Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 7/12

Sometimes I look at our "stuff' and think we are overly indulgent. we use all regularly. we keep a pair of mt bikes in montana. hard to carry them back and forth. when on the rack its hard to get into back of car plus need to worry about theft. a decent mountain bike is so cheap these days it made sense to le

I did Revd up rumble yesterday. got into a time crunch before dinner because I didn't plan well.

for some reason it wont let me post most of the message.

Last edited:
This morning I did JS 30 Minute Fat Blaster which was 222 calories burned. My average heart rate was 134 and maximum heart rate was 156. Then I did JS Gentle Yoga Total Body for another 20 minutes and 40 calories. All Out Low Impact HiiT was on my schedule for today but I was not in the mood for that. I like the workout but just didn’t want to do it this morning.

Diane Sue, nice work with Coffeyfit Raw 888 and Cardio Tone. I was inspired to do JS Gentle Yoga after you did it a few days ago. I hope your allergies are better soon.

Deb, great job with Live Burn Sets Chest, Back, and Shoulders. The Live Burn Sets seem to be very popular based on comments that I have read.

Judy, great job with the 7 miles walking and running. It must be a relief to be on leave again and not having to worry about being around so many people.

Cathy I’m glad that your power was not off for long. 17,939 steps is quite an accomplishment for the day and you topped it off with Rev’d Up Rumble. Great job!

Valerie, nice work with Stacked Sets Upper Body and Rev’d Up Rumble.

Waves to Lori and Christina.

had trouble posting this but seems OK now.
Cathy we have 2 pairs of mt bikes and a pair of road bikes in Washington. we have not done road riding in MT. road bikes are easier to carry. Mt bikes are heavier, need a costlier rack to carry them .a basic bike is not that expensive. my newer bike is a Trek womens mt bike and cost around $800. my road bike cost a lot more. I have bad arthritis in hands/wrists so went to more expensive shifting system on the road bike. mt bikes are built for combat!
some family had to travel recently. said all the hotels they stayed in were VERY on top of virus prep. they felt perfectly safe. they requested a room that had not been used recently and got one. the room itself was tape sealed. they brought sanitizer and wipes and re-did some high use areas. this was in Portland so a bigger city than Marquette but travel has taken such a huge hit that hospitality industry is going above and beyond to make people comfortable.

Cathy-thanks! I walk in the neighborhood around our condo. It's all residential and part of it is on gravel roads which I like. It feels more rural than it is.
Nice job with all the steps and the workout!

Valerie-That's good to know about the hotels. We have 3 newer mt bikes and 3 older ones that I brought with me from Iowa. Chris likes to work on them. He has a park tool stand and some equipment. He took a few bicycle repair classes at REI and can do most of the basic repairs.

Carolyn-Yes, it is a big relief to be on leave. Great job with the JS workouts!

This was a major hotel chain in a big city. I don't know if it's that good everywhere. I hope so. they usually use Marriott so I think that was it.

did total body metabolic today. I haven't been doing enough lately. it was hard. it kicked my butt! it was way warmer than I'm used to.

Judy that's funny... 6 bikes too!. DH does some minor repair things but doesn't feel OK with doing actual service. we can change tires, fix flats, clean and lube them but adjusting derailleur and brakes we take them to the shop. once a year is usually enough

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.