Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 5/22

Today I did CDorner Fast Basic Step, 43 minutes, heart rate 123/153, 205 calories, 3,755 steps. I then did PT moves along with Lite Pyramid Pump back using lighter dumbbells than Cathe. This was around 25 actual minutes, but I forgot to start my Garmin, so it has me at 18 minutes, 46 calories. I needed to go to the store as I have grandchildren coming over to spend the night tomorrow and have some fun. Total time was 61 minutes (according to watch) 251 calories, 3,577 steps as I did not check steps on the strength work. I had a nice time with my granddaughter yesterday and took a rest day. Not sure if I will get a workout in tomorrow morning or not. Maybe I can do a short one.
I finally got kale from Whole Foods. I like that better than getting it at Walmart because I can get organic. They also carry a baby kale that is raised here in our state.

Cathy, I would be squealing if I was gifted a mouse on my pillow. my dogs have done the same thing with bugs. They will play with a cricket till it quits moving and then it isn't fun anymore. They go off and leave it lay. Same with birds and other critters. They end up on the doorstep as a present. So far my dog has not bought anything in through the doggie door. My daughter had hers bring in a skunk once. For whatever reason I keep having to troubleshoot why my devices are not working right or looking up all of my log in stuff to reset something. We got T Mobile in December and I swear I have the worst time with my cell phone. My husband was trying to call me this evening from work and it did not ring. They only reason I knew he had tried to call is I saw the voicemail suddenly pop up. My texts fail when I am answering people part of the time. I had someone getting upset with me and I couldn't get texts to go through and at first when I tried to call out it failed as well. I don't get it.

Judy, nice job on the Peloton ride today. Yes, I feel sorry for Kelly too. I hope it does not hurt her business too much.

Carolyn, great job with RWH Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps.

Valerie, it sounds like you are enjoying your hiking and riding. I am sure that you are enjoying the animals that you see.

good morning. we are not sure what we will do today asweather forecast is not cooperating. Carolyn ( or anyone else) would you start next weeks thread? I am not sure what we are doing sunday but we might be driving back to WA and Im not sure when we will decide. I think I will check back in but not sure.

Yesterday and today I did 45 minute Peloton Power Zone rides. It will be busy for the next couple of weeks, between working and doing things around the house. Chris and I are working on some projects and want to get out and do some biking too now that the weather is nice.

Carolyn-Great job with RWH Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders. It was easy to get caught up on things with several days off.

Diane Sue-Great job with CDorner Fast Basic Step and the PT Moves and Pyramid Pump Back. Yesterday Kelly posted that her site was fixed but it would take 48 hours to get back to normal. I'll check tomorrow and see. I hope she doesn't lose business because of this, but to be honest, I'm now concerned about having my cc info on her site and am thinking about cancelling. Even though I still have the grandfathered membership, I haven't been doing the workouts that much. I really need to do a week or two of the Raw workouts and decide if I want to keep the membership. Mine doesn't renew until November so I have some time to do this.

Valerie-Have a safe trip if you drive back to WA.

Hi to Cathy

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

This morning I was achy all over so I just did CDorner latest mobility relaxing stretch and did some foam rolling while she did kind of a lengthy meditation at the end. The stretch was good though and I will use it again. The stretch is about 23 minutes. Total time is 37 minutes, 58 calories. My grandchildren will be here soon. I hope you all have a nice long weekend.

Judy, I was able to get on Kelly's website after I signed up again through my Amazon account. My credit card information was not there anymore. Just the fact that I had subscribed and had had a previous subscription. So, I think I caught it while they were working on it. What a mess for her and customers. I use hers enough that, I got up one morning and thought I wanted to do a particular one and forgot I was locked out.

This morning I did Step Step Sync, combos 1 and 2. That was 33 minutes and 206 calories burned. My average heart rate was 122 and maximum heart rate was 153. I went to the grocery store this morning and I was surprised that it was so crowded. People seem to be getting an early start on holiday preparations.

Valerie, I will be happy to start the thread on Sunday.

Judy, nice job with the Peloton Power Zone ride.

Diane Sue, great job with the CDORNER relaxing mobility stretch and foam rolling. Enjoy your time with the grandchildren.

Hello to Cathy.

Today I did Boxing, Hiit Blasts and core. I really good workout!

Valerie I hope you found something fun to do today.

Diane Sue great job with Fast Basic Step and Pyramid Pump back. Rodents don't actually bother me, though I'm not keen on finding one on my pillow. I've had mice, rats, gerbils and hamsters as pets. It is a pain, to have the cats bringing them in though, especially when they get in the closet where I keep the overflow food. Small house. I've just put a live trap in there and will leave it there.

Carolyn nice job with Step Sync.

we ended up doing a ride yesterday after the morning rain stopped and cleared off. we rode the park road we did once before thinking it should be dry by now. well, it was dry but not dry enough. some areas the dirt is very sticky and our tires built up massive mud coatings. my tires would not turn, with the yoke scraping off the outer layer of dirt each revolution. so we didn't go as far as planned but got to a nice small lake where we listened to ducks and birds and watched elk grazing in the background. it was so lovely and quiet. going back downhill the caked on mud flew off quickly so downhill was OK, only the slower uphill climb didnt work well. flowers were lovely.

looks like we have our mouse issue resolved. no mice in the traps. DH has the floor lined with them!. sticky traps, snap traps, and the box traps we got from the pest control people. we had a kestrel( small hawk) who perched outside our kitchen door on one of the security cameras and helped catch mice. more later, going to go do a short ride.

Just did My Finished Combos. With the addition of Rhythmic Step it's now just over an hour. My new workout shoes have just a bit too much traction and once in awhile they stick. Hopefully they lose a bit of that. Derek had an exciting drive this morning avoiding a squirrel, a deer, opting to not stop to consider helping a snapping turtle along the road (generally we stop and move them across) because he felt it was too large to move safely. The he went through a caution light and the cop behind him turned and followed him, didn't do anything other than make him nervous LOL

Valerie even if the uphill portion of your ride yesterday was rough, it sounded like you went to a beautiful area! Hope your ride today goes well.

This morning I did P30 Perfect Pump Lower Body and the Extended Stretch. My time was 45 minutes with 229 calories burned. My average heart rate was 119 and maximum heart rate was 157.

Cathy, nice job with Boxing, HiiT Blasts and Core and your Finished Combos. Derek’s ride to work does sound like quite an adventure.

Valerie, nice ride yesterday.

Hello to Judy and Diane Sue. Have a wonderful day everyone.

another ride this morning although only an hour long. it was raining a little but there are some interesting ponds not far from our house near a large lake that usually have interesting birds early in the season. its a rough gravel road, and then off a short distance on a trail. we park near the large lake and ride the road and trail. often we ride up a hill to a cell tower too but not today. we saw quite a few cool and unusual birds, ones we dont see often. but it was raining and rained consistently. we were riding for an hour and were getting pretty wet so we bagged the cell tower idea and back to the car.

it was nice enough but the next several days are more of the same so we will head back to WA tomorrow. we were still kind of debating whether we would or would not. we are. so carolyn please start the thread.

so I know we don't talk politics here but I cant imagine we dont all agree on this even if we dont actually discuss it.
I am just sick ( deja vu all over again) at the most recent mass shootings. it is beyond my understanding how we as a country continue to do nothing. it is beyond the understanding of the rest of the world how we continue to let this happen again and again and don't take even the simplest measures to stop it when other nations have done so effectively and quickly. it is beyond ridiculous the NRA and most republicans suggest we 'harden" all targets or have every school, mall, grocery store, theater, club, airplane,etc turned into a defensive fortress with metal detectors and an armed police force. Please contact your representatives and senators if they are hindering and not helping, allowing the problem to continue on and on and on. school children should be worried about math tests, not defensive maneuvers for if their school is attacked by a shooter. Please do your part and raise your voice!!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.