Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 8/8

Today I did CDorner Kickbox Hiit from yesterday. I liked this one a lot and lots of fun music and guessing which movie some pieces were used in, like Mannequn. There were three groups of exercises done twice for 45 seconds each move. Only one went to the floor and I just did the punches and a squat hop (she did give alternatives) This was 39 minutes, heart rate 151/186, 239 calories, 3,060 steps. No equipment needed.
I followed this with her Pilates Ball thighs, buns, and abs. I don't know why, but I was really sweating when she had me laying facedown with the ball squeezed between my feet and holding my feet off the floor. Seriously sweating. Moving into other stuff, I finally had to stop and get a towel as the ball kept wanting to slide. Good workout though and most of it was not on the knees at all. The last 10 minutes was abs and I kind of liked the moves. This was 34 minutes, and 69 calories, heart rate 88/113, 125 steps. Total time was 73 minutes, 308 calories, 3,172 steps. I also did the upper portion of foam rolling for hips and upper body, and then did the 15 minute quick stretch total body which most used a chair for.

This morning I did a timesaver from Crossfire. I did the Fitness Blast + Firewalker Tabata for 28 minutes and 160 calories burned. My average heart rate was 121 and maximum heart rate was 149. This is not a workout that I would choose on my own, but it is in the rotation and I decided to go with it. I modified the cardio to reduce the impact and that worked out well.

Diane Sue, great job with CDorner Kickboxing HiiT, Pilates Ball thighs, buns, and Abs, and the foam roller segment. Are you still having the neck and shoulder pain?

Hello to Cathy, Judy, and Valerie.

Did upper body yesterday as planned, stacked sets. I use it more than any other. simple, fast, not every dumbbell I own on the floor.

temp and air quality are horrid today, indoor for sure. need to do a fast grocery shopping run first.

half hour at level 10 on elliptical today.

Last edited:
I’m taking a rest day today. I had a 9:30 meeting and didn’t feel like rushing to fit in a workout. I also didn’t feel very energetic so a rest day was needed. Hello to everyone and have a wonderful day.

day off today too. ugly air and nasty conditions. is supposed to clear out tonight into tomorrow morning. did some garden work, and the second half of shopping. had a headache from conditions. will road ride in the am if air clears out..

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.