or good toning stuff. So, i plan on doing more of that. This week was good - I got chiseled ub and to the mat done. Next week, I will add more boot camps and split workouts in.

THe second part of LI Sweat is a beast. She was killing me on that step.

Todays workouts were PSR1 at the gym and Lean Legs and Abs . This one is in the series without a name. I don't like that. I wish all her series had a specific name. Oh well. I did enjoy lean legs and abs better than to the mat. But variety is a good thing.

Last edited:
I know, I never know what to call that series either. Been super busy with trying fixing my MIL financials and getting her to move into assisted living. Hoping to find some time tomorrow to work out. It would be a great stress relief at this time.

Great job on your workouts.

Today I did Body Max 2. Still super busy between my mom and getting her out of rehab and home (she has finally been cleared to go home after her 2nd hip replacement surgery) and my DH with his mom. I had really severe DOMS for a couple of days. Today I was finally back to normal. Just had to take two days off to rest. Finally got a decent night's sleep last night. Eating hasn't been too bad, but not completely on track either.

Have a great day!

Oh, Laura, I love BM2. The step part is so much fun. Glad everything is working out with your family.

Two great workouts today. PSR1 (AGAIN!) at the gym and HiiT upper body circuit this evening. I really watched my food intake today cause I really over ate this past weekend.

Only one workout on wednesday's and tomorrow I will do PSR1 on 8 in step for as long as I can to burn more calories. I've done that a few times before and it was a true thigh workout. I will modify as needed and I just plan to have fun with it.

PSR1 on the 8inch step was hard! I really enjoyed it. I came off a couple of times to let the legs get a rest or catch my breath. It was exhilarating. I'm gonna do it again tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.