Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 9/6

Today I did JS 30 Minute Fat Blaster from the 30 Day Plan. That was 228 calories burned, average heart rate 132, and maximum heart rate 250. I really wanted to do SS PHA, but I knew that I should give my forearm a rest. I needed something short anyway since I had Investment Club this morning.

Diane Sue, I’m so glad that you were able to get the school work done with your grandson. Hopefully they are figuring out the problems and things will work better going forward.

Lori, that’s great that you have the pink flamingo! My birthday is tomorrow, but I don’t have any interesting gift requests.

Hello to Judy, Deb, Valerie, and Cathy.

Since I can't workout tomorrow I did Chest and Back today. I'll double up again on Tuesday, so I stay on track. Hoping to get some hikes in while I'm up there. No rain in the forecast, but Monday morning will be in the 40's so pretty brisk. Hoping to be out of here by 5 a.m. tomorrow.

So do those of you who have Cathe Live also have On Demand? I've long wanted to be able to create my own step workouts and with the Workout Blender I could. Since I'm not using videos for weight work right now, I'll wait till I finish up the next two weeks of what I'm currently doing.

Carolyn I don't think I've tried Cardio Slam either. I really need to explore that series. That's a great calorie burn you got today on a short workout.

Lori Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great day. That's a very fancy looking flamingo you got! Looks like it's ready to go dancing.

Valerie safe travels to MT! I hope you can be outdoors there, though I did see that they have smoke from the fires to the west in some places. Someone I follow on Twitter lives in Orange County and hasn't had her windows open in a week, four air purifiers running and her son is still getting nosebleeds. So many people aren't safe right now.

Diane Sue I'm glad you've got some of the schooling stuff figured out. So many people are ready to throw in the towel on school at home. I hope things continue to get smoother for you. Back when we homeschooled, that was the son that was the class clown. In case you didn't know that there was such a thing as homeschool class clowns. He knew that if he got me laughing nothing would get done and he would have me and his brother dying of laughter. I finally put them in separate rooms and that helped a lot. My apple laptop has no USB or HDMI ports.

We are driving now. Visibility is a few hundred yards at best. Smoky haze is endless. At least no flames! This is awful and feels like it will never Clear.

Did total body metabolic yesterday and abs. Today will sit all day.

Lori I bought a pair of plastic flamingos 30 yrs ago when we finished building our house and put them in the front yard where DH could not miss them. We still have one of them but his legs are broken And looks pretty rough.

So glad my mother didn’t homeschool us. She was unfortunately not very bright and used national enquirer as her news source I am the apple that tried to roll away froM the tree.

Last edited:
Today I did Cathe Live # 126 timesaver Step Grooves, which I really like and have done quite a few times. This was 36 minutes, 195 calories, heart rate 126/168, 3,524 steps. Lots of traveling and turns with this one and familiar moves. I then did Cathe Live #304 Burn Sets Biceps and Triceps, 39 minutes, 81 calories :rolleyes: , heart rate 92/138, 628 steps. Total time was 75 minutes, 276 calories, 4,152 steps. Today I bathed my dog and have been cleaning house. I ordered some groceries from Whole Foods. I will have to go out to the Dollar General and probably Sprouts tomorrow though. Just a few items. At least I get to avoid Walmart. They did't have the GT's Gingerade Kombucha. It showed on their list in the larger bottle. They did text and offer Ginger berry, but I am not purchasing something to drink as a substitute that I don't really love. I did that with the GT Alive last time and I hated both flavors I ended up with. It seems I only like the Guayusa tumeric one. The gave me 10 dollars off today since they were missing items last time.
Weights today for Live Burn Sets Biceps and Triceps
Standing Curls 20# dbs 12 reps
overhead triceps extensions 30# db 12 reps
seated dumbbell curl 17.5 # dbs 12 reps
incline close grip bench press 15# dbs
(next time I will use 17.5)
seated alternating sweeper curls 17.5# dbs 10 reps right and left count as 1 rep
lying incline skull crusher 15# dbs 12 reps
1 arm concentration curls 17.5 # 10 reps
crossbody kickbacks 12# db 12 reps
W curls 15# dbs 12 reps
close grip bench press flat bench 15# dbs 12 reps + 2 bonus reps
seated alternating hammer curl 17.5 3 DBS 10 reps left and 10 right then bonus 2 reps both
concentric triceps push ups on platform 10 reps
concentric biceps curls 15# dbs 10 reps
(next time I will use 17.5)
eccentric triceps push ups on platform 10 reps
eccentric biceps curls 17.5# dbs 10 reps
1 arm triceps kickbacks 15# db 12 reps
reverse curls 15# dbs 12 reps
dips with db in lap 15# 50 reps

Lori, I love the pink flamingo. I hope you had a lovely birthday.

Carolyn, nice work with JS workout. I hope you had an enjoyable time with your investment club. I think they are getting the apps and plans running better now, for school. I mentioned to my daughter that I couldn't get on ahead very often to print up work sheets and plan ahead. She told me that my grandson's teacher probably feels like her, in that if they put it up too early, they can end up with those that do it ahead and submit it and the teacher has a flood of school work to sort through for each child. I can see that the work I submitted shows submitted, but a lot says not graded yet. His teacher also had the star tests for children individually or in a couple at a time. It uses another app through google and chrome and she can manipulate the page and the child does the test. When he would stop or start chatting, she would get him back to work as she could see what he was doing on his work and while sitting at the table. So anyway, she was pretty busy. Morning check in was really quick. She usually does a story and asks different children in the class questions. But she did not yesterday. Just roll call and she left the last math page as homework and turn it in Monday. We did it and I will submit it. But it was originally on yesterday's class work. It is rather interesting how they are doing it.

Cathy, I think Lori has made her own workouts from the on Cathe on Demand. I have just done the live workouts. You should have not problem then, watching with the computer and television. LOL on the homeschool class clown. I know someone on another check in here that goes outside for long walks in CA and the air is too bad to go out and she lives near the beach. Years ago we lived in Orange County. That is where my two oldest were born. I don't miss it at all. I met my husband there when I was staying with my grandmother.

Valerie, I remember my in laws always had the National Enquirer. Although we laughed at the ridiculous stuff. I hope things are better for you in MT. That smoke looks awful on the news.

Happy Birthday Carolyn!

Yesterday I did Cathe Live #214, Total Body Giant Sets. I'm working this weekend, but shorter shifts so it's not too bad. I'll get caught up on everyone's posts tonight.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.