Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 8/18/2024

This morning I did JS 15 Minute Fat Blaster for 15 minutes, 114 calories burned, average heart rate 136, and maximum heart rate 158. Then I did STS 2.0 Mobility 1. I really needed that stretching and mobility work today.

Valerie, nice job walking in the State Park. Getting set up and knowing what’s coming next really makes a difference with a workout. I understand what you mean about trying to decide on weights when things are going so fast.

Cathy, nice job with STS 2.0 Trisets Total Body. I hope you can figure out what caused the error codes on your stove. Getting it to stop is good, but what was the problem in the first place. It would drive me crazy to not know the reason.

Hello to Diane Sue and Judy.

Yesterday was a rest day. Today I ran 3 miles and did Muscle Meltdown Triceps.

Diane Sue-Great job with CDorner Step Aerobics and Raw stretch flow. I’m so glad that you are feeling better.

Carolyn-Great job with Killer Legs timesaver+Bonus Barre, JS 15 Minute Fat Blaster and STS 2.0 Mobility 1. I have Killer Legs and Bonus Barre on my list of workouts to do next week. I should add in STS 2.0 Mobility too.

Valerie-Great job with the walk.

Cathy-Great job with STS 2 Tri Sets Total Body.

Cathy if you know the error codes look them up online under the stove brand/model sometimes there is more info there than what came with the stove. maybe a temporary glitch. our current microwave has gotten stuck a few times where it keeps running after you have pressed the cancel button multiple times and even opened the door. it happened twice so I unplugged it for a few minutes, plugged it back in and it seems Ok. Its a Toshiba. I really like it so I hope its not dying. it seems like a glitch that cleared itself.

total weather wipeout today. rain cold, felt like november. tomorrow will be similar. we had planned to mt bike early but rain arrived early so that didnt work out. I walked the treadmill at 3 miles and hour and 4.5% grade for half an hour. plus some pushups and dips. used the day for some serious cooking and baking.

Just finished doing the latest Live Kick, Box and Sweat. Loved this one and it went right into my favorites. Then I did Step Boss Bonus Abs 2 and Lying Stretch. Pretty much every muscle group, especially upper body, told me it got a good workout yesterday.

Valerie the stove hasn't done it again, so we're keeping our fingers crossed. Great job with the treadmill and pushups/dips. Sorry about the yucky weather. Our next 6 days are 85-90! Ugh

Judy great job with the run and triceps.

Carolyn great job with JS 15 Minute Fat Blaster for 15 minutes and Mobility 1.

Hi Diane Sue.

I'm ashamed to say that 85 sounds pretty good right now. it wasn't long ago I complained about how dry it was. now we are swimming. it cooled off, a lot of rain a week ago but it was short lived. now this pattern has settled in. cold( not even 60) and raining. the timing could not be worse. all our crops were getting close to ripe. the corn is knocked down, the tomatoes look hopeless and even the zucchini is not producing. I picked a lot about a week ago but there weren't flowers for an ongoing crop. usually august into mid september is the big harvest. even the beans are stuck at teeny tiny stage. it feels and looks like late october. we wont starve but we put a lot of work into the garden. it looks like very little will ripen. not a single tomato.
most definitely an indoor workout today. I made soup for lunch!. its like winter.

cathy good luck with the stove. electronics are great until they arent.

Today is my rest day. I made my usual market run this morning and plan to do a few things around the house this afternoon.

Judy, great job with your 3 mile run and Muscle Meltdown Triceps.

Valerie, great job walking on the treadmill and doing pushups and dips. Sorry that the rainy cool weather forced you to do indoor activities. We’ve had a few cool mornings and mild days . It feels like early fall, but that’s about to end. Next week we will get to high 90s.

Cathy, great job with Live Kick, Box, and Sweat, Step Boss Bonus Abs, and Lying Stretch.

Hello to Diane Sue.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.