Persistance paying off towards last 5 lbs..

Cosmo Mom

Cathlete
Hey,
Just wanted to share my little success with you about healthy eating (and working out). I've been persistent about trying to lose the last 5 lbs (which is Mt. Everest to me). I've tracked my weight in Workout manager for the last year. My heaviest was 132, my lowest 128. My goal is 125 lbs.

At beginning of November I weighed in at 128 and right now I'm at 126.5. (Yes I'm taking the .5!!) I'm so happy to see results finally!

My eatings habits I've been incorporating (I eat about 1600 calories daily):
Breakfast -

1)Steel cut oats (plain or w/fruit added, sometimes flaxseed or wheat germ)

2) Eggbeater Omelets (w/any veggie and some cheese - not alot of cheese), bread if desired.

Lunch-
I eat about anything - salads, smoothies, turkey, veggies, Lean Cuisine for lazy days

Dinner - A variety of what you like - just portion control! Always have veggies whether fresh/frozen. The biggest think I've been incorporating is fish once or twice/week. My family is not fish-eaters (nor was I), so I just have the fish when they are eating something that's not the healthiest choice for me.

Snackage - try figs, dates for something different. I eat almonds, lo-fat crackers, pretzels - something for filling me up. Of course, I do the string cheese/celery/veggie thing - even a little of low-fat ranch to dress it up.
I add wheat germ or flaxseed to my evening yogurt. It FILLS you up.

Alcohol... wine.. Yes, I like it, but rationing, especially on weekends. I find it really helps out when I workout the next day! ;)

I'm good about drinking enough water, and a variety of green teas.

So I've been really good about fueling myself for my workouts. I am able to push myself to succeed in many workouts where I would have pooped out before.

Oh yeah, hydrate!!

Congrats, Cheryl! Good work. I'm right where you were..... trying to get them off. It's especially tough this time of year, but I'm going to keep your success in mind as inspiration. Thanks!

Cheryl, that's so great! I'm right in the same ballpark that you were, and still struggling with getting the scale to budge. What workouts do you do, and how often?

Me too!

Those last few (5-10?), I'm not really counting now, thinking the workouts will take me lower over the next few months :p

Way to go on the eating plan, looks great, I had to work the fish in regularly & keep fruit right on the counter, easy access!
Occaisional beer, or wine, we hardly have though except for holidays!

Thanks for posting your success Cosmo Mom!

Linda:)

Hey, thanks for "resurrecting" my post!! That was on 11/25 so I was a little surprised to see a responses. Thankfully, right now I'm doing okay with weight. In February I took two vacations and one was a cruise. I had gotten down to 125 before that and then I gained 3 lbs! Now I'm at 126 so that's not bad since I was sick in March with a cold.

Anyway... for workouts...before that vacation I was at the end of Meso 2, but not finished. When I came back I just knew my strength wasn't where it should be. So for March I tried some weights, some cardio, but I wasn't getting back in my groove (yep it happens a few times a year unfortunately). So, yesterday I started up with Meso 1 and I feel like I have some structure again.

This is probably my 4th time doing the STS series. Unfortunately, I don't look like Cathe and the crew...but if I definitely feel accomplished with these workouts.

Here's a shocker too- the other day I did the 10-10-10 workout and it was killing me cardio-wise. I thought wow - cuz I never do those workouts unless I want a "cheat" day. ha ha. Don't ever get rid of those lovely VHS tapes! They come in handy and keep you accountable:rolleyes:

Enjoy the weather - we're getting the bikes out today!!!

Hi Cheryl!

Great reminder about the food for me! I was getting a little paranoid about one rest week, thinking I was going to gain a few, after months of hard work, I didn't want to blow it!

I'm working up to more advanced workouts & rotations, haven't felt this good in a long time! I read if you don't stick with the cardio you'll slowly start to lose it, so with all this variety, I hope to keep it in there!

Good for you on the 4-time STS, and gettin' your groove back!

Enjoy the bike ride! :)
Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.