Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 5/26/2024

Cathy this was on the creek where we see the salmon runs in fall. they looked so small I expect theyvery recently hatched. they were almost on a sand bar at a bend in the creek where water was slower. I got about 2 seconds total to see them. kept trying to count what I had seen from the "picture" in my head, not exactly reliable. I was going about 18 mph so could not stop instantly. there are very protected sections of the creek we will never see so she is in a good spot. I'm not sure what kind of duck but common merg is what I think I saw. not mallards.

Judy we are into "orange cone" season. everything is under construction! I was the science kid. loved it. I still do. DH and I do "great courses" for fun during lunch time. not great at math but did what I needed to. Plate tectonics are one of my favorite things to learn about. it was not known about when I was a student but it is fascinating. it explains so much and gives you a much clearer idea of how the planet "works".

Last edited:
No workout for me today. I had a doctors appointment this morning and there was no time for working out. It was a routine follow up appointment but it took most of the morning with driving time.

Waving hello to everyone. Have a wonderful day.

Today I did a variety of short workouts. I started with KCM Power Splits Lower Body (thanks to Carolyn for reminding me about this one), then I did ICE Muscle Meltdown Triceps, 10 minutes of Peloton Arms & Light Weights and 15 minutes of Peloton Core. After that I did a 30-minute run/walk, with a little more running than walking. Total time was about 90 minutes.

Cathy-Great job with ICE Metabolic Total Body. I’m sorry about your internet going out again.

Valerie-It’s definitely orange cone season in SE Michigan too. Plate Tectonics is interesting. Chris and I like to study and learn new things too. I’ve taken a few of the great courses and we like Udemy classes too.

Hi to Carolyn and Diane Sue

We did another trail ride this morning after the HVAC person finished the annual servicing of our furnace/air. sunny and warm. going to be wet this weekend so we hope to get in a trail walk/hike with neighbors if tis not raining too much.
Judy I never heard of Udemy. will take a look at it. we\ve done quite a few Great Courses. the quality is all over the map. some aren't worth it, some are outstanding. I've tried hard to get in history courses because my back ground is so meager and aim for a general sense of what happened rather than trying to remember specific battles, dates, and generals. The science based courses are worth watching more than once IMO. only will get broad concepts the first time through
we started one on US government. how the system works or is supposed to work. its not "political" in that the instructor does not take sides.

I have been busy lately and scheduling is different. Yesterday I did CDorner Fast Basic Step #383, 33 minutes, 147 calories, heart rate 118/144, 2,860 steps. I then did CDorner Rest and Relax stretch which was holding stretches for a while. It felt good as my neck and upper back were hurting along with hips and thighs being sore from the new workouts I did. This was 37 minutes, 63 calories. Total time 70 minutes, 210 calories.
Today I just did a quick workout to get in something and a stretch. I am still sore and do not want to over do cardio. I did Raw Shadow Boxing # 2 19 minutes, 85 calories, heart rate 113/148. I liked this and used 2# dumbbells since I do not have egg weights. I followed with CDorner Full Body Morning Stretch #23 12 minutes, 23 calories. Total time was 31 minutes 108 calories. Not much but enough.

Internet was in and out yesterday. Mostly out. I shopped and stopped at the Verizon store to get info on their Home LTE internet. Next week I'm going to stop and get the stuff we need to do it. 30 month free trial, and a locked in rate for 3 years that's more than 1/2 what we pay now. And the speeds are so much better. We can keep AT&T while we try it out so if it doesn't work well, we'll still have something. It's working fine today, but I'm really the only one using it since DH isn't working and Derek is at work. Of course that shouldn't matter. In the past, when Nick was home, all three of us could be streaming while DH worked.

This morning I did my blended version of P30 Lower Body. I omitted the dead lifts and added the bonus floor exercises. I actually used the same weight as Cathe, but I did it by using my 10lb vest for a lot of the exercises.

Diane Sue great job with CDorner Fast Basic Step, and stretch, and Raw Shadow Boxing and stretch.

Valerie great that you were able to get in a ride after your service person left. My main ID issue is birds in flight or sitting in trees. Especially eagles when I go up north. If they are mature and have a white head, or fly across in front of me, easy, if they are further away it's guess work. If you want to learn history check out History Hit. I subscribe a couple times a year and stream the new stuff that interests me. They also have a bunch of podcasts. It's a lot of English history, but they also cover the ancient world, and major events in other countries. Most of the episodes are 30-60 minutes and some are done in parts. https://www.historyhit.com/

Judy great job with KCM Power Splits Lower Body, ICE Muscle Meltdown Triceps and the Peloton workouts. Wouldn't you love to have invested in the companies making all those construction barrels and cement barriers.

Hi Carolyn.

Today I did JS One Mile of Motivation and STS 2 Standing Abs Metabolic Core Warm Up. My time was 29 minutes with 200 calories burned. My average heart rate was 133 and maximum heart rate was 163. I went produce shopping at the markets after my workout.

Judy, great job with the variety of short workouts: Power Splits Lower Body, MM Triceps, Peloton Arms, Peloton Core, and 30 minute run/walk.

Valerie, nice job with the trail ride. It’s good that you have found courses that interest you.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner Basic Step and Rest and Relax Stretch, Raw Shadow Boxing, and CDorner Full Body Stretch.

Cathy, great job getting P30 Lower Body done with the internet problems. Trying the Verizon service sounds like a very good idea.

Have a great day everyone.

Today I did Raw Kelly's 8 Favorite Moves(June) Total Body , 37 minutes, 121 calories, heart rate 104/139. I also did Raw Yoga Stretch 14 minutes, 24 calories. Total Time 51 minutes, 145 calories. I just wanted to do weights today.

My laptop shut down on me earlier and it took some work getting it to start back up. I am guessing because it was pushing me to get Windows 11 before October. Then I set it to download it and it has been sluggish ever since. Hopefully it is working better tomorrow.

Valerie, I sang in choir in school when I was young and church choir years ago. I am generally alone when singing unless singing with the church congregation. I bet the little ducklings were really cute.

Judy, great job on the KCM Power Splits Lower Body, ICE Muscle Meltdown Triceps, 10 minutes of Peloton Arms & Light Weights and 15 minutes of Peloton Core yesterday and then adding a 30 minute walk/run.

Cathy, nice job on your blended version of P30 lower body. I have various weighted vests in weights up to 20#, but they always seem to aggravate my neck and hurt. The best one has a cross over in the back and front so it does not slide forward on me. I hardly use them anymore. I hope the Verizon service works better for you. We used to have problems with AT&T and was glad to get back to Cox Internet.

Carolyn, nice job on JS one Mile to motivation and STS 2 standing metabolic core warm up today.

diane sue I got a message last night about microsoft discontinuing support for windows 10. it was october 2025. I doubt my desktop will last that long. its getting sluggish regardless of updates installed. recheck and make sure of the date. actually a pretty long time yet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.