Pentagenarians & Beyond W/B 7/28

Carolyn, I thought about Jessica Smith's workouts when I stopped at the library to pick up books today. They moved things and I don't know where they moved the Fitness dvds to. I need to look online and maybe reserve some.

Valerie, I like core work too. I was short on time and really don't care for the core work distributed through the circuit workouts like they do on Ice Boot Camp Circuit. Not when you going from standing to the floor throughout. It drops the heart rate way down. Also when trying to monitor with the Fit Bit your heart rate average drops for the total workout when you add the ab work in at the end. I do that way sometimes, but I prefer to separate them. Even with the workout manager you see a drop in met value when the floor work is added on. You handle the cold so much better than I do. I like summer as I don't have to worry about nasty weather and if I can get out of the house or not. I do prefer there is a bit of a breeze with the heat though. When it is still and near 100 then it is stifling. I stay indoors.

Deb, I hope you are feeling better and your computer issues can be fixed. I am having problems with my android tablet. It keeps saying processing system is not responding and this afternoon when I plugged it in it said it could not charge because the battery was too hot. It still works, but I am thinking it may go out on me. It does odd things and blue tooth sometimes will not turn on or off periodically. Samsung Print service plug in keeps saying it is not working. I don't get it.

Good morning,

Finally got the culture results yesterday, and meds. It was pretty stressful, to the point where I basically hung upon one of the office people from the Urologist's office.

Carolyn, that Build Balance workout sounds reall good. A nice combination of things in a short period.

Valerie, yes, I can see how the rides in MT would be more difficult, with rocks etc, Still amazed at how much of this you and your husband do! the C-Dif concern is what makes the whole thing so frustrating for me and any Dr staff that are involved. Every time I have to take an anti-biotic the stress of it not being the correct one, and having to maybe change to another is high. That is why they (and me) are so reluctant to prescribe or take something before the culture comes back.
I've tried cranberry juice in the past, unless it'sone of those sugarery ones, I have a hard time choking it down. I need to drink more water every day. That has always been a problem I've had.

Diane Sue, what is Smart Beat screening? I must have missed something? I hope your tablet does not die on you. The worst thing about my desktop having issues is that all my "important" stuff is on it. My iPad is mostly just for streaming, and to use as a back up if the desk top is out of commission. I am going to have to break down and get a new one. I just hope he is able to fix it this time.

Hi to Judy & Lori

Take care,

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Step 2, 41 minutes, 288 calories, met 8.0, heart rate 136, max 166, 8 inch step, 3,715 steps. I then did Raw Hips and Glutes finisher, 18 minutes, met 6.0, 82 calories, 555 steps, heart rate 111 average, 146 max. I was going to do the floor work on Cathe's lite bands workout, but when I got to the end of the warm up she was doing push ups so I gave that up and did the extended stretch and some foam rolling, this was 22 minutes, heart rate average 93, max 129, 313 steps, met 3.0, 53 calories. Total time was 81 minutes, 423 calories, 4,583 steps. My grandson is here today and later the 5 and 11 year old will be here and they are staying the night. Church work tomorrow to get it ready for when school starts. I am exhausted today. Very little sleep last night. I take Motrin before I go to bed and wake up coughing here and there and struggle to get comfortable. Then I wake up 4 hours or so later when the Motrin wears down and I am feeling the pain. I was up at 4:30 this morning. No opportunity coming up for rest either. Now I have to wait two weeks to get in to the Physical therapist. I will need to change my doctor appointment because I was supposed to go after around 3 or 4 weeks if the shoulder and neck issue is not better. They set that appointment for the 29th. I can't work it in the first two weeks in September. Too far. Unless I can time it with my grandsons school I will be getting him up and taking him to.

Deb, I am so sorry that your talk with the urologist was not good. It sure does not help when you are miserable. I will post a link to the Smart Beat so you can see what it is. I use my tablet for a lot of my stuff. Even shopping as I shop through apps. I have my Cathe downloads on and manuals on it. They are on the sd card though. I am hoping to take them out and add them to the new one. I ordered a new one last night. It told me the battery was too warm. Then later I was trying to put my workouts in MFP and it froze up. It would not let me back out or shut it down. I put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes and then it let me shut it down. When I rebooted and was getting ready to place an order through my ibotta app the keyboard would not work. I finally used my phone. I got to bed way to late. I got the keyboard to work this morning by going into settings and turning off and on a feature and resetting it.

Deb, here is the link to Smart Beat screening. I was lucky as they do this at my clinic so I did not have to track down a new location for it.

This morning I did Cardio Quick Fix, both workouts. That was 45 minutes and 357 calories burned. My average heart rate was 135 and maximum heart rate was 157.

Deb, I hope you can find a way to drink more water during the day. Adding a slice of lemon, lime or cucumber might help. I drink tons of water now, but it’s a habit I developed over time. The JS workouts Build Balance + Inner Strength, Boost Metabolism + Muscle, and Burn Fat & Have Fun are all good workouts that don’t leave me feeling wiped out. Jessica is good at matching her workouts to her target audience.

Diane Sue, the Smart Beat screening seems to be a regional practice. We probably have something similar in this area. I don’t blame you for ordering a new tablet. After a certain point you can tell that it’s time to replace.

Hello to Valerie, Judy, and Lori.

Judy, nice work with Cardio Quick Fix. I am loving that one :) They gave me paperwork for another screening place and program, but I was happy to do it in my doctor's office. I also did not have to do the blood work and the eye test since I had just done those. I did feel sorry for the lady doing the work because he computer died on her when she had the pressure cuffs strapped around my ankles and arms. She got one arm results and it dies. She had to go plug it in on the other side of the room to charge up and went ahead and did the rest of the screening except the fitness part and came back and finished it.
Yes, it is time to replace this tablet. I have had it almost 5 years. I thought about checking into a new battery, but I am not sure that is the problem and by the time I get done with frustration of trying to troubleshoot and money for a battery change, I might as well replace it.

Deb, more water will help head these things off, unless you have some other issue going on. Docs are being careful to prevent you from another bout of c. diff. do they tell you to take probiotics or eat yogurt when taking antibiotics? that is how I got started on yogurt for breakfast..... I had a large dose of antibiotics for case of Pyelonephritis I had last year. had not had a UTI since I was a small child.

I have never had issues with antibiotics but to make sure that continued , I started eating yogurt for breakfast and have stayed with it. I have a 26 oz water bottle. I drink 2 full bottles in the morning in addition to coffee, milk. I drink one bottle before I get out of bed. when I set a clear water volume goal, it helps me stay hydrated. you need to find a bathroom more often, but for sure I do NOT want a repeat of that infection. Hope you are feeling better. I don't like cranberry juice either but if it helped alleviate UTI symptoms, I'd do it short term.

we did a 1 hr 45 min ride this morning early on a FS road near our house. it was lovely out. we saw loads of flowers, dippers (small water diving birds) and ruffed grouse. forgot to look at mileage but its hilly so a decent workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.