Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 9/24

Lori there was no one else around and I mean no buildings,roads, or anything . Just a primitive gravel road and a single track trail off of it. A wildlife area into wilderness and bordering the park. It was lovely ....just us and the trees and sagebrush. There is supposed to be a ranch back in there but never saw it. Elk droppings are like deer pellets and are from last year and before. Dry like brownish ball bearings but nOt big sloppy splotches like cows. There were two people coming up on horseback while we were coming down but they disappeared when we were far away and never saw more than a glimpse. So many places to go and uncrowded compared to the park. I have no clue what rebounding looks like. I need to look but keep forgetting.

I'm not sure why high reps is working so well for me except I think lighter weight and more reps and partials are less risky than going up in weight. I am getting tired of this one so time to move to a different workout. My shoulder is working well but I wish I could be sure what caused the previous injury.
We rode for. 2.5 hours today but wow the cardio aspect was harsh. Elevation is so unforgiving even after 5 days. Coming back down took no time st all but going up we had to stop and breathe many times and several sections we had to walk

There are no "plants ". here just sagebrush rabbit brush, grass and other misc weed type plants. We are only gravel near the house. We are convinced the paint or other building material Is attracting them. When the temp drops they disappear.

Good morning,

No workout yesterday.

Judy, agree, 4-Day Split is one of the best series. I hope the new ones have that much variety.

Carolyn, are you in Meso 3 yet of STS? That is the one with the really long rests between sets. I used to FF them...too impatient to wait that long. Good your Apple issues are resolved.

Valerie, sounds like a lovely ride. Just what you need....more Yellow Jackets! :(. NOT! We had a nest in our eave...John kept spraying it, and we think we finally got rid of them.

Lori, glad you are enjoying the new rebounder! I should go over to YouTube and watch one of those videos to see what it is all about. Nice of your CEO to give out tickets to the game.

Diane Sue, that is great that the guy was able to fix the tread climber, and will be able to replace the boards and belts for a decent price too. Good to have a contact like that for any future issues too.

No agility class today. We are going to see "The Producers" this afternoon...looking forward to it.

Have a great weekend!

We looked and can't find any nest. We get them under eaves /roof in Washington so know what to look for. They probably nest in ground here. As soon temps cooled off yesterday they were gone and it will freeze mnext week so maybe that was why they were so desperate! They seemed strongly attracted to the siding No problems on hikes or rides. On our way home today

I have time Today so will check utube too after all the talk of bouncing , I need to see what it looks like.

When I did sts I did the rests as programmed. I also took 2 weeks for each chapter mostly because I had not done a weight program before and did not do 1 rep max so sometimes some high degree of trial and error. If I have a stretch of time I'm thinking of redoin sts this winter

Last edited:
Today I had scheduled STS Cardio Hiit 40/20, but changed it to the Hiit Double Wave Pyramid since I already did step with the jumps on and off yesterday with cardio legs. I will reserve that one for next week unless I change my mind on my tentative plan. Hiit Pyramid was 31 minutes, 265 calories, heart rate average 132, max 179, 2,101 steps. I also did X Train core 2 for my abs, 13 minutes, 46 calories. Total time was 44 minutes, calories 311. Today I have heard a crow cawing over the skylight in my upstairs bath. I heard it yesterday too. Today at first I just heard some thumping and was wondering what it was then I heard it caw and start making scratching sounds. I don't know what it is doing up there. I suppose winter is coming and it will probably head south. Maybe it is foraging?

Deb, enjoy seeing the Producers this afternoon. The talk about 4 Day Split has me kind of wanting to do the weight work so I tentatively have put them in my rotation for next week.

Valerie, your cardiovascular system will probably seem stronger when you get back home after these rides. That is nice that you don't have crowds of people there. I hope the winter helps with your pests.

Diane sue a person generates more Red blood cells to help with elevation changes. It takes several days at least to adapt but when you return to sea level the change seems to go away in a day or two. At least for me it does. It's why athletes train at altitude when they can. Wish it lasted longer !!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.