Pentagenarians & Beyond: week beginning 8/12

Good morning ladies!

We are on the Cape. We flew back on Sunday then headed straight for the Cape. The service was beautiful and very emotional. It was an amazing celebration of her life. She was cremated and I know this might sound odd to some but all us kids are taking some ashes and placing them in a special spot. I am placing them on my my mom’s grave so they truly can be together. I think they both would like this.

Yesterday was the first time I did an actual workout out since Thursday and it felt great. We did swim in the indoor pool on Sunday and Monday so I did get something in. I of course brought my bellicon, light weights and bands so I will have plenty of good workouts I can do. Going to do try to do Cathe’s most recent Fit Tower workout without a fit tower and a little bouncing. Tody we are going to drive and follow a map for the sand sculptures. There are about 30 of them all over town. We had fun last year doing this and will stop along the way for lunch and ice-cream

Judy...your home must look like a completely different place. I love sage paint. Nice choice. Great barbell. You will get a lot of use out of that.

Diane Sue...I am not crazy on step workouts but I did like the looks of that raw workout. Perhaps I will wait on it since it is not so knee friendly! Hope your knees are feeling less sore. Technology is wonderful, but boy it can mess with you! Glad you were able to get it going. My new Iphone has been freezing a lot lately and it is really starting to annoy me.

Carolyn...I tried Party Rockin 2 only once and that was that. I never opened the 1st one. I must have sold them because I have not seen them in a while!

Valerie...great idea to make the lime juice and freeze. I am going to start doing this. I have bought lime juice in a bottle from time to time but do not like the added stuff in it and hardly used it.

Hi to Deb!

Have a great day all.

Lori hope you have a good vacation. I don't think that is strange at all. spreading ashes in favorite spots seems way better to me than leaving them sit in a box somewhere.

I have a food processor attachment that does a whole bag of limes in a few minutes. I wash and cut in half while DH runs them thru the reamer device. takes only a short time to do a couple dozen limes. I am set for the year. I usually plane off some peel too and store that separately. the juice is just like fresh squeezed and right there in a freezer bag. it takes about 2 days for the juice to freeze solid and even when frozen for weeks is still OK to cut a piece off a corner if you need a teaspoon of juice. Lori I agree, lime juice and lemon juice from a bottle always tastes off to me.

I had an interesting experience with some truvia sweetener. it is erythritol and stevia. I used one envelope on raspberries several mornings in a row. my bladder went into fits! pain, cramping and muscle spasms. it was very dramatic not subtle at all. very unpleasant. it started suddenly this weekend, and did not act like an infection. it was the only unusual thing I ate. I had a different problem with truvia before. apparently I am very sensitive to one of those ingredients. I started thinking about it yesterday. I rarely use artificial sweetener but I had a box of this and tried it on the tart raspberries. I didn't see any warnings about it and it's considered safe. besides, one tiny envelope in a day? it must not be more than half a teaspoon and some of it is sucrose. this was not a cupful! at any rate, I think that was it because I am much better today. I used a sprinkle of brown sugar this morning instead.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Athletic cardio and barbell, 32 minutes, 199 calories, heart rate average 119, max 156, 1,820 steps. I believe she is using around a 25# barbell. I used 30# throughout. I then did Cathe Booty Max Live, 54 minutes, 255 calories, heart rate average 109, max 140, 1,580 steps. I didn't care for this, not the most knee friendly workout. I keep looking for a lower body workout on live that is not high rep, pulses or cardio blasts mixed in. It stopped right on the last round of exercises. I tried to get it back and ended up finishing on my own. So, I did Coffey Fit Raw stretch, 29 minutes, 54 calories. Total time was 1 hr 54 minutes, 508 calories. Map My Fitness had Booty Max at 319 calories.
Coffey Fit Raw Athletic cardio is cardio alternated with barbell 40 on 20 off timed. I liked it. It does some olympic lifting style as well as things like bench press.
Booty Max uses a high step with 3 risers, barbell at 25# and later 45# and mostly 8, 12, and 15# dumbbells
There are 4 rounds 3 exercises repeated twice
rnd 1
barbell squat - Cathe 25# I used 35# high reps singles and low end pulses
static lunge 15# dbs 16 reps
side to side lunges 10# Cathe 12# dbs me
repeat
rnd 2 step ups on high step 3 risers 12# dbs 16 reps
plie barbell squats 25# Cathe 35# me first round 30# second singles and low ends high reps
leg and abbduction front swing 8# db high step 3 risers 16 reps
repeat
rnd 3(increase barbell to 40 or 45#)
high step 1 riser 12# dbs push dip 16 reps then 2 sets of 7 pulses
diagonal front lunges 12# dbs 16 reps
barbell deadlifts 45# barbell count changes but I think it is 14 or 16 reps
repeat
rnd 4
drop squats with high step and 3 risers 16 reps
barbell deadlift wide stance 45# again I think 14 and maybe 15 reps
crossback lunges 16 reps the 2 sets of 7 pulses
I missed most of the second round so did it on my own as it stopped during the last set of deadlifts. I noticed that when I tried to start again and it stopped there was some alternating crossback lunges on the second set that I missed.

Lori, the Coffey Fit Live Step is pretty knee friendly and not much impact. You must be thinking of the Cathe Live Power Step that I mentioned. Loads of jumping power moves pushing off. I am amazed my knee was fine this morning. Your time at the cape sounds like a nice getaway. The idea of sprinkling the ashes on your mother's grave is a good one. I don't think I am out of the woods yet on figuring out my tablet. It let me type this morning, but still has the warning and it gets hot. The battery ran down super fast today. That never happens during a workout. When I went through things it seems there is some stuff in the keyboard section that says it is in use, but I can't click on the button, as it won't let me. I may have to break down and do a factory reset. I know I can get my Google drive stuff back, but I have a lot on it. I can take the sd card out of it. I did not want to have to do that.

Valerie, I should check and see if they have a juicing attachment for the kitchenaid. I freeze some lemon and lime peel in small containers too. It makes the work later a lot nicer and nice to have it available. Most stevia sweeteners have erythitol in them. It gives me terrible stomach issues. Lots of cramping. My tolerance for it is not good. I have some just straight stevia powder and liquid drops that I use occasionally. I think the erythitol is a lot sweeter and that is why they throw it in.

Today I did Cardio Leg Blast which was 50 minutes and 319 calories burned. My average heart rate was 126 and maximum heart rate was 155. I did 9 of the 12 rounds.

Judy, good job with Build and Burn Upper Body Supersets. I really like that workout. The t grip barbell looks very interesting. I wish they had a video showing someone using it.

Lori, I’m sure that you will enjoy your time at the Cape.

Valerie, I am sensitive to erythritol too and I don’t like Splenda. I am cautious with the sugar alcohols, but can tolerate them in small amounts. I read that they might cause cramping and diarrhea in some people.

Diane Sue, nice workouts today. The Live Booty Max sounds similar to a Cathe workout that I did recently, but I don’t remember which one. It’s good to know which moves to avoid. I like cardio blasts included in the lower body workouts.

Hello to Deb.

Good morning, or should I say afternoon?

We got back late last night. A problem with the plane in Chicago, made us have to sit on the plane for almost 3 hours before take off. Otherwise the trip was really nice. The wedding was beautiful, being outside, with wonderful weather. oh, forgot to mention, I broke a toe while there, so a lot of limping around for me. It was not good with all the walking in the airports yesterday.

I am trying to catch up, on posts, I may start from this week.

Valerie, what part of Seattle are you in? We didn;t have any rain when we were there, other than a few sprinkles right before the wedding, then the sun came out and stayed out all the rest of the day. This was pretty far north of Seattle...about 45 minutes from a resort called Semiahomoo which is in Blaine. We did notice a little haze on Monday when we were returning to Seattle. I have to say, you are very brave for putting up with the traffic. It was pretty bad, no matter where we went. Only in Blaine was it normal.

Judy, I take it, it is the color on the left? It looks like a taupe or tan/brown? There is a green on the right side? That bar looks interesting. Is it just one weight ( like our Body Bars) or can you add plates to it?

Diane Sue, I hope you got the transmission issue resolved. I may find that you did in a later post.

Lori, it sounds like a wonderful service and tribute to Madeline. Not odd that you are all sharing her ashes.

Carolyn, good job on Party Rock'n Step. I am not crazy about Cathe's Step workouts, I never even looked at either of the Party Rock;n step ones. Like Lori, I may have sold them too, I don't remember LOL.

We did our regular trail ride 2 hrs 15 min 26 miles. it was OK, although the air is still very hazy but does not smell like smoke today.

Deb so glad you had a good trip. we are right off I-5 near Arlington. between Everett and Mt Vernon. You must have gone by if you took I-5. How did you manage to break a toe?? did you just have to buddy tape it and let it heal? and 3 hours sitting on the tarmac? you are pretty forgiving.
When DH and I moved here ( not together ) in early '70's traffic was nothing. and that was in Seattle itself. It was a great place to live and lovely. to say things have changed for the worst is a a serious understatement. when I think about all the places we'd go without worry it is hard to imagine now. Traffic dictates just about everything. the problem is too many people crammed together and no room to expand freeways to accommodate them. more and more high rises bringing more people. we call it "LA with rain. " even driving from seattle to Portland is awful a good part of the way now. Usually the visibility and air quality are much better than this past week. A lot of traffic comes south from Canada to shop at Costco and outlet malls.
we have a nice house on 5 wooded acres that is still pleasant but the traffic is the first thing to consider when going anywhere. even in "off hours" I first check the WSDOT map and the twitter feed. there are no places to put more roads so what exists gets worse by the week with no end in sight. I think there is a chance it will get so bad we will move to MT permanently.

I am hoping all it is was a bad reaction to the truvia. it has erythritol, stevia and sucrose. used one tiny single serving packet. I will not use it again. GI upset is probably related to the erythritol but this is not what happened to me. it was after breakfast that it occurred to me that maybe the truvia was causing this issue. I read that most erythritol is eliminated thru the bladder and that was where the problem was. Wow! unpleasant. I very rarely use artificial sweetener and don't drink diet soda etc. I will use regular sugar. the amount I use is insignificant.

Last edited:
Reactions: WD
Carolyn-I found a video showing the t grip bar:

Deb-I'm sorry about your toe. It's too bad you had to sit on the plane for 3 hours too. I bet you are glad to be home. The color is the one on the left. It's a sage green but it looks kind of brown in the photo. You can add plates to the bar. The ones that came with the Troy Lite bar work.

Lori-I think it was a wonderful idea to share Madeline's ashes and to put them in special places.
Our condo is really starting to look different. I hope we can continue and get everything done by early next year.

Valerie-that sounds like a horrible experience with the truvia. I haven't used that one before and I think I'll stay away from it. I've never had a problem with stevia but I haven't used erythritol.

Diane Sue-Great workouts today! Nice weights too!

Reactions: WD
Good news is that the Range Rover issue is something they already worked on and we won't have to pay for it this time. I have been messing with my Galaxy Note Pro all afternoon trying to get it to work right. I cleared all of the cache and deleted more apps and right now the built in key board is working. We, will see how it is next time I shut down and turn it back on. Every time I try to follow the instructions for getting to the restore setting and clear cache partition it goes to Oden mode and gives me a don't turn off downloading message. The only way I have been able to get out is shut it down again. It is getting pretty frustrating. It did recharge fairly quickly (like 2 hours) after almost completely draining during workout. It usually lasts me all day, so I am not liking it. I use it more than my computer.

Carolyn, I sometimes like to have my cardio and strength work separate. I don't think that I will get as much muscle gain in the lower body with all of that cardio attached to it. I realize many women want to slim the area. I am 114 # and need to build up the skinny legs a bit. So many of the workouts are bootcamp, circuits, etc. on the live workouts. I think I am going to do Upper Body Trisets live next.

Deb, good to see you back. It has rained here almost every day for the last 5 days. It is so humid when I walk outside. Oh, no on the toe. I think my toe was broken when we were on vacation in Jamaica once. I hobbled around all over the place it hurt so bad. Funny thing was, I got a massage and the woman pulled on my toes and it felt like it popped and I swear she broke it. That was the last massage I ever got. Next time my husband went for a massage, I got a facial instead.

Judy, thanks for the video of the bar. It seems the grip on that bar would be something I would like. My barbell that came from Beach Body is thicker with padding than my other barbells. It makes my thumb joint ache when wrapped around it with very much weight.

Valerie, I eat very little sugar too and when I have sweet stuff it is generally honey or maple syrup and once in awhile sugar. I ordered some Julian bakery Beef protein powder in vanilla nut and if it didn't have so much stevia in it I would like it a lot. It is so sweet I made an iced coffee with it and kept adding more coffee and coconut milk as I drank it to try to dilute the sweet. It didn't work and I was happy when I was done drinking it.

Judy, thanks for the video clip. That bar looks like it would work for me.

Diane Sue, I’m glad that the vehicle problem is resolved without additional expense. I am one of those people who needs the cardio benefit with lower body blasts. I try to do straight lower body strength work also. I don’t think I ever weighed 114 even as a child! I skipped right over that weight :).

Good morning,

No workout yesterday. Between the hip and broken toe, I feel broken. Physical therapy tomorrow morning. I hope whatever he tells me to do starts to help in some way.

Valerie, I am glad you figured out what it was. That is a very strange reaction. We must have passed your exit on I-5 many times. That seems like the only road we were on the whole trip. Stupid thing to brake my toe, at my SIL's, I was going upstairs to the bedroom in the dark and she had some kind of metal box on the landing that I couldn't see. I went to turn to go up the stairs and hit my foot on the corner of the box. At about the 2 hours mark, they said anyone that wanted to get off the plane could, but stick around the gate. We chose to stay on. Then they said we were going to change planes, but had to wait for one to come in to use. People came back on and started to get their stuff, but they announced that we weren't going to change planes, that they were going to fix this one. It was about another hour for that fix. Seattle and surrounding areas are lovely, and I can see why someone would want to move there years ago, but not now.

Judy, that bar looks interesting. I need to look into the benefits that they say it has over a regular straight bar. You can't have too many weight bars right? :).

Diane Sue, that's great that you won't have to pay any additional $$ for the Range Rover to be fixed, but has to be very frustrating that it was not fixed right to begin with. Is there any tech support you can call about your Samsung tablet problem? Wow, a massage person breaking your toe...that had to be one major hard massage! I did get a facial at the spa at the resort..LOL.

Carolyn, LOL :).

Hi to Lori,

Take care,

Good morning ladies,

I enjoyed the recent live Fit Tower workout and was fine using it with out the FT. It worked well with the weight selection I brought. It only used 3, 5 and 8lbs which is exactly what I brought. I also used 2.5lbs ankle weights. When I have my trampoline I just flip to the side and use as the barre. I used the closet dowel to wrap the band around for the sit up pulls. I could see doing this workout with all bands instead of weights. Going to keep this in mind when I have no weights. The upper portion really worked you. After this I did some free style bouncing for a bit then later in the day we went swimming.

We had a little bit of rain in the morning yesterday so we decided to do the sand sculpture tour today. beautuful here today. Other than yesterday morning the weather has been perfect. The forecast was terrible before we left so we have been pleasantly pleased!

Judy...that bar looks great and so versitle. Can’t wait to hear how you like it.

Deb...welcome back. I can’t imagine traveling with your sore hip and then a broken toe on top of it. Were you able to use a wheel chair? I think I may have. 3 hour wait on the plane! That is insane. PT starts today? Good to get going on that and be able to put this behind you. Do toes heal quickly? Hoping yes.

Diane Sue...oh yes, I see now, it was the Cathe Power Step. I will have to look at the booty max. I do not remember previewing it. I have had to do a master reset on my ipad before and it solved the problem I was having. I back everything up to the cloud so was easy to get everything back. Hoping you can save everthing on your sim card. Good news on the car!

Valerie...who would have thought a little envelope would do that. Good you figured this out quickly. I could never deal with traffic like that on a day to day basis. Do you ever get used to it? Nice ride!

Carolyn...I love cardio blasts with lower strength. I am one that needs to always do things to slim my legs! Cardio Leg Blast is a favorite of mine. I loved when it came up in a rotation.

Just edited because I saw that I combined commets for Valerie on to Judy’s commemts. Hate when I do that! Lol!

Have a great day all!

Deb I hope PT can get you going on some things to improve your hip situation. This has sure been a long haul with the hip discomfort!. toes at least heal pretty quickly. Lots of times you “buddy tape “ the toe to the one next to it to help support it. Depends on the toe and overall foot shape since you want to be able to wear shoes so you don’t smack it again.

Deb it was so beautiful here. DH and I went everywhere and hiked and backpacked and enjoyed the national parks and the water. the last 5 years have been especially difficult. seeing places we used to enjoy, often alone, get absolutely overrun with hordes of disrespectful people. it has been difficult. then the traffic. OMG. I used to drive & fly everywhere for my job and it would be impossible now. 20-30 min drives have turned into 90 minutes and there are seldom alternate routes.

I am also someone who vaguely remembers passing 114 pounds sometime around 7th grade and never coming close again. My whole family is bulky... big bones and muscle. I am small compared to every one else and I am not that small. nothing I ever did changed my legs one iota.
I am lucky to figure out the erythritol/stevia business. It was the only out of ordinary thing I ate. I got a box of very tart berries.... sweetening them with no calories seemed like a good idea. so I remembered when I used it, and remembered when I got the unpleasant cramping. definitely something to avoid.

We mt biked this morning, about 2 hours. it was nice but we are getting tired of doing the same ride all the time. starting to feel like the same workout over and over again. the traffic

Last edited:
This morning I took my grandson to his first day back to school and came back to do a quick workout. I need to run some errands since I have my car for awhile and then come back and wait for them to call me to pick me up to get the Range Rover which should be done today. I did Crush It Low Impact Live , 36 minutes, 200 calories, Fit Bit, 233 Map My Fitness, heart rate average 133, max 173, 2,681 steps. I will come back and read your posts in awhile.

This morning I did Pyramid Upper Body. That was 70 minutes and 295 calories burned. My average heart rate was 109 and maximum heart rate was 156. My upper body is well worked today!

Deb, sometimes it seems like every thing is going wrong and you can’t catch a break. I’m glad that you enjoyed your trip anyway. I’m sure that the PT will help with your hip.

Lori, I’m always surprised at how effective band workouts can be. I wondered if you were having decent weather during your vacation. It seems that the rain is never ending.

Diane Sue, it’s good that you could get a quick workout done this morning considering your busy schedule.

Hello to Judy and Valerie. Have a nice afternoon everyone.

It ended up being a non stop unexpected day. After I took my grandson to school I did the one workout and hit the bank. Thinking I really would have liked to go to Walmart while by it, but came home in case they called with the car. Sat down to have a protein drink and pay some bills and work on my tablet again when things changed. My daughter called at two and said she got a last minute teaching job and she needed to go to the school asap. School starts tomorrow. I ended up having the children, then she notified me that my granddaughter had a meet the teacher day at the intermediate school. So, I took her at 5. This is the first time in a public school for her since kindergarten. She is 10. This is real new for her with lockers and going from class to class. I am glad I took her and we went through the path from class to class and saw all of her teacher. My other daughter had come by to pick up her son's things and stayed with the younger brother and her and her husband made dinner for all of us :) Anyway, I am just finally able to sit down. Oh, and at 3:00 they called with the Range Rover and came and picked me and the two grandchildren up to take us back to the auto shop to get the key and paperwork. Next problem with that is the seat adjustment buttons are not working. Hoping to figure that out on our own. Hoping it is not a computer system thing as it sets seat preferences.

Deb, I have worked with tech people over the phone and on internet chat with my Samsung phone. I got the most help through e-mail help and figuring things out on my own. Actually Verizon has a lot more tutorials and help stuff on their website than Samsung or AT&T. I used to have a couch with a wooden leg that stuck out in the middle at an odd angle and I hit my toe on it more than once where it swelled up terribly bad. I had that happen to one of my children as well. I never missed that part of the couch. I ran the storm door over my toe when cleaning the glass a couple of days ago and cut it really bad. I was surprised as much as it bled that I was able to workout the next day. I hope the PT can help quickly.

Lori, I think I was just not in the mood for that type of workout when I did the last Fit Tower Workout. Good for you using ankle weights. I thought of you and doing that when I did it. I also though of the loop band for some of it. I have liked most of the Fit Tower workouts. I didn't even look to see what she did today. I am not great with tech work and the cloud. I figure my Google drive stuff will be salvageable. I can take the sd card out that contains things like pictures, Cathe User Guides and workouts, etc.. Also, I have put medical history in the Evernote and a new note pad color app that I got the color note pad syncs with my cell phone as well so info would still be there. Kindle stuff will still be there. I could probably salvage most things. I also saved contacts to my sd card. A lot of things are also backed up to my Samsung account. It just might take me a bit to figure out how to get it back.

Valerie, I came from a family of women that tended to have tiny legs for some reason. Even if they carried weight in the upper body. Not one of the women or men on my mother's side of the family were very heavy. My aunt that is still alive is tiny. Short skinny and strong. She is the one I told you ladies about that travels around with her RV and pulling a car all over the place. Busy all of the time. I don't think my mother ever weighed over 129. I got larger bones an a bit broader across the shoulders from my Dad's side. Kind of a mix of both sides. I can't lose any more weight than I am now or I am way too thin. A couple of months ago I was 122 and staying there for quite awhile. I do get fluff around my middle and outer thighs though if I am not careful. It is dependent on diet. IF I were you I would stay away from any of the stuff with Erythitol in it since you had that big of a reaction. It happens to me with Xylitol sweetener as well. As many hours of biking and hiking and stuff that you do all of the time I would think you wouldn't have to worry that much. You are really careful of what you eat. It sounds like the quiet more rural areas are being closed in on by more people. Too bad they are disrespectful and take away from the enjoyment.

Carolyn, Pyramid upper is a good workout. I bet you did feel worked well.

Good morning,

No workouts for me until I see what the physical therapist recommends, and till this toe heals. Even a warm up is painful.

Lori, I viewed the latest LIVE Fit Tower workout and it looks like a good one. No wheelchair, just a lot of limping and hobbling. Good we didn;t have to run to any place to catch a flight etc. Not sure how long it takes for a toe to heal, I have had at least 3 others, plus a dislocated one. That was the easiest, the person just snapped it back into place.

Valerie, yep, buddy taped it. I feel for you and your DH. At least you have somewhere to go when it gets worse. My brother-in-law says he is not sure if they will stay in Seattle. He thinks it will be unbearable in the next 10 years.

Diane Sue, wow, back to school already? Kids here go back in September. Crush It Low Impact is one of my favorite LIVE workouts. Have you tried the one called "Move It" yet? Seat adjustments not working? What would change that? I think you may want to consider trading this vehicle in!!!

Carolyn, the Pyramids are great workouts. I wish she would do a LIVE one.

Hi to Judy,

Take care,

Today I did Cathe Live Toasted upper body trisets, 58 minutes, heart rate 106 average, 150 max, 959 steps, 256 calories, met 4.0. I then did Coffey Fit Raw stretch, 28 minutes, 62 calories. This is a favorite. 318 calories, 86 minutes.
Toasted upper tri-sets 3 exercises in 3 rnds 8 reps unless indicated each bodypart
BICEPS-Traditional hammer curls Cathe weights 15,12,10 my weights 17.5, 15,12dbs
W curls Cathe 15,12,10 dbs me 17.5, 15,12
hammer curls Cathe 15,12, 10 dbs me 17.5, 15,12 dbs
TRICEPS- standing overhead extension Cathe 12, 10,8 dbs my weight 1 25# db all sets
lying extensions Cathe 10's me 15# dbs
BACK- 1 arm row Cathe 2 15#dbs held together me 35# db all three rnds
lying pull over Cathe 15# dbs held together me 30# db all three rnds
standing rear fly- Cathe 12# dbs me 15# dbs
CHEST- flys Cathe 15#dbs, me 17.5, 15,15 dbs
push ups 8 reps each round
2 close grip 2 bench press counts 1 rep followed by singles changes up adding 4 bonus bench press on round 2 and 3 Cathe 15# dbs me 17.5# dbs rnd 1, 15# dbs 2 and 3
SHOULDERS- overhead press Cathe 15# dbs (she sort of leaves this up to the individual) I used 15# as well
lateral raise Cathe 8# dbs me 10# dbs all rnds
front raise Cathe 15# db me 17.5# db
CORE/Abs mat and 5# dbs 3 moves 3 rounds
monster walks 10 reps
5# weights held in front lying legs lift center side center side counts 1 rep 5 times
plank hip dips 10 reps

Deb, I hope the break is good for you. I am sorry you are having so much pain. Believe me we have thought of replacing the vehicle. We would be so over the top on cost though. It is in consideration though. We will see.

Today I did JS’ HiiT Walk from the 30 Day Plan. That was 30 minutes and 208 calories burned. My average heart rate was 126 and maximum heart rate was 156. I usd my 1.5# gloves during this workout. I followed up with Nadia Narain Flow Yoga for Strength and Stability for an additional 21 minutes and 47 calories.

Deb, I am so sorry that you are in such pain. School started here August 6 for most districts. Some started August 2nd. The first day of school here used to be around August 25, but has gotten much earlier over the years. One reason is that school districts added a fall break in October.

Diane Sue, great job with Live Toasted Upper Body and Coffeyfit Raw stretch. I hope the school year gets off to a good start for your granddaughter. Public school will be quite a change for her.

Hello to Lori, Judy, and Valerie.

Debbie, I forgot to mention that yes I did do the Move it workout. I liked that one too. I do am going to search and see if I can get an idea for why the seats buttons won't work. I am hoping maybe a wire is loose or something. It is odd, it just suddenly decided not to work. Usually the drivers seat automatically moves into position. I have to adjust because we never set it for me.

I spent the afternoon messing with the tablet again. It doesn't seem to be letting me do a hard reset. I did it once and it just kept saying shutting down for 2 hours. It was getting hot so I shut it down. When I turned it back on my stuff was all still there. So, I went back to try again. Maybe I should let it go like that longer this time. When it booted back up after I shut it down it still had the process system not responding message on screen. I took the sd card out before I started.
My daughter usually has all of her lesson plans set up well ahead of time for school. She had my grandchildren's plans set and my 10 year old granddaughter had already started after a month off during the summer. She usually worked it around so she could have a full month at Christmas time. She said her first day back went well. She will be back up there over the weekend trying to get her classroom together. Teachers spend a lot of their off hours working on lesson plans and answering emails from parents etc..

Carolyn, our schools have always started mid August. School gets out in May. We also have a fall break in October.

Good morning,

The PT was good. No exercises yet. He said I have acute hip bursitis and had my PCP prescribe a 6 day steroid pack to relieve the pain. I go back next week after taking this and will start on some exercises/stretches. He also lent me a really nice ice pack thing, that I have do use 3 times a day. I know I probably shouldn't do this, but I am going to try at least one run in agility this morning, I have a trial next weekend, and I have not taken class for the last 2 weeks.

Diane Sue, that is a great LIVE workout. That has to be so frustrating about the car. I hope you have found the solution for your tablet. I guess if they get out of school in May, August would make sense to start back. It would not be good here, since May could still be cold and ugly weather, August is one of our nice months.

Carolyn, great workouts! I didn't realize that JS had an HIIT walk in that series.

Hi to Judy, Valerie, & Lori,

Take care,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.